VERSE NUMBER 4:34

galadari

salaam,

dear brothers and sisters i have a freind in my university and he is quite interested in islam and finds islamic history to be really inetresting, and he keeps on asking me differrent questions and i try answer them in the best way. but yesterday he suddenly asked me something for which i cannot think of ne appropriate answer. in quran there is a verse;
[4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

well he was aksing me that our prophet was always gentle and polite to others even if they were wrong and islam teaches to love people and not to force someone, infact it encourages to inspire rather then forcing. but in here y is men allowed to beat their wives if they r not loyal to their husband. inshallah i hope allah will help me find a nice and logical answer from amongst u .

yours brother
jazak allah..........

Noor to shine

salaam,

dear brothers and sisters i have a freind in my university and he is quite interested in islam and finds islamic history to be really inetresting, and he keeps on asking me differrent questions and i try answer them in the best way. but yesterday he suddenly asked me something for which i cannot think of ne appropriate answer. in quran there is a verse;
[4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

well he was aksing me that our prophet was always gentle and polite to others even if they were wrong and islam teaches to love people and not to force someone, infact it encourages to inspire rather then forcing. but in here y is men allowed to beat their wives if they r not loyal to their husband. inshallah i hope allah will help me find a nice and logical answer from amongst u .

yours brother
jazak allah..........

:salam2:

If we read the verse then we find out it contains steps to solve a problem that may break a house and it talks about a woman with bad manners who mistreat her husband and don`t care about he house then the husband should try do his best to keep his house from breaking:The steps are as follows:
first admonish them

if this didn`t work and the woman didn`t care.

then
leave them alone in the sleeping-places

If this also didn`t work

Then the man has the right to beat his wife but many scholars said with no more than a miswak( lighter than a toothbrush)

Keeping in mind that a muslem should never be angry for himself but for Allah swt and that his intention by this beating is just to make things better .....if he knows that this kind of treatment will not work then he should not do it.

I think that our creator knows all that in ourselves and Allah swt knows that there are some women (some women not all) like to feel the strength of her husband .......Still our prophet :saw2: never hit a woman and warned not to hurt any creature but I think that the verse present a bitter cure to a bitter circumstances when houses are going to break and children will suffer.

And after a long experience in life I think that the family will enjoy the most happy life if the islamic teachings are followed with sincerity.
Islam can bring happiness and peace to our souls and our world.