Venezuela 'to sever Israel ties'

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Venezuela 'to sever Israel ties'

_41981332_chavez_ap203body.jpg
Hugo Chavez has been a harsh critic of Israel's policies

The President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez, has said his country is likely to sever ties with Israel in protest at its military offensive in Lebanon.
Mr Chavez said he had "no interest" in maintaining relations with Israel, whom he has accused of committing genocide.
Venezuela recalled its charge d'affaires to Israel last week, prompting Israel to withdraw its ambassador to Caracas on Monday.
Mr Chavez recently expressed his support for Israel's arch-foe, Iran.
In a televised speech, Mr Chavez said he had "no interest in maintaining diplomatic relations, or offices, or businesses, or anything with a state like Israel".
Mr Chavez rounded on Israel at the weekend, accusing the Jewish state of committing a "new Holocaust".
"Israel has gone mad. It's attacking, doing the same thing to the Palestinian and Lebanese people that they have criticised - and with reason - the Holocaust. But this is a new Holocaust."
The Venezuelan president has also angered Israel by showing support for Iran, which backs Hezbollah and has said the answer to the crisis in Lebanon is the elimination of Israel.
During a visit to Tehran at the end of last month, Mr Chavez said Venezuela would "stand by Iran at any time and under any condition". Israel said it had withdrawn its ambassador to Venezuela "as an act of protest against the one-sided policy of the president of Venezuela and in light of his wild slurs against the State of Israel".

azhar1973

shame on poodles of bush...

shame on poodles of bush such as musharraf pesident of pakistan including hamid karzai, king of jordan and saudi arabia, husne mubarak of egypt etc. may be they are all munafiks hypocrites not muslims(ALLAH knows best) they are not even angry when muslims are killed in lebanon or elsewhere they do not even open their lips against the wrong done by israel and usa. i think tony blair is better than these dogs. infact blair feels the pain of his brothers who were killed in 9/11 attacks and even helped usa militarily to take revenge while risking its own security. while these dogs are not ready to loose the comfort of this world. they are worst than bush and blair because they are not even ready to allow their people to vote,lest they would be kicked out. in saudi arabia the sharia is for the common man but not for the king.these munafiks should be first taught a lesson and innocent people should not be attacked because i as an indian vote for a particular party and if that goverment takes a wrong decision i m not responsible and there are many people who are opposed to bush"s policies but the terrorist"s bomb will not spare these people even:salam2: , so i think the main culprits should be punished and some puritan people should established a goverment in saudi arabia and follow islam in its original form and should take on israel and usa and its allies .if saudi arabia is attacked ,the whole muslim world would compell its goverments to defend the muslim holy land, but first saudi arabia should initiate.... i know it would happen in my lifetime but it would sure happen inshaALLAH.

zaid786

Muslim Leaders

Aslamalikum

You are correct in what you write.. today we ae divided as a ummat because of theses so called muslim leaders who exploit the holylands for little worldy gain.

I only pray the ummat of mohammed (SAW) unite, everyday i pray for this.. I pray allah gives us leaders like the calipha and leaders like Salaudin ayubi.

Inshallah