A Crazy sequence

Essalam 3alaykoum;
those are the first terms of my sequence:
the next one???????
my enigma consists to find the next term

:SMILY335:

rightpath_357

okay- i have one

There are ten students in a class. One is in for detention. The teacher says: RECESS TIME!"

How many students are left?

:D

dimouf

i'm sorry ..you have to respect some rules ;)

okay- i have one

There are ten students in a class. One is in for detention. The teacher says: RECESS TIME!"

How many students are left?

:D

Rules:
1. Questions must be related to basic math, simple logic or problem solving.
2. Only one problem may be posted at a time.
3. anyone can answer any number of times.
4. the questioner will then post the correct answer and its explanation!!!
5. the person who first posted the correct answer will be allowed to post the next question.
6. No google!

dimouf

the correct answer

the first term of my sequence is
ie: we have in the first term One 1
if we replace One by 1 we obtain the second term 11
with the same way,11= two 1,we replace Two by its figure 2 then we obtain th 3th term ..etc
the next one???????
312211=One 3 One 1 Two 2 Two one ; which becomes

:SMILY335::SMILY335:13112221 :SMILY335::SMILY335:

arzafar

ok well let's have some proper questions.

A monkey is at the bottom of a 30ft well. Each day he jumps up 3 ft and slips back 2ft. At that rate, when will the monkey reach the top of the well?

jahid89

ok well let's have some proper questions.

A monkey is at the bottom of a 30ft well. Each day he jumps up 3 ft and slips back 2ft. At that rate, when will the monkey reach the top of the well?

after 30 days ... i think :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused

arzafar

A customer hands a cigar clerk a 5-dollar bill for two dollars' worth of cigars. The latter has no change, but gets some next door from a drug clerk, who gives him five 1-dollar bills for the 5-dollar bill. The customer leaves with the cigars and three dollars change. An hour later, the drug clerk rushes in, saying the 5-dollar bill was counterfeit. The cigar clerk gives him a good 5-dollar bill. How much did the cigar clerk lose in money and cigar?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Perfect timing... Anyone here done/do statistics, discrete maths or probability? I was going over some stuff and this [taken from a Shcaum's Outline title on Discrete Maths] baffled me:

Code:
⎛6⎞⎛1⎞²⎛1⎞⁴    15
⎜ ⎟⎜-⎟ ⎜-⎟  =  --   ≈ 0.23
⎝2⎠⎝2⎠ ⎝2⎠     64

Where did the 15 come from? I apologise if the encoding looks bad, it seems perfectly fine on my mac.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Ok, I finally worked it out. Completely forgot that the first figures in brackets were combinations (a binomial coefficient). So,

Code:
6! / 2! x (6!-2!) = [B]15[/B]