Victory impossible in Afghanistan: senior British commander

Abel213

Victory impossible in Afghanistan: senior British commander

Western forces in Afghanistan will never be able to win the war against insurgents and may need to include the Taliban in any long-term solution, Britain's senior commander in the country says in a report.

An absolute military victory in Afghanistan is impossible, Brig.-Gen. Mark Carleton-Smith told England's Sunday Times newspaper...

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/10/04/afghan-war.html

[/url]

U.S. strategy in Afghanistan will fail, leaked cable says

A coded French diplomatic cable leaked to a French newspaper quotes the British ambassador in Afghanistan as predicting that the NATO-led military campaign against the Taliban will fail. Not only that, but the best solution for the country will be the installation of an "acceptable dictator," the British envoy reportedly added.

"The current situation is bad, the security situation is getting worse, so is corruption, and the government has lost all trust," Sherard Cowper-Coles, the British envoy is quoted by Jean-François Fitou, the deputy French ambassador to Kabul and the author of the cable, as saying...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/03/mideast/afghan.php

[/url]

:salam2:

May Allah grant peace to Afghanistan and rid it of the khareji, amin! :salah:

autumn

Strength in Unity
yay!!!!!!!!!!! they never will. God protect Afghanistan, land of islam. AMEEN :)
but who is khareji? the one that the missions failed??

Abel213

:salam2:

khareji- "foreigner" in farsi,

after we kick out the khareji, farsizabans and pashtozabans have to learn each others language, looool

autumn

Strength in Unity
lol, yup they shud and pashto is a beatiful language and so are all the afghan language..also in pashto it means foreign.

autumn

Strength in Unity
one more.....the afghans farsi and iran language hav differences and sometimes its hard to understand the iran language even if able to speak farsi.....im adding something uncessary...i knw

Abel213

one more.....the afghans farsi and iran language hav differences and sometimes its hard to understand the iran language even if able to speak farsi.....im adding something uncessary...i knw

is not unecessary, personally i think irani farsi is sorta feminine and they like to say "kheyli mamnoun" all the time. i have a friend from shiraz and sometimes i think he speaks a different language..tajik ppl make sense tho

autumn

Strength in Unity
is not unecessary, personally i think irani farsi is sorta feminine and they like to say "kheyli mamnoun" all the time. i have a friend from shiraz and sometimes i think he speaks a different language..tajik ppl make sense tho

oh maybe thats y, kheyli mamnoun makes it sound different (if they always say that, lol)... wat does that mean ?

Abel213

oh maybe thats y, kheyli mamnoun makes it sound different (if they always say that, lol)... wat does that mean ?

it means 'im doing good' when someone asks 'cheturi?'. other stuff i think its important when irani ppl talk they are using 'h' much more. so when you hear like 'as koja shoma amade?'(where you come from?) they say like 'hhhhas khojehhhee shoma hhhamedan'?

autumn

Strength in Unity
it means 'im doing good' when someone asks 'cheturi?'. other stuff i think its important when irani ppl talk they are using 'h' much more. so when you hear like 'as koja shoma amade?'(where you come from?) they say like 'hhhhas khojehhhee shoma hhhamedan'?

......i know a few things in farsi.. its never too late to learn pashto..even.. sry flooding wit questions