What do I do if I prayed Salat in the bathroom?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
A few months ago I used to pray salat in a stench-free bathroom (though the floor was dirty from wet dirt/lint (but no mud)). It was because I was very afraid (as I was a brand new, fresh out of the oven Muslim) of my family. A little later, I knew it was Haraam but still did it because I was too afraid and it nearly impossible for me to pray (though sometimes, it was because I was extremely paranoid of my family walking in on my salat as my house is very small).

Are these salats valid? JazakAllahu Khair.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Does your family know your muslim? Well, I guess it might not have been bad if you atleast put a cloth on the floor when you did Salat. And you shouldn't pray near the toilet if your bathroom was so small.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that it is haraam to pray in certain places, including bathrooms. It is not permissible to pray in them. It was narrated in a saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he said: “All the earth is a mosque except for graveyards and bathrooms.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Salaah, 291; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 262). “Bathroom” refers to every place that is used for the purpose of relieving oneself; it is not permissible to pray in any such place. And Allaah knows best.

What indicates that prayer in any place that is clean (taahir) is valid is the hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The earth has been made a place of prayer and a means of purification for me, so wherever a man is when the time for prayer comes, let him pray.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tayammum, 323). So prayer is valid in parks and parking lots, on condition that the place in which one prays is taahir (pure, clean).

Your adherence to the truth and your establishing prayer and not feeling shy to worship openly may be the means of guiding some of the non-Muslims who see you to Islam, in which case you will have a reward equal to theirs in sha Allaah.

Ask Allah SWT for His forgiveness.

May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

ibnunas

:wasalam: :salam2: Islam does not meant to makes things difficult to its followers. In the cases of darurah, when by all means nothing else can be done the only solution will be forgiven by Allah:inshallah:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Inshallah Allah(Swt) will forgive you as you didn`t know,but once you found out you shouldn`t have carried on.(Inshallah repent to Allah(Swt).)

Why don`t you go to the mosque? or Friends house?

:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam
Thank you for your posts.

Why don`t you go to the mosque? or Friends house?

Nobody lives near me (plus, all my friends are non-Muslim). I got into a heated argument with my mother and brother a few months back because I wanted to go to the Mosque. My mother said that on my birthday, I'll be able to go to the Mosque. Turns out it was a lie :(

Abdul Hasib said:
Does your family know your muslim?

My father knows nothing about it, my mother is in denial aoout it (she wants to still believe I'm Christian), and my brother makes fun of me because of it.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Walaykum Salaam
Thank you for your posts.

Nobody lives near me (plus, all my friends are non-Muslim). I got into a heated argument with my mother and brother a few months back because I wanted to go to the Mosque. My mother said that on my birthday, I'll be able to go to the Mosque. Turns out it was a lie :(

My father knows nothing about it, my mother is in denial aoout it (she wants to still believe I'm Christian), and my brother makes fun of me because of it.

:salam2: brother,

I am sure one of your friends won`t mind if you pray in there house.Can`t you just go to the mosque,how would your parents find out?

Allah(Swt) knows best.

amyaishazouaoui

I hope inshallah ur parents chill out about the whole islam thing, sometimes it takes time.
My mom always used to call me when i was praying and when i didnt answer shed run upstairs to find me. she now knows that when i dnt answer its coz im busy, they just get used to it and for some it takes longer than others!!!

I have to say :ma: for being so steadfast and wantin to pray, its really nice to see!!!!!!
Whn u start to know people in the community it may get easier for u. I know lots of reverts across the uk so if i can direct u, i woud b glad to help

Praise2Allah

Insha Allah Allah will accept them sincde you had no other choice or place to pray in, insha Allah He will, pray to Him that He will.. and make tawba (repenting). Btw brother masha Allah you are very lucky you know? Because you get more ajir the more you struggle like you are with people who opress you make fun of your religion etc so this is good since you are doing this for the sake of Allah masha Allah you are very lucky!! If u ever feel weak, read the stories of the first Muslims and the sahaba and how they stayed so detirmened and strengthened there faith the more they were persecuted by the Quraish (pagan tribe at the time) in Mecca.

Praise2Allah

Keep in mind thatthe prophet peace be upon him had entrails of animals thrown at him while praying, people trying to strangle him, subjected to boycott, and assassination attempts. He even once fainted because he was stranglled so bad that he couldnt breath. He also was starved for four years where no one was allowed to sell or give him food and almost all he had to eat were leaves.

Mirage Hanim

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Alhamdulillah I came across this topic. I am a convert to Islam and it's my second year as a muslim. Till now i've been praying in the bathroom most of the time too ;( I thought that it might be wrong but was shy to ask anybody... neither i ever saw information telling it's forbidden.
I’ve been struggling with my family much. First I prayed in my room but the stress when they walked in was too much, each time they looked at me with scorn and maybe it’s my fault that i was not strong enough to carry on praying openly. I could not bare that humiliation, constant remarks and mockery, Islam and acts of worship are dear to me, but for them they were acts of fanatizm and my stupidity. At times i was rebellious and thought that if I am strong about practicing, they will respect me because of my determination, but it ended up in some terrible scandals- they threw away my books, my prayer rag and told me “I forbid you to pray in my house”. So i was hiding and praying secretly, even the bathroom was clean. Now i know it’s haram i’ll have to find some other way to hide.. and at times when impossible to hide i’ll have to skip the prayers. I always felt very bad about praying in the bathroom because it’s not a proper place to worship Allah تعلى who deserves utmost respect. I used to think: what’s use of praying if my prayers are not accepted, but carried on praying thinking that praying in the bathroom is better than not praying at all, and Allah تعلى knows what’s in our hearts, knows our intentions.

InshAllah I’m moving from this house in about a month and will be able to praying the proper way. I hope Allah forgives me.
Wa alikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam
Mirage Hanim: May Allah (SWT) forgive and have mercy on you! May He (SWT) reward you, for you are going through more trouble than I am.

user expired!

:salam2: does ur bathroom have a toilet in it?

cause if it doesnt, it doesnt count as a toilet as far as i understand and ask a Shiekh before u pray in the bathroom!

but be brave and tell them ur faith and pray infront of them!!!
i know people who had to pray in parks and other public spaces cos there was no where else to pray!!!

but what ever happens make sure u dnt miss ur Prayers and may Allah reward u with all ur prayers!!!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
By the way how old are you brother Muslim? Because you can be at least 12 or 13 to walk around where ever you want and then you can pray at a park or parking lot. I miss my Zuhr (noon) Salah because of school, and I got so frustrated I bought a Jynamaz (Prayer Rug) so I could do my Salah and Mahsallah it worked out! I felt nervous at first cause I thought someone would find me in the empty hallway but now I'm getting over that and I'm improving my Slat every day.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Inshallah your problems will be solved sister Hanim. And Inshallah you can even get some sisters to help you. They mock you so they can weaken your Eman and give up Islam but you can sure cope sister! Things get really tough but if you still have this issue, you can do Salah in your basement, attic, or garage before you get out of your house. And Allah knows best.

yasmin623

Sister Hanim...

May Allah ease your way to workship Him...:tti_sister:

Probably you could find a storeroom? Or even in the park or garden nearby your house? Just choose a quite corner, place a clean cloth on the ground then you can pray...I sometimes do that when i am in overseas (non-islamic countries).

In terms of Darurat...Perhaps you can choose to prayer jama` (conbined two prayers; maghrib and isha or zohor and asar) better than skip I think...

Be strong and Allah be with you!:muslim_child: