VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
Ok, yes I am a Muslim as you can see what my name is. I have one very important question if Allah (SWT) has brought every single thing in this universe, that existed, that exist and that will exist how can something be there without being existed or made by anything. It saws in the quran that Allah (SWT) has no companions no mother or fater I understand that but how can he be there without being created or anything and be there before anything existed. Can someone please tell me! This is urgent

saffanah

speak good or silent
Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we commend your pursuit of knowledge and your keenness to understand Islamic beliefs and teachings. We earnestly implore Allah to bless your efforts in this honorable way.

Responding to the question you raised, Sheikh Yusuf Estes, a prominent Muslim scholar and director of Islamtomorrow.com, states the following:

“I like your question and may Allah always make us of those who seek true knowledge to better understand our purpose of this life, Ameen.

This question has to be evaluated on its merits and restated according to Islamic understandings.

First and foremost, Muslims do not compare Allah to His creation. Therefore, the question can be answered as such due to the fact that Allah is completely Exalted and far above mortal description; He is not “like” His creation.

Allah tells us in His Book that He is “As-Samad” (The eternally Besought of all). He is also the “Al-Awwal” (First) and the “Al-’Akhir” (Last) He is without beginning or end. This is how He always was and always is, and always will be, so to speak.

Second, Islam is clear on the issue of asking questions about Allah, warning people against being influenced by such question which could plant doubt into someone’s mind or drive him away from the Right Path.

Let us consider the Hadith of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) wherein he mentioned that the Shaytan (Satan) will come to you and trouble you with questions like: “Who created this or that?” To which you would logically respond: “Allah.” Until he would come to the question: “Then who created Allah?” At which point the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) instructed us to say: “I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed devil.” And then leave off this train of thought. (Reported by Muslim)

You might also consider similar questions that the enemies of Islam have used for centuries to weaken one’s faith in the existence of Allah.

To illustrate:

When the disbelievers come to you and ask you if you believe in God, you would logically reply: “Yes.”

Then they would ask you: “Can your God do anything?” You would say: “Yes.”

Then they would ask you: “Can your God make something huge?” You would say: “Of course.”

They would say: “Can your God make something so big that nothing can move it?” Then you would say: “Yes.”

Then they would say: “You mean that your God could make something so big that nothing could ever move it?” Again, you say: “Yes.”

Then they say: “So big that even your God can’t move it?” Now you have a problem.

Either you answer: “Yes.” They will say: “Then that means your God cannot do everything. Because now there is something that your God cannot do. He cannot move the object.”

But if you answer: “No.” They will simply say: “Then this is something that your God cannot do.”

This is a similar problem to the one you have mentioned. This is the idea of a god that is having problems with his own creation. The concept of Allah in Islam is that He is never compared to His creation. He merely says: “Be.” And it is. So, Allah does not operate like a human or anyone or anything within His creation. Within the laws of creation is the rule that nothing moves except that there is a fulcrum, a lever and a force. Allah does not have to use a fulcrum and lever to move anything. One of His attributes is that He is “Al-Qawiyy” (The All Powerful).

So, He is the Power. He does not come under the rules of His creation. He makes the rules. He operates within His own rules; He changes His rules as He pleases, and according to the way He deems fit. That is the understanding of the Muslims.

For further reading on this and other important subjects on Islam, please refer to books on `Aqeedah (Muslim Creed), Tawheed (Monotheism) and other Islamic Beliefs by: Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips; Dr. Jafar Sheikh Idris; Jamaludeen Zarabozo; Ali Tamimi, and others.”

You can also read:

The Nature of Allah

Naught Is as His likeness!

Why did Allah Create Us?

saffanah

speak good or silent
question:
As-salamu `alaykum.

The signs in the Qur'an assure me it's divine and prove that Allah is the Creator. But I had a problem answering a question posed by an atheist friend. He asked me who created Allah?

He also said that if we believe that Allah can do anything, then can He create something that He cannot destroy? If I say "no," I go against the statement He can do anything.

Salam dear questioner,

Thank you for your question.

Atheists and skeptics voice questions of the kind you quoted above, with a view to sowing the seeds of doubt in the minds of believers. If we analyze those questions, we can see they are in fact nonsensical ones based on absurd premises.

Consider the first question: "Who created Allah?"

The first premise underlying the question is that every thing (or being) known to exist in the world was created. The second premise is that Allah is known to exist in the world. So the conclusion is that Allah also was created.

In fact, there are problems with the second premise as well as the conclusion. The point is that Allah does not exist in the world unlike material objects or physical beings. Allah's existence transcends the world of space and time, as it is He Who has created not only all the objects and beings of the world, but also all the laws of space and time governing material and temporal existence.

In other words, Allah is beyond the limits and constraints of space and time and so He is not subject to the physical rules and norms that determine the nature of things and beings in the visible world.

We can view the issue from another angle. If everything in the universe needs a cause, then Allah also needs a cause.

It is important to note here that everything in the universe has a beginning; it is because of this that everything needs a cause, whereas Allah does not have a beginning and He does not need a cause.

Einstein has shown that time is the fourth dimension contiguous with space. In other words, we live in a world that is a space-time continuum.

And as Allah is the Creator of time as well as space, He is not limited either by space or time, so He has no beginning in time. Therefore, He does not have a cause.

Also, there is enough evidence that the universe had a beginning. This can be shown from the laws of thermodynamics, the most fundamental laws of the physical sciences.

Now the question is: Is it possible to have a universe with a beginning, but without a cause?

The answer is obviously in the negative for the following reasons:

It is self-evident that things that begin have a cause. Indeed, no science is possible without the law of cause and effect, and the study of history would not make sense if causes do not lead to effects. What is more is that we cannot hold the absurd logical position that the universe created itself, because nothing comes out of nothing!

In short, to the question, "Who created Allah?" we can give this answer: By definition, Allah is the First Cause and the Uncreated Creator of all. For everything to exist or begin to be, a Ground of Being is necessary, and Allah is the Ground of Being. So without Allah, nothing can be, nothing is possible. So the question "Who created Allah?" is nonsensical; it takes us nowhere; it is a meaningless question somewhat like "What is the color of music?"

The second question you quoted is as illogical as the first one: "Can Allah create something He cannot destroy?" Or, it can be put this way: "Can Allah make a rock too big for Him to lift?"

There are many variations to this question, but they all present the same dilemma. If Allah cannot make a rock too big for Him to lift, then it proves that Allah is not all-powerful because there is something He cannot do. If Allah can create a rock that is too big for Him to lift, again it proves that He is not all-powerful because He cannot lift the rock!

Or as you put it, if Allah cannot create something that He cannot destroy, He is not Omnipotent. If He can create something that He cannot destroy, then again He is not Omnipotent!

Indeed, the question here is one of logical impossibility: Can an omnipotent God do anything and everything, including what is logically impossible?

Many religious people may think so; for them this is what omnipotence amounts to. Some Christians may quote the Bible:

With God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)

and they maintain that we should never say, "God cannot do this or that."

There are people who say that God could bring about even logical impossibilities, such as creating a square circle. This alone is enough for us to reject any view that implies an absurdity. For example, can we assume at this moment, at this place that it is both day and night at the same time?

If we say "yes," obviously we are trashing logic and reason. We should be wise enough to accept the reliability of reason and logic here as elsewhere. Proper understanding and communication rest on the principle of non-contradiction — that no statement is both true and false at the same time. What could it mean if we are told that not only can God create logical impossibilities but also cannot create them?

If we do not presuppose the principle of non-contradiction in our discussions, it is difficult to understand what we were saying and what we mean to say. Therefore, accepting the principle of non-contradiction is crucial to any meaningful discussion. Further, it is hard to make sense of a God to whom the principle of non-contradiction does not apply.

The question above represents what we may call a false dilemma. It is based on a false premise, where people assume Allah's omnipotence to mean that Allah can do anything. But as a matter of fact, since Allah is Perfect there are things Allah cannot do because they imply some sort of imperfection. For example, He cannot lie, err, sin, or die because these actions are contrary to His nature. So, Allah will never act in a way that is contrary to who He is.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet...kAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1173694786498

muhsinah

Jazakillahu khayran, saffhanah, for posting such good answers. And Abdul hai, follow the advice in the first answer....seek refuge from shaytan once you start on such a train of thought.

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum

Very nice post sister Saffanah masha'Allah.. Jazaky Allahu Khyran

I'd like to add this funny story when a man went to one of the scholers in Iraq (not sure who he was, propably As Shafe'y or Al Hassan Al Basry), the man went asking: Hey Imam, who's Allah? how is Allah? I can't imagine Him, please describe Him to me. The Imam looked at him, then slowly replied: You come tomorrow and I'll tell you. The man came the next day to meet the Imam and know the answers, but on seeong him, the Imam didn't tell him anything but: Follow me!. Following him, and without exchanging a word, they both went to the riverside of Al-Furat. "Dig here!" The Imam ordered the young man. Unknowing why, he started to dig a shalow hole in the ground just next to the riverside. "That's enough" said the Imam, "now I want you to deliver ALL the water in this river to this hole!". Astonished, the young man replied "But this's impossible Imam, how can I deliver this WHOLE GREAT sea into this NARROW LIMITED hole in the ground?!". The Imam answered: "That's what you were asking for.. you wanted to deliver the GREATNESS and HIGNESS of Allah (subhanhu wata'ala) into your LIMITED and UNABLE mind."
The moral of the story is that Allah created us in that way that's incapable of perceiving him in a sensory way. We'r unable even to perceive the ultraviolet or infrared light with our naked eyes, we can't hear sound frequncies niether less than 20 Hz nor more than 20,000 Hz. Our sense organs are LIMITED. Even prophet Moses
3laihAlsalam.gif
when asked Allah to let him see HIM, you know what happened: {And when Mûsâ (Moses) came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord spoke to him; he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allâh said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Mûsâ (Moses) fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers.} (7:143). We'r just gonna see and talk to Allah (subhanahu wata'ala) in the Judgement Day and in Al Jannah (the paradise) in chaa' Allah, after being reformed and ready for that.
May Allah make us all of those who'll look at HIM and talk to HIM in al ferdaus al 'ala (the highest paradise). ameen

Sorry for taking so long
Wassalamu Alekum Warhamtu Allah

Muhammad

Allahu_Hassbi

As Salamu Alekum

I'd like to add this funny story when a man went to one of the scholers in Iraq (not sure who he was, propably As Shafe'y or Al Hassan Al Basry), the man went asking: Hey Imam, who's Allah? how is Allah? I can't imagine Him, please describe Him to me. The Imam looked at him, then slowly replied: You come tomorrow and I'll tell you. The man came the next day to meet the Imam and know the answers, but on seeong him, the Imam didn't tell him anything but: Follow me!. Following him, and without exchanging a word, they both went to the riverside of Al-Furat. "Dig here!" The Imam ordered the young man. Unknowing why, he started to dig a shalow hole in the ground just next to the riverside. "That's enough" said the Imam, "now I want you to deliver ALL the water in this river to this hole!". Astonished, the young man replied "But this's impossible Imam, how can I deliver this WHOLE GREAT sea into this NARROW LIMITED hole in the ground?!". The Imam answered: "That's what you were asking for.. you wanted to deliver the GREATNESS and HIGNESS of Allah (subhanhu wata'ala) into your LIMITED and UNABLE mind."
The moral of the story is that Allah created us in that way that's incapable of perceiving him in a sensory way. We'r unable even to perceive the ultraviolet or infrared light with our naked eyes, we can't hear sound frequncies niether less than 20 Hz nor more than 20,000 Hz. Our sense organs are LIMITED. Muhammad

SUBHANALLAH...nice post brother :ma:
Also Jazak Allahu Khair Ya Ukhti Saffanah...
Allah Subhanahu Wata3lla himself clarifies His oneness in the Qur`an as He declares that
“Nothing is like Him” (42:11).

Allah is omniscient and all-powerful. All of Allah’s attributes belong to Him exclusively. He is the first and there is no last but His oneness. He is the First without anything before Him. He is the Last without anything after Him. The end is with Him alone, and He is the End. He is All-Existing: with him there is no end. Allah is now as He was before. He is Eternal.
The Arabs in Makkah and later the Jews in Medina inquired from Allah’s Rasul (SAW), who is Allah? Allah revealed in Surah Ikhlas (S: 112) as follows:

In the name Of Allah, The most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Say, Allah is One,
Allah The Everlasting, The Eternal,
He has not given birth and was not born,
And no one is comparable to Him

In another verse, Surah (chapter) 24:35, an image of spiritual discernment of Allah is mentioned,

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth……….. Light upon Light! And Allah guides to His Light whom He will."
These verses confirm the Unitary belief in Allah, which is the mainspring of Islam and the core of The Qur`an.

The Oneness of Allah is a magnificent and a beautiful concept, and Muslims reaffirm their adherence to it many times a day. To acknowledge the fact of the “affirmation-of-Oneness” renew your faith by frequent invocation of “La ilaha illa llah” [there is non worthy of worship accept Allah] will be the means to eradicate Shirk [polytheism].ALLAH is One and Incomparable in His being, He has neither any wife nor progeny, father nor mother. This faith is called Oneness of ALLAH in His Being.

Abu Huraira (R A) reports that the Messenger of Allah (PEACE BE UPON HIM) STATED: " Allah the Mighty declares: Son of Adam has blasphemed Me and this was not proper for him. Son of Adam has abused Me and this was not proper for him. When he blasphemes Me, he says: "ALLAH will never raise me again in the manner in which he first created me"; Although the first creation is not easier than the second. Hid profanity is when he says that Allah has progeny; although I am Alone and Absolute. I neither have any progeny, nor an I begotten and there is none like unto Me."(Sahih Bukhari)

Allahu_Hassbi

Allah: The Concept of God In Islam

Knowing Allah (Subhanahu Wata3lla)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muhammed (SAW), the Messenger of Allah, has said, "One among you who knows Allah best is the one who fears Him most, and I fear Him even more than him." Ibn `Abbas [1] says that a bedouin once came to the Messenger of Allah and said, "O Messenger of Allah! Teach me of the most unusual of knowledge!" He asked him, "What have you done with the peak of knowledge so that you now ask about its most unusual things?!" The man asked him, "O Messenger of Allah! What is this peak of knowledge?!" He said, "It is knowing Allah as He deserves to be known." The bedouin then said, "And how can He be known as He ought to be?" The Messenger of Allah answered, "It is that you know Him as having no model, no peer, no antithesis, and that He is One and only: He is the One Who is Apparent yet Hidden, the First and the Last, having no peer nor a similitude; this is the true knowledge about Him."
Accurately knowing Allah is the pillar whereupon Islam in its entirety hinges. Without such knowledge, any action in Islam does not have any real value whatsoever: it has neither essence nor value. The Question is: "How can we get to know Allah, and what is the venue for attaining such knowledge?" The answer is crucially conditional: If we do not know the right course, we can never reach our destination. Any erroneous approach to knowing Allah is a major contributor to distancing a large number of people from accurately getting to believe in Allah. The Holy Qura'n narrates to us stories about those who disbelieved in Allah in every age and time, depicting for us how they insisted, in order to believe in Him, on hearing or seeing Him, relying on their senses. Following are only a few examples: Allah Almighty has said,

And those who have no knowledge say: Why does not Allah speak to us or a sign come to us? Even thus did those before them say; (they said) the like of what such people say; their hearts are all alike. Indeed, We have made the signs (leading to belief in Him) clear for people who are sure. (2:118)

And those who do not hope for Our meeting say: Why have no angels been sent down upon us, or (why) do we not see our Lord? Certainly they themselves are too proud and have revolted in great revolt. On the day they see the angels, there shall be no joy on that day for the guilty... (25:21-22)

Pharaoh said: O Haman! Build me a tower so that I may attain the means of access, the means of access to the heavens, then (I may be able to) reach the God of Moses, and I surely think he is a liar. And thus was the evil of his deed made fair-seeming to Pharaoh, and he was turned away from the (right) course. (40:36-37)

"Turned away from the (right) course" refers to the course that ends with acquiring a sound and accurate knowledge of the Almighty. Such a goal should be our first and foremost concern. Without properly knowing Allah, how can we properly worship Him? The Messenger of Allah Muhammed has said in a qudsi tradition, "For everything there is a path, and the path to Paradise is knowledge." This is a humble attempt to search for such sound and accurate knowledge, the one that brings us closer to our Lord and leads us to the path of salvation, to happiness both in this life and in the eternal life to come.

How Prophet Muhammed Praised His Lord

Prophet Muhammed (SAW) has said,

All Praise is due to Allah, the One and only God. His being Eternal is compounded by His being Divine. He is Proud in His own right and in His Greatness. He creates whatever He wills and initiates the creation without having to have a model for any of what He creates! Our Lord is the One Who has always been beyond time as such; through His knowledge has He split the seed; through His Might has He created all creation; through the light of the morning has He started the dawn; there is none that can alter what He has created, nor is there any that can change what He has made, nor is there any that can revoke His decree or repeal His command or be exempted from His call! There is no extinction to His domain, nor is there a term for His Divinity. He is the first to create, the One Who is eternal even beyond eternity itself, the One Who has obscured Himself from His creation in the horizon of ambition, in the lofty Exaltation, in the abundant domain, higher than anything that is high. Yet He is close to everything, so He manifests Himself to His creatures even without being seen, while He is the most Sublime! By His Light He veiled Himself and ascended the height, obscuring Himself from His creation. He sent them messengers so that He would have the clear argument against them, and so that His messengers would testify against His creation. He sent prophets to them to bring them glad tidings and to warn them, so that He would guide whomsoever He pleases after providing them with His clear signs and bringing to life whomsoever He pleases with the same, hence the creation will know about their Lord that which they did not know, and they will know Him as their God after having rejected Him. They will believe in His Unity after having persisted in denying it.

Commonly Asked Questions About "Allah" Subhanahu Wata3llah

Let us now try to answer a number of basic questions about the Almighty:

1. How can you describe Him?

Numerous verses of the Holy Qura'n point out to His existence. Consider the argument of His Friend Ibrahim (Abraham, as) who said: "My Lord is the One Who brings life and Who causes death" (Qura'n, 2:258), and the argument of Moses who said, "[He is] your Lord and the Lord of your fathers of old" (Qura'n, 26:26). Also consider these verses:
Our Lord is the One Who gave everything its creation, then He guided it (to its destination). (20:50)The Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He; therefore, take Him for a protector. (73:9)

2. Can you define Him?

The Exalted One says that He defies definition: "... nothing at all is like Him" (Qura'n, 42:11).

3. Can one ask: "What is He?"
Pharaoh asked Moses, "And what is the Lord of the worlds?" (Qura'n, 26:23). Moses answered by saying that He is "Your Lord and the Lord of your fathers of old" (Qura'n, 26:26). There is no way to know Him by defining "what" He is; rather, one can get to know the proofs of His Existence, Might, Knowledge, Wisdom, Mercy and His being the Creator of everything. "Do not think about Allah," said Sayedna`Ali, "rather, think about what Allah has created, for thinking about Allah only increases one's bewilderment."

4. Is He one or more?

The Glorified One has required the Muslims to

Say: He, Allah, is One. (112:1)

And your God is One God! (2:163)

Had there been in them any gods besides Allah, they would both have certainly been in a state of disorder. (21:22)

5. Is He confined to any place?

The Holy Qura'n tells us that: He is the Supreme (watching) over His worshippers. (6:61) They revere their Lord High above them. (16:50) The Beneficent God is firmly established on the throne (of authority). (20:5)

6. When did He begin to exist?
The Praised One has said, He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent, and He has full knowledge of all things. (57:3) Everything is to perish except He. (28:88)

Anyone who asks when His existence came to be implies that there was a time when He did not exist, i.e. that void preceded Him. He is not "preceded" by anyone, nor is He "succeeded" by anyone. His continuation is above being tied to time. His existence is too holy to be dependent on time; such are characteristics of things or persons who come to be then perish, or of those whose being is possible in the future, but they do not apply to Him. Another verse which similarly describes His eternity and perpetuity is this one: "Everyone on earth will perish but will abide (forever) the Face of your Lord, full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour" (Qura'n, 55:26-27), and also this: "Blessed is He in Whose hands is the dominion" (Qura'n, 67:1). "Blessed," that is, tabaraka, is derived from baraka, blessing, which connotes constancy and lack of acceptance to change. His existence is everlasting, eternal, perpetual.

7. Over what does He rule?

The Almighty says, "Say: O Allah! Master of authority! You give authority to whomsoever You please and take it away from whomsoever You please" (Qura'n, 3:26). He, and only He, is the King of kings; He grants others authority: "Blessed is the One in Whose hand is the kingdom" (Qura'n, 67:1). Vanities and possessions owned by others will all disappear on the Day of Judgment: "Whose will be the dominion that Day? It is Allah's, the One, the Subduer (of all)" (Qura'n, 40:16).

8. What is [the extent of] His knowledge?

He has said, [He is] the One Who knows the unseen and the seen. (6:73) And with Him are the keys of the unseen treasures: none knows them except He. (6:59) Slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep. (2:255) And your Lord is not forgetful. (19:64) And you are not (engaged) in any affair, nor do you recite concerning it any portion of the Qura'n, nor do you do anything, except that We are witnesses over you when you enter into it. (10:61)

9. What is His speech?

The Most Glorified and Exalted has said, Were every tree on earth (made into) pens and the sea (to supply it with ink), with seven more seas to add thereto, the words of Allah would not have been exhausted; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise. (31:27) Say: Were the sea (turned into) ink for the (recording of the) words of my Lord, the sea would surely be consumed before the words of my Lord are exhausted though We were to bring the like of that (sea) to add thereto. (18:109)

10. How is He?

The Exalted One says, Allah's is the command before (now) and thereafter. (30:4) The day on which no soul shall control anything for (another) soul, and the command on that Day shall be entirely Allah's. (82:19)

11. Why is He the Praised One?

The Almighty has said that He is "... the Apparent and the Hidden" (Qura'n, 57:3), that is, His Existence, Might and Wisdom are all evident if one observes the indications thereto, yet His reality is obscured from all intellects.

12. What is His will?

The answer to this is provided by verses such as these: And you do not please except if Allah [so] pleases. (76:30) Allah chooses whomsoever He pleases especially for His mercy, and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace. (2:105) Allah grants His authority to whomsoever He pleases, and Allah cares for all, and He knows all things. (2:247) Allah sets on the right path whomsoever He pleases. (2:272) He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. (3:6) If He pleases, He may take you off and make whomsoever He pleases successors after you. (6:133)

13. Why is He the all-Knowing, the Omnipotent?

He has responded to those who raised such a question by saying, He cannot be questioned concerning what He does while they shall be questioned. (21:23) All things are destined in the end to the One Who has facilitated their being what they are, the One Who cannot be explained; therefore, the attempt to analyze Him, His Attributes, and His actions, is simply impossible.

14. Does He have sons, daughters, parents, or any family members or relatives?!

The God of Islam and of all mankind has said, "Say: He, Allah, is One. Allah is He on Whom everyone [and everything] depends. He does not beget, nor is He begotten, and none is like Him" (Qura'n, 112:1-4).

15. Does He forgive?

He has said, "Inform My servants that I am the Forgiving, the Merciful" (Qura'n, 15:49).

16. What about His creation?

He has said, O man! What has beguiled you from your Lord, the Gracious One Who created you then made you complete, then He made you symmetrical? Into whatever form He pleased did He shape you. (82:6-8) Have they not considered that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and was not tired by their creation...? (46:33) This is Allah's creation, so show Me what those besides Him have created. (31:11)

17. Can He be seen?

He, the Most Exalted, the Most High, has told that When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, he said: "Lord! Show (Yourself) to me so that I may look upon You." Allah said: "By no means can you see Me; but look at the mountain; if it abides in its place, then shall you see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory to the mountain, He made it like dust, and Moses fell in a swoon. When he recovered his senses, he said: "Glory to You! To You do I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (Qura'n, 7:143).

18. How does He command?

He has said, His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, and it is. (36:82) When He decrees an affair, He only says to it: Be, and it is. (40:68) His creatures have always wondered about His Attributes, Praise and Glory to Him, so He provided them with the following verses wherein they can find the clear answer: And Allah's are the most Beautiful Names (Attributes), so call upon Him thereby. (7:180) Allah: there is no god but He; His are the very Best Names. (20:8) Say: Call upon Allah or upon al-Raman; whichever you call upon, He has the Great Names...(17:110).

He is Allah, besides Whom there is no other god; the King, the Holy, the One Who grants peace, the One Who gives security, the Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of greatness; Glory to Allah from what they set up (with Him). He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most beautiful Attributes; whatever in the heavens and the earth declares His glory, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (59:21-24)

:wasalam:

A Kashmiri

This is quite simple.

Let us first assume THERE IS NO GOD who made this universe and things in it. Then seeing how things have got a precise balance by which they are existing within universe raises a question why is such a precise balance for e.g between planets, in the solar system, in the earth itself . Has all this evolved ? This is not possible for evolution to create such a perfect balance . Then there must be some immense power/ something which created it and who has power over this huge and unimaginably diverse things within universe and in universe itself. RIGHT.

That is GOD- ALLAH ,who made himself known through Prophets.

Well One cant imagine that all this universe was created it by many GODS with each having different power or sharing powers as then it is impossible to have such a perfect universe and the balance within it.

If i tell you that I saw that a silicon ship made it by itself from the sand without humans intervention, then I am sure you will tell me , I M MAD... as it is impossible to happen.

Masallama

cmelbouzaidi

Masha Allah, beautiful answers from the sisters and brothers. Jazak Allahu Khair, I really benefit from these postings :) I hope it helped the brother with his dilemma Let us seek refuge with Allah from Satan in all our actions, Insha Allah :)

massi

As Salamu Alekum

The moral of the story is that Allah created us in that way that's incapable of perceiving him in a sensory way. We'r unable even to perceive the ultraviolet or infrared light with our naked eyes, we can't hear sound frequncies niether less than 20 Hz nor more than 20,000 Hz. Our sense organs are LIMITED. Even prophet Moses
3laihAlsalam.gif
when asked Allah to let him see HIM, you know what happened: {And when Mûsâ (Moses) came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord spoke to him; he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allâh said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Mûsâ (Moses) fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers.} (7:143). We'r just gonna see and talk to Allah (subhanahu wata'ala) in the Judgement Day and in Al Jannah (the paradise) in chaa' Allah, after being reformed and ready for that.
May Allah make us all of those who'll look at HIM and talk to HIM in al ferdaus al 'ala (the highest paradise). ameen

Sorry for taking so long
Wassalamu Alekum Warhamtu Allah

Muhammad
good story thanks

saffanah

speak good or silent
But here is a piece of advice no body will tell you, do good deeds and go to Jannah and there people can talk to Allah directly there you can ask this question to Allah directly. As Allah is very lovely he will answer you in a beautiful way.

Amin.
Can't wait for that day...

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah very nice explanation Sister Saffanah. May Allah forgive our sinns and protects us from Fitnas and grand us Jannah with his mercy. Ameen.

Allah Hafiz.

Mazhara

Assalamo Alaikum,

Everything is "Shai" or is from Shai including man. Allah is The Only One Who is other than Shai. Therefore there is nothing to quote to examplify Him.

We are the created ones. If we accept it, then we will have to accept that there is a Creator Who created us. We have to accept the existence of a Creator without seeing Him.

We accept the creators of many things, existing somewhere even without seeing them in the ordinary life.