What are differences between catholic and coptic christian?

zedbj

:salam2:
Dear all, I already asked in one of the discussion thread, but somehow later I could not locate it. I am asking again hopefully knowledgeable brothers / sisters could give the answer. So, in what way the coptic christians and catholic christian differs?

Thanks
:salah:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In my understanding the Coptic Church has its roots from the apostles of Jesus. The disciples who preceded Paul. It is the oldest branch of Christanity with the founding fathers being Peter etc.
The Roman Catholic Church is the offshoot of the teachings of Paul. It was the western expansion of Christianity. It stemmed from the Holy Lands to the islands to Rome. It grew and expanded into what is now the Roman Catholic Church. Most of the New Testament is based on the teachings of Paul. The Gospels are the exceptions.
The rituals in churches are very different. The core is they both believe in the divinity of Jesus.

Salem9022

I answered your question on the other thread akhi, Coptic christians are Orthodox Christians just like Greece, Eastern Europe, and Russia, they also have their Own Pope, their own Bible, their own calender, their own belief in Jesus, and their Christmas days are also different. The catholics follow the Vatican In Rome. They are both christian sects