Very very important and urgent question

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
:salam2:

I think we have more than enough evidence to show that it's ok to stand for a guest, it's good manners and presents a nice and polite image. Hopefully brother or sister you can go to your teacher and tell them that you misunderstood a concept of Islam regarding standing for guests or for someone out of politeness to greet them. :inshallah: you'll become the best of friends :D with your teacher ofcourse...and i might be going overboard here but imagine he comes into Islam after seeing how serious you were about Religion. Your intention was ok brother you didnt want to go against the teachings of Islam and for that may Allah SWT give you jannatul firdauws :inshallah:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
The right way isn't to avoid this Hadits and not by Tarjih (choosing which opinion is more directing people to Taqwa and the truth), but by combining it.
When Rasulullah said that, as Imam Nawawi Rahimahullah, he was saying that because Sa'ad bin Mua'dz radhiyallahu 'Anhu was the leader of Bani Quraizhah.
And he was riding the camel's hump, and Rasulullah said that to the Shahaba's people as to HELP him get down from his camel's hump.

I'm not sure where you got that explanation from brother? Can you provide me with a link or a scholarly opinion which intreperts the incident as you do by saying the command RasulAllah (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon Him), gave was to help Saud Ibn Muad to get down from his camel?
I've heard read about the incidents and heard about it from Sheikhs, and I've not come across the same explanation. Usually the Sheikhs explain this because RasulAllah (May Alla's peace and blessings be upon Him) called "Saud Ibn Muad "cheif".

I suppose one can take either approach is a difference of opinion [Imam Nawaii or the fatwa posted], does not mean Imam Nawaii is wrong nor is the Fatwa.

:wasalam:

nizar83

aselemu aleikum

not allowed to stand up? im afraid this makes no sense...a muslim is respectfull to people..especially the ones that are leaders and teachers

why are we trying to see everything through halal / haram glasses?

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
brother the reason why we look through hala harram glasses is because Islam is our way of Life it is comprehensive which means even with the issue of standing up for someone out of respect we turn to the Qur'an and Sunnah it's not wrong to look back at the 2 great sources no matter how simple a matter may seem. The brothers just abit concerned thats all

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
aselemu aleikum

not allowed to stand up? im afraid this makes no sense...a muslim is respectfull to people..especially the ones that are leaders and teachers

why are we trying to see everything through halal / haram glasses?
Brother Abdul Musair, hopefully you can come up with a source for the comment you made. I'm just curious to know since I've never understood it like that or heard of it. The way I see it is, sometiems RasulAllah SAW made exception to the general rule depending on circumstances
(example like cutting down the trees of Banu Quraizah, when the general rule was not to destroy tree during warfare or sanctified areas of Mecca and Medinah). The way I understood incident is that it was a ceremonial thing as Saud Ibn Muad was about to deliver a verdict, and amongst the Sahaba's he also had a high status, furthermore he was the leader of his tribe.
RasulAllah SAW was thus praising Saud Ibn Muad on that particular occasion, that is not to say He would have the Sahabas (May Allah be pleased with them) stand up for Saud everytime (we don't know of such incidents).

You shouldn't say that Imam Nawaii is wrong, for you if the opinion of the fatwa is stronger then follow it, however you shouldn't say Imam Nawaii is not correct. For someone else Imam Nawaii's opinion may be stronger, and thus we should show respect for both opinion.

Not true,

You can take either interpretation according to what you believe is the stronger opinion. You can stand up as sign of respect, but such respect has no veneration or adoration attached to it, something akin to what we would display toward Allah only. That is the understanding I get from the opinion of Imam Nawaii

I apologize if I had offended you.

:wasalam: