very sad poem

UmmTaymiyyah

Asalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakhatuh

The poem you are about to read is from the book,

"Supporting The Rights of The Believing Women

Written By Umm Salamah As-Salafiyyah"

*********************************************************************************

It is said that a woman wrote the following poem from al-Baahah Mountain.It was written because she was forbidden from marriage until she became so old that few were interested in marrying her.She said:

When my fingertips wrote my letter,tears were flowing from my eyes.

I sent it,and it contained that which I could not say:but what my heart and soul desires.

I sent it and tears fell upon its ink and I wrote it from a puzzling situation,

I kept it hidden from the most important one,but it did not prevent me from breaking from this concealment.

When I think of my drowning indeed my gray hair ignites as if my gray hair was luminous.

O you who are not put off due to my old age.

Indeed,years of sadness have already passed.

When I see children,my tears flow,my heart burns from the fire of my deprivation.

When I see another woman living with her husband and her child sleeping in the nursery.

When I see her and her love with her child.

Your hand afflicts my heart with something.

O you who have not been killed by sorrow killed without a bow and arrow?

O you who make the Laws of my Lord like this.

It is a requirement to have a husband and a child?

This is the fair and wise judgement of Allaah?

Indeed my Lord required it of mankind.

If you desire my salary and my profession then take what you like without any sin.

But you who seek to sell your daughter to whoever will pay a large sum,which is a different matter.

This by the Lord of House is a terrible sale.

Like the sale of a sheep and two lambs.

By flaunting your gain do not waste my future or what time is sufficiently wasted.

If you do not stop and do not heed my letter know that Allaah will never forget me.

The Day Of Judgement we will be called to hold account by the one God ,ad-Dayyaan.

And Hell will come with the angels around it and you will see tongues from fire.

There you will know the rights of every daughter that you jailed without right under authority.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
wa 'Alaikum Asalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakhatuh

suban Allah..May Allah blessed our sister in islam / Umm Salamah As-Salafiyyah...4 writen such these wonderful words..and u 4 sharing

May allah Direct All us to the right path..

and May Allah reward All us paradise and All us meet there..

<wasalam>

UmmTaymiyyah

Assalamu alaykum,

Alhamdulillah Ive got the book, and although I havent read it all yet, ive briefly looked through, and looks very beneficial masha'Allah, so would advise the sisters to get it insha Allah, and of course may be beneficial for the brothers too insha Allah.
InshaAllah maybe I can try and post some things from the book, let me know.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Alhamdulillah Ive got the book, and although I havent read it all yet, ive briefly looked through, and looks very beneficial masha'Allah, so would advise the sisters to get it insha Allah, and of course may be beneficial for the brothers too insha Allah.
InshaAllah maybe I can try and post some things from the book, let me know.

:ma: Really i'm waitting..more such this stuff..

gazakum Allah khyran 4 sharing it..

<wasalam>

brighten

seeker of knowledge
:salam2:

A very sad poem indeed.
It's an expression from deep inside her heart.

Jazakallah khair sis for sharing it with us.

abumah

There is no true deity except ALLAH

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Although this is a sad poem it definitely makes a valid point. It is good to see the books of this blessed call of following the righteous predecessors being quoted and praised may ALLAH give this upright website success. ameen!