Weeping is a Mercy from Allah (SWT)

Muslimah_19

As-salaam 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatu

Beware of the Hardness of the heart: For it can lead you to the Fire. So protect your heart from becoming hard and all that which may cause it to harden, and beware of turning away from the admonition of Allah (SWT) the Most High.

Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah's Reminders (this Qur'aan) and that which has been revealed of the truth, lest they become as those who received the Scripture before, and the term was prolonged for them and so their hearts were hardened? And many of them were rebellious, disobedient (faasiqoon) Surat al-Hadeed (57):16.

.....Lest they become as those who recieved the Scripture before, and the term was prolonged for them and so ther hearts were hardened? and many of them were rebellious, disobedient (faasiqoon).

Ibn Abbaas (RA) said in an explanation of this verse: they became inclined to this world and turned away from the admonition of Allah (Al-Baghawee has mentioned in his tafseer)

Weeping is a Mercy which Allah puts in the Hearts of His Servants
on the authority of Usaamah ibn Zayd (RA) who said: we were with the Prophet (saw) when one of his daughters sent a message calling for him, informing him that a small child or her son was dying. So the Prophet (saw) told the messenger: "return to her and inform her, that watever Allah takes and gives belongs to Him and that everything has an appionted term, so let her be patient and anticipate Allah's reward in the Hereafter". Later the messenger returned to the Prophet (saw) and said: "Verily she has sworn by Allah that you come to her,". So the Prophet (saw) got up and so too did Sa'ad inb Ubaadah and Mu'aadh ibn Jabal, and I too went with them. The small boy was lifted up to the Prophet (saw), and let out a groaning noise, as if he was breathing his last breath. Thereby the Prophet's (saw) eyes overflowed with tears. Upon this Sa'ad asked: "What is this, O Messenger of Allah?" He (saw) replied: "This is a mercy, which Allah puts in the hearts of His servants. And verily Allah shows mercy to those of His servants who are merciful". (Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

The Weeping of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)
On the authority of Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (RA) who said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) told me: "Recite to me!" so i recited Surat an -Nisaa', until i reached:
How will it be then, when We bring from each nation a witness, and We bring you (O prophet Muhammed) as a witness against these people? (Surat an-Nisa' (4):41)
Then i looked towards him and behold! i saw that his eyes were overflowing with tears. (Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

An explanation of this Noble verse has been mentioned in a Hadeeth related by Aboo Sa'eed (Ra) who said: "a Prophet will come and with him will be 2 men, and another Prophet will come and with him will be 3 men, and more and less than that. It will be said to him: "Did you convey (the message) to your nation?" he will reply: "yes" then his nation will be called, and it will be said to them: "Was the message conveyed to you?" and they will reply: "No" So it will be said (to the Prophet) "Who will testify for you?" He will reply: "Muhammed (saw) and his nation". So the nation of Mohamed(saw) will be called and it will be said to them: Were you informed of this?" and they will reply: "Yes" So it will be asked: "How did you come to know about that?" and they will reply: " Our Prophet (saw) informed us that the messengers (before him) had conveyed the message, and we belived him". (Ibn Maajah) He (Aboo Sa'eed) said: "So that is what Allah (the Most High) means when He says in the Qur'aan:
......and thus We have made you (Muslims-real-belivers) a just nation that you be witnesses over mankind, and the Messenger (Prophet Mohamed) be a witness over you......(Surat al-Baqarah (2):143)