Was Abu talib a muslim?

ibn khalid

Browsing the net, i found an article saying that if Abu talib was not a muslim, the prophets (PBUH) marriage to Khadijah (PBUH) would not be valid as he did the nikah ceremony. Other sources claim that he was a muslim, just not admitting in public as he feared the quraysh. So was he mulim or not!!!???

aelshamy

:salam2:

Abou Talib was not Muslim. Saying that the prophets :saw: marriage to Khadijah رضى الله عنها would not be valid is very strange because this marrige took place before the revelation. Besides, marrige in Islam is a contract between the husband and the wife. And there is no religious authority for the man who does the nikah ceremony,also his attendance is not a condition for the validity of the marriage. marrige in Islam is mainly Igab and Qaboul ( one party is to offer nikah and the other is to accept) besides other two conditions: one is publicity and the other is that the virgin assigns a Wakil like her father to make the nikah contract with the husband.

aelshamy

I said that in Islam there is no religious authority for the man who does the nikah ceremony, because I saw a western widding in TV and the priest said - as I remmeber - :"According to the authority which I have, I announce you husband and wife".
This is not in Islam, no religious authority for any one.

sami2000

aslam alikum warahmato allah wabarakato
Narated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : I heard Allah's Apostles when his uncle, Abu Talib had been mentioned in his presence, saying, "May be my intercession will help him (Abu Talib) on the Day of Resurrection so that he may be put in a shallow place in the Fire, with fire reaching his ankles and causing his brain to boil." (Sahih Bukhari Kitabur Riqaq)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

since i was not born into a muslim family, i always see the story of ABU TALIB not embracing islam as tragic. i think all revert muslims have hundereds of ABU TALIBS in their family. it's hard to know that everyone that you know and love will not be entering jannah because of their disbelief and disobedience. i have given dawah and tried to live a good example for then to follow, but they appear to be stuck in their ways. it's sad because my family are all very good people and don't do many haram things. but if they're not going to say LA ILAHA ILA LAA, none of their good deeds will be of any profit to them. all i can say right now is that insha'allah they embrace islam, but it's just scary to know that if they remain on the same path of disbelief they will be losers in this life and the next. may ALLAH SWT protect us and our loved ones from that. ameen
:wasalam:

abuayesha

Nor can a bearer of burdens bear another burdens. If one heavily laden should call another to (bear) his load, not the least portion of it can be carried (by the other). Even though he be nearly related. Thou canst but admonish such as fear their Lord unseen and establish regular prayer. And whoever purifies himself does so for the benefit of his own soul; and the destination (of all) is to God (Al-Qur'an 35:18)

This is a people that have passed away; they shall have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and you shall not be called upon to answer for what they did. (Al-Quran 2:134)

This is what apply to everyone. It is clear that Abu thaalib did not accept Islam according to Hadith.

By this what Allaah indicated us is to adhere to His commands and to follow His Prophet's sallallaahu alaihi wasallam path.

Accepting Him as the Lord of the worlds is completely the wish of individual decision. He does not lose or gain anything even if all the mankind reject Him or accept Him. The losers are the ones who rejected Him; the victorious are the one who accepted Him.

Therefore, I believe we as Muslims should not debate things like this. Because, it is Allaah's wish. He is the one decide who should go to Heaven and who should go to Hell.

Dear Brothers and sisters.
Iththakullaah. Fear Allaah.
May Allaah forgive all of us our sins and bless us and show the right path.

Wassalaam

daywalker

Browsing the net, i found an article saying that if Abu talib was not a muslim, the prophets (PBUH) marriage to Khadijah (PBUH) would not be valid as he did the nikah ceremony. Other sources claim that he was a muslim, just not admitting in public as he feared the quraysh. So was he mulim or not!!!???

Assalamualaikum

what a nonsense

At the time when prophet mohammad(sw) married khadijah, the rules of islamic way how to marry, wasn´t present. so who cares who did the nikah ceremony!!!