Virus in my PC!! HELP!! =(

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:salam2:
I dont know how but there is a LOT of virus in my PC. I wanted to ask advise. Should i reinstall my windows?? Or clean up the virus with some anti virus programme? Can anyone PLZ post a link to a GOOD antivirus programme which i can install FREE from internet?? Plz reply back SOON! Cuz my PC looks like it's gona crash down soon! :(
Jazakallah!

Stressed sis,
fatima

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
P.S: I dont really want to reinstall windows cuz there is a lot of important stuff stored in the PC....So plz any link to free anti virus programme from internet???

phy_sabet

who strive hard
alslamu Alikum

I think that any free anti virus will detect the infect but u can`t remove it

unless u purchase it so no way to use cracked version but is that Halal(legal)

or Haram (i can`t make a decision) so it`s recommended to re setup ur

windows version again and or take ur infected hard to ur friend who have

a strong updated anti virus then u can clean it then use it safely

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
alslamu Alikum

I think that any free anti virus will detect the infect but u can`t remove it

unless u purchase it so no way to use cracked version but is that Halal(legal)

or Haram (i can`t make a decision) so it`s recommended to re setup ur

windows version again and or take ur infected hard to ur friend who have

a strong updated anti virus then u can clean it then use it safely

Salam bro....jazakallah. Yeah i did install many free anti virus programmes and ur rite...they only detect the virus...Well i guess i'll just have to reinstall!!

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum - I hope I am not too late, re-installing windows - by that I hope you mean reformatting..

PLUS a free anti-virus which I think removes viruses also

http://free.avg.com/

InshaAllah this helps you!

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
P.S: I dont really want to reinstall windows cuz there is a lot of important stuff stored in the PC....So plz any link to free anti virus programme from internet???

Well sister the stuff that you have stored is usually kept in hard drives other than C(In the C drive the windows is installed ).So even if you reinstall the windows only the C drive will be formatted the others will remain unaffected.But make sure that the stuff you have hasnt got infected otherwise you will have the same problem even after formatting the C drive.

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

Here is a site that offers a lot of different free programs : http://www.filehippo.com/
I use AVG make sure that you only install one If you put more than one antivirus or more than one antispyware this can also mess up your computer If you try one and decide you want to try another make sure you completly remove the first one before installing a second. The best way to catch a tricky virus is to remove the computer from the internet and then run the antivirus over and over again until it catchs the virus. Without the connection to the internet it cannot hide as well from you because it is stuck in the computer and eventually you will catch it .

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
there are many good ones.

avira
avg
nod32
avast.

just google eg. avira download and u'll get the results.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
one more thing........

create a "back up" of ur important files and then format ur pc...

if u need help in back-up files job, just google it or u can go for PC technician help too.

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
JAZAKALLAH ALL MY BRO'S AND SIS'S!! U helped a lot trust me :D In the end i just reinstalled the windows...and i took ur advise to save important files in C drive...so no harm done :D
Thanks again! May Allah Bless you!!AMEEEEEEEEEN!!

ur sis,
fatima♥
:wasalam::tti_sister:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Great that the problem is fixed, sister!

Now to protect your PC from further harm, download and install AVG Free. (Just google it). It updates automatically, so will keep your PC protected and up to date. There's also something called CCleaner and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, which you can use from time to time to debug your system and make sure its running okay.

I try and use precaution rather than cure, so just stay away from any dodgy websites or dodgy CDs or Flash drives. There's also one thing called "Panda USB Vaccine." Go to www.download.com and get it from there. If you have USB drives plug them in and then just click the button "Vaccine." This will protect your computer from getting viruses from a USB's autorun feature, which is one of the quickest way to spread infection.

Muslim_89

sister that happened to me a few weeks ago but my friend suggested that I use the NOD 32 Antivirus it really works..there's a 30-days free use then you can purchase it if you like it..it's a swedish Antivirus so you may have a difficulty in understanding how it works.. here's the website:

http://www.nod32.se/

you click on Prova NOD32 gratis i 30 dagar :D

Its a really good antivirus..inshAllah it will work for you..

wa alejkum salaam