Want to know about witr salat

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
Assalamualaykum, i want to know, that can we also make dua in witr salat like the imam of holy mosque make in the month of ramdan please reply with the proof from Quran and hadis.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum assalam.

I just kind of wanted to point out that this is not really in the right section.

Anyway... This is what islam-qa.com said:

It is not obligatory for the du’aa’ of Qunoot to be in the words narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); rather it is permissible for the worshipper to say other words or to add to them. Even if he were to recite verses from the Qur’aan that include words of supplication, that would be sufficient. Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Note that there is no specific du’aa’ for Qunoot according to the preferred point of view. Any du’aa’ that is said will serve as Qunoot, even if one recites a verse or verses from the Qur’aan that include words of supplication, this will count as Qunoot, but it is better to recite the words that were narrated in the Sunnah.

Al-Adhkaar al-Nawawiyyah, p. 50

Here's the link..

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=9061&ln=eng&txt=witr

islamoholic

salamu alykom..
yes sister you can say dua in salat il witr..but from hadith and soorat,,i dont have the exact aya but im sure you can..
jazak allah khair