What did you give up for Allah (swt)

Zayna85908

I believe that your past life is forgotten when u convert to islam so why do people keep saying what they did before, it's not to talk about the sins they used to do

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

One should not mention what kind of sins he/she has or had..

The Prophet Salla Allahu Alahi Wasallam said:
Everyone of my nation is excused except from those that announce themselves. Announcing oneself includes when a person does an actions at night, then wakes up in the morning, after God had covered him, saying “Hey so and so, last night I did such and such”. He had spent the night under the cover of God, yet he awakes the next morning to remove the cover that God had given him.

This hadith was narrated by al-Bukhari in the Sahih, as well as Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, and there are other narrations with the same of similar wording found in al-Tabarani from Abu Qatadah.

His statement “Everyone of my nation is excused except from those that announce themselves” when analyzed in the original Arabic, relates an added meaning to the translation. This meaning is “Every member of my nation is excused from their sins, except those that announce them, for they will not be excuse from them…” this is, in summary, what ibn Hajar says about the meaning of this hadith.

Al-Nawawi said about this hadith:
“The people referred to in this hadith are those that even though they did not openly commit sins, they then proceed to announce to others the things that they’ve done for no reason or necessity.”

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:
I feel ashamed. When I first began my whole spiritual journey, I gave up everything -TV, music, designer clothes, gossiping... Now, years later, I feel I am back to square 1. Inshallah I will change. Whos next?

Almeftah

I believe that your past life is forgotten when u convert to islam so why do people keep saying what they did before, it's not to talk about the sins they used to do

Bless you sister..:)

Remembering the past may effect the heart and feelings and make it much harder to quit from our sins.. leave ur past behind and move on.

Why remember the bad things when Allah gave us much more good things..:)

aisha.x.20

maybe people need to let it out to make themselves feel better?

i know i do. not to boast or brag about things ive done but after telling someone and asking for guidance i know it makes me feel better when im told that ill inshallah be forgiven. otherwise i feel like im stuck in the dark!

but i get ur idea. some people do go to extremes with their life story. you know just say youve had a bad past and you want help.theirs guidance there too. no need to say my husband did this. my parents did that.

isnt that backbiting also? and allah says that if you cover someones mistake he inshallah will cover yours on the day of judgement.so keep it on the low next time please guys!

lol :astag: i aint perfect. i did that myself but im checking myself now.i didnt realize that telling my lifestory aint no1s business all i need to say is i need help so pray 4 me.............so if u read anyfin of mine and think well look whos talkin youve just displayed urs lol im sorry please forgive me!!!!! i wasnt any wiser.

allah bless you all and guide us to the truth inshallah.ameen

:wasalam:

aj5047

I remember i've heard a scholar saying: Don't look at the things you do, but look at whom you did it. Always remember His Greatness and you will realize that you have never done anything good in return for the great blessings He's given you. :astag:
Alhamdulilah that Allah (subhanah) is all-merciful, and he will accept the small things we do when they're not good enough. :SMILY149:
May Allah forgive us all and grant us His mercy.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams all, When I look back on my life, I don't see that I have "given up anything" I feel honoured to have been given such a gift for my Lord , the gift of Islam. We are shown the best way to lead a pure life to obtain the greates sucess which is Jannah inshallah,
Alhamdulialh we are so lucky to be muslims.