US to test the fastest aircraft ever

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

HTV2-625x351.jpg

An aircraft scheduled to be tested by the Pentagon on Thursday is capable of reaching speeds of up to 13,000mph, or 3.6 miles a second.

An aircraft will take to the skies on Thursday that flies so fast it would only take 12 minutes for it to travel from LA to New York.

But before you start getting excited about the prospect of the technology being incorporated into the next generation of Boeing or Airbus aircraft, be aware that this is an unmanned machine being developed by the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency for military use.

A Wall Street Journal report says that if all goes to plan on Thursday’s flight, the Pentagon’s Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2, or HTV-2, could reach speeds of around 13,000mph – that’s 3.6 miles a second.

Weather permitting (a flight scheduled for Wednesday was scrapped due to bad weather), the test flight will begin on Thursday morning at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California when an Air Force Minotaur IV rocket takes the HTV-2 to the edge of space.

From there, the HTV-2 should separate from the rocket before flying over the Pacific at lightning speeds of up to Mach 20. At Mach 20, you could travel between London and Sydney in under 60 minutes.

The US military is interested in developing the hypersonic aircraft so that it can possess a machine which would be capable of reaching any part of the world in less than an hour. Presumably it would be armed to the teeth with weapons rather than delivering flowers.

Let’s hope Thursday’s test flight goes better than last year’s attempt when controllers lost contact with the craft just a few minutes after launch. The event won’t be shown online, though you can follow news and updates about it on the agency’s Twitter feed.

Image: DARPA

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-to-test-fastest-aircraft-ever-moves-at-13000mph/

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Yeah, see, the US public is so against casualties now that they have to use unmanned drones for air strikes.

If WW2 happened today, the Nazis would win. No doubt in my mind.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Flying Cars!

I'm waiting and still is about selling of flying cars which i know and read about
few years back but till today i haven't heard of anything yet, making it available.

Anyway,

:jazaak:
For sharing this News.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
All My Family In Islam.
Thank you,
Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I'm waiting and still is about selling of flying cars which i know and read about
few years back but till today i haven't heard of anything yet, making it available.

Anyway,

:jazaak:
For sharing this News.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
All My Family In Islam.
Thank you,
Take Care!

I remember back when I was grammar school in the early 1980's, the teacher asked us to draw a picture of what we thought life would be in the year 2000. Of course I drew a picture with flying cars and floathing cities.

Now I laugh to think that life is not really that much different now than it was 20-25 years ago, technologically speaking.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

i think i read about this somewhere they did the test but after like 10 min or somethign the aircraft was lost and they were unable to track it but it is suppose to be a big revolution in travelling travelling over water

Allahu Alam ,

walaikum salam

abdul-aziz

aslam o aliakum

i think i read about this somewhere they did the test but after like 10 min or somethign the aircraft was lost and they were unable to track it but it is suppose to be a big revolution in travelling travelling over water

Allahu Alam ,

walaikum salam

yes they spend a lot of money developing these things and at that speed I bet you they had trouble with the time it takes to communicate with the aircraft. It did go though just not as planned.

here is the follow up article: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/item/23112-pentagon-fails-in-quest-to/

Of course you know the military spends on this technology then it branches off to the public just like the internet. Maybe 1 day when someone needs an live saving organ or something across the world they will get it in an hour or so. Surely no human at this point and time can be in a plane at that speed.

Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
One Flying Car Pleasesssss

I remember back when I was grammar school in the early 1980's, the teacher asked us to draw a picture of what we thought life would be in the year 2000. Of course I drew a picture with flying cars and floathing cities.

Now I laugh to think that life is not really that much different now than it was 20-25 years ago, technologically speaking.

~~~

:ma:

Yeah!
Precisely.

But we won't deny the better technologically
than before~Alhamdulillah!

...But about that flying cars i am still hopeful
or hopeless:wink: coming from those helpless:SMILY27: inventor:SMILY153:???
:rolleyes:

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak!