Very Kind and Merciful Prophet to Believers - Prophet Muhammad (sws)

Jsmih

Aslamo Alikum,

Dear All,

Allah (swt) made our beloved Prophet (sws) a very kind and merciful person.

Story of Prophet's Mercy and Kindness for Believers

One day, a Bedouin (ignorant man) came to Prophet (sws) and asked for financial help. Prophet (sws) gave him lot of wealth and then asked him.

Do you feel happy now?

But the Bedouin replied rudely, It's nothing, you gave me too little.

When Companions of Prophet (sws) saw Bedouin’s rude and disrespectful reply, they became very angry and they were about to punish him but Prophet (sws) forbade them.

Then he took Bedouin to his home and gave him even more wealth and then asked him.

Are you happy now?

When Bedouin got some more money, he became happy and said.

Yes, I am happy now. You treated me well. May Allah (swt) reward you and your family.

Prophet (sws) then asked Bedouin.

See, you asked me for help and I helped you but you made my companions sad and angry by your senseless replies, then I gave you more and made you happy. Now when you meet them then show your happiness the same way you are showing to me now, so that my Companions also become happy now.

Bedouin said,

I am sorry for my indecent replies, I will surely show my happiness in front of them.

Then Prophet (sws) took the Bedouin to Companions and Bedouin showed his happiness and prayed for Prophet (sws) and his family. Companions also got happy to see decent and glad behavior of Bedouin.

Then Prophet (sws) said

The example of this Bedouin and Me is like a man whose camel has run away. People try to help the man catch his camel but camel gets frightened of people and starts running away from them. At last, man says to people, you get away from my camel, I know the nature of my camel. How my camel behaves and how should I call him back!

So, man takes some grass and starts calling his camel with his soft sounds which makes the camel relaxed and it gets back to his owner. He grabs its rope and binds it.

In the similar way, when this Bedouin became angry at first, if I let you punish him, he would run away from us even more and eventually go in hell.

Tafseer Ibn Kathir

Conclusion:

1 - While Companions were thinking of punishing the Bedouin for his rudeness, Prophet (sws) was thinking of saving the Bedouin from hell-fire.

2 - Prophet (sws) not only wanted to make Bedouin happy, He (sws) also wanted to make His Companions happy.

Reference:

Allah (swt) says in Quran that Prophet (sws) is very kind and merciful to believers and He (sws) wishes the best for them.

There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you and to the believers is kind and merciful.

لوگو تمہارے پاس تم ہی میں سے ایک پیغمبر آئے ہیں۔ تمہاری تکلیف ان کو گراں معلوم ہوتی ہے اور تمہاری بھلائی کے خواہش مند ہیں اور مومنوں پر نہایت شفقت کرنے والے (اور) مہربان ہیں

Quran 9:128 (Surah Al-Taubah)