wearing skullls and bones

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
is it al right for muslims to wear skulls and bones things? like, things that may appear Gothic? like skulls and bones and things of that nature?:confused:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

For a minute there sis,I thought you were talking about skull caps and bones that sisters wear underneath there scarfs. (LOL)

Inshallah I am not to sure about wearing bones and skulls,but personally I think you not allowed.

:wasalam:

shabnum

:salam2:

lol :redface: hehe did i just hear skulls and bones erm... i doent think so you are allowed :eek:

wasalaam.:shymuslima1:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Cool question...Before the answer can be given it may be reasonable to ask for the reasons of wearing it?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

Nope. Its not.

The Prophet:saw: said>

"Whoever resembles a people is one of them." (Recorded by Abu Dawud)

This is to do with something Khaas (specific) that the disbelievers do. So if you emulate some action that the disbelievers are known to do, then it is a great sin.

We are Muslims, not Goths, not Punks, not gangsters and we are certainly not pirates. We do not need something that is related to these people.

We do not need to copy anyone. We are Muslims, we follow Allah's book. We got to stand strong on our Tawheed and not let anyone dictate their stupid fashion on us.

Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allâh (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Qur'ân), then you would have against Allâh neither any Walî (protector or guardian) nor any helper. (Surah Baqarah / 2:120)

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I think it's the intention that matters. I'm NOT issuing a Fatwa; let me get that out of the way before I continue.

Allah says that the intention is what matters, correct? So if you intend to look like Goths or Emos, then I would say that you shouldn't wear it.

HOWEVER, if you think that it looks stylish, then I would say that you can wear it.

This is to do with something Khaas (specific) that the disbelievers do. So if you emulate some action that the disbelievers are known to do, then it is a great sin.

A question about that (not trying to debate, but this is a sincere question): Wouldn't that also mean that we can't eat or drink, since non-Muslims do that?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I think it's the intention that matters. I'm NOT issuing a Fatwa; let me get that out of the way before I continue.

Allah says that the intention is what matters, correct? So if you intend to look like Goths or Emos, then I would say that you shouldn't wear it.

HOWEVER, if you think that it looks stylish, then I would say that you can wear it.

A question about that (not trying to debate, but this is a sincere question): Wouldn't that also mean that we can't eat or drink, since non-Muslims do that?

Assalamu Alaykum,

You should read carefully. Khaas Something that only non-Muslims are known to do. This is in terms of dress and behaviour etc.

So nobody should come with a comeback talking about technology or things like that.

Also, I do not know why you are giving your own opinion from top of your head. We are dealing with the Quran and Sunnah, not our own ideas. This is how answers about these Islamic issues must always be presented.

Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) saw a boy with his head shaved, leaving two braids or long locks, and he said, “Shave these or cut them, for this is the style of the Jews.” Al-Marwadhi said, “I asked Abu ‘Abd-Allaah (i.e., Ahmad ibn Hanbal) about shaving the back of the head, and he said, “That is what the Magians do, and whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Hadith Sunan Abi Dawood)

So things which are specific to the non-Muslims, their style, fashion are haram for a Muslim to copy. So in those cases mentioned in the hadith the Muslims did not do those fashions. The non-Muslims did those fashions.

Wasalam

Kayote

Guys,

I serious need support in bringing turbans back in fashion.

Forget these Goth, punk & gangsters styles. WE NEED TURBANS. AND its Islamically acceptable as well.:angryblue:

WHOSE WITH ME!?!?!?
:p