US Jewish Friends Hail Muslim Savior

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Assaulted by a group of ten hotheaded Christians over religious sensitivities, four American Jews found help only from a young Muslim, the New York Post reported on Thursday, December 13.

"A Muslim-American saved us when our own people were on the train and didn't do anything," said Walter Adler, who suffered a broken nose.

Alder and his three friends were attacked by ten men and women on the Q train running between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

It all began when someone wished the Jewish group "Merry Christmas".

Alder and his friend Angelica Krischanovich responded: "Happy Hanukkah."

The Christian group sprinted to the Jewish friends and one of them hiked up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of Christ.

"He said, 'Happy Hanukkah, that's when the Jews killed Jesus,' " Adler recalled.

Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights, is an eight-day Jewish holiday.

US President George W. Bush on Monday, December 11, lit a menorah at the White House to mark Hanukkah.

Muslim Hero

The Christian group began taunting the Jewish friends with slurs such as "dirty Jews" and "Jew b*****s."

"They just came at us so fast," said Maria Parsheva.

"The first thing that came into my mind was, 'Yeah, this is going to be violent'."

Hassan Askari, a 20-year-old Muslim of Bangladeshi origin, jumped in to save the Jews.

He pushed one of the attackers away but he was pounced on by the others.

"They grabbed me and punched and beat me up," said Askari. "They punched me first. I didn't get a chance to punch back."

Alder pulled the emergency brake to alert the police of the fighting.

"I'm bleeding all over the place, there's lots of people, they're fighting with Hassan still, and I'm like, why isn't anyone else doing anything?" he remembered.

Ten people were arrested for attacking the Jewish friends. Six were charged with assault and four with unlawful assembly.

The Jewish friends were all grateful.

"A random Muslim guy jumped in and helped a Jewish guy on Hanukkah - that's a miracle," said Alder.

"He's basically a hero. Hassan jumped in to help us."

Askari, who is studying at Berkeley College in Manhattan, believes otherwise.

"I just did what I had to do. My parents raised me that way."

califmuslimah

Alhamdulillah, a Muslim is a Hero in the media for once and not a terrorist. I don't think it have headline news except maybe in NY but Go Hassan, go. Good work!!! I'd do the same, as the Prophet(saw) I'm sure would of done the same...

dianek

The following is from Wikipedia and NO they are not celebrating when they killed Jesus:

[edit] Origins of the holiday
Hanukkah, from the Hebrew word for "dedication" or "consecration", marks the re-dedication of the Temple in Jerusalem after its desecration by the forces of Antiochus IV and commemorates the "miracle of the container of oil." According to the Talmud, at the re-dedication following the victory of the Maccabees over the Seleucid Empire, there was only enough consecrated olive oil to fuel the eternal flame in the Temple for one day. Miraculously, the oil burned for eight days, which was the length of time it took to press, prepare and consecrate fresh olive oil.

Hanukkah is also mentioned in the deuterocanonical books of 1 Maccabees and 2 Maccabees. 1 Maccabees states: "For eight days they celebrated the rededication of the altar. Then Judah and his brothers and the entire congregation of Israel decreed that the days of the rededication...should be observed...every year...for eight days. (1 Mac.4:56-59)" According to 2 Maccabees, "the Jews celebrated joyfully for eight days as on the feast of Booths."

The martyrdom of Hannah and her seven sons has also been linked to Hanukkah. According to the Talmudic story[1] and 2 Maccabees, a Jewish woman named Hannah and her seven sons were tortured and executed by Antiochus' for refusing to bow down to a statue and eat pork, in violation of Jewish law.

[edit] Name
The name "Hanukkah" is interpreted in many ways.[2]

Some scholars say the word was derived from the Hebrew verb "חנך" meaning "to dedicate" or to "educate." On Hanukkah, the Jews mark the rededication of the House of the Lord.[3]
Others argue that the name can be broken down into "חנו", from the Hebrew word for encampment, and the Hebrew letters כ"ה, which stand for the 25th day of Kislev, the day on which the holiday begins: Hence, the Jews sat in their camp, that is, they rested fighting, on the 25th day of Kislev.[4]
Hanukkah is also the Hebrew acronym for "ח' נרות והלכה כבית הלל" meaning "eight candles as determined by House of Hillel" This is a reference to the disagreement between two rabbinical schools of thought - Hillel and the House of Shammai - on the proper way to light Hanukkah candles. Shammai said that eight candles should be lit from the start, and reduced by one candle every night, whereas Hillel argued in favor of starting with one candle and lighting an additional one every night. Jewish law adopted the position of Hillel.