What do u know???

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

every day is a battle with Shaytaan and repeating of :bismillah: to start our prayers....thinking about prayer:

What's the longest Surah or Aya of the Qur'an that you have memorized so far??

..may Allah help us to encrease our knowledge of the Noble Qur'an..:inshallah:

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum
The longest surah in the Quran is Baqra also the longest aya is in that same chapter but i don't remember the number of the Aya.

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
...What I meant is that "YOU KNOW" that you can recite or lets say which one you would love/you are learning?

suumaya

...What I meant is that "YOU KNOW" that you can recite or lets say which one you would love/you are learning?

Sorry sis i was kinda rushing anyway i think the longest surah i memorized is Qalam the Pen:68. i am currently memorizing surah Al kahf or the Cave which is 110 Aya... 22 Aya down 88 to go.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
i am currently memorizing surah Al kahf or the Cave which is 110 Aya... 22 Aya down 88 to go.

I am memorising that too, but I am just at 10 Ayahs so far. insha Allah I will get the rest, although my memory is not so good. May Allah help us memorise the Quran.
The longest one I have memorised so far is Surah Al Qiyamah ( No. 75)
40 Ayahs.
Insha Allah I will try to get more into memory. Please remember me in your duas brothers and sisters.
wa/salam

suumaya

Salaam
What about you my sister Akhti, what are you currently memorizing?

I know brother Hussain mahammed that it's not easy memorizing surah al fahf because the Ayas are long. what you can do is make lots of dua and have sabr. this is the website i memorized the Quran. www.muslim-web.com

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Salaam
I know brother Hussain mahammed that it's not easy memorizing surah al fahf because the Ayas are long. what you can do is make lots of dua and have sabr. this is the website i memorized the Quran. www.muslim-web.com

jazakumullah khair for the website.

I personally memorise by breaking the Surahs into small mp3 files. I have the whole Quran in mp3 format, so I break the long Surahs into smaller ones, and memorise them one after another. Basically I make the Surahs in 5 ayah mp3 file format, so that I can listen to these 5 ayahs repeatedly.

There are programs, which you can use to break audio as well as video files, into smaller ones so that you can watch or listen to a part many number of times.

wa/salam

suumaya

jazakumullah khair for the website. Masha Allah you have memorised the whole Quran. May Allah bless you and give us all tawfeeq that we too can memorise the whole Quran.

I personally memorise by breaking the Surahs into small mp3 files. I have the whole Quran in mp3 format, so I break the long Surahs into smaller ones, and memorise them one after another. Basically I make the Surahs in 5 ayah mp3 file format, so that I can listen to these 5 ayahs repeatedly.

There are programs, which you can use to break audio as well as video files, into smaller ones so that you can watch or listen to a part many number of times.

wa/salam

No brother i did not memorized the whole Quran i wish i did but i memorized only 1/4 of the Quran.

maryama

Asalamu Alleykom bro and sis.

I remember not reading quran for 3 to 2 days and learning quran only 3days
of the week. Alhamdulilah my uncle who finished the university of Al-azhar
and his major was Islam and history of Islam; he had told me that I should
read the quran 1 hisbi or a whole chapter without memorizing it. sooner or later your toung will get use to reading the quran and you will memorize
it after doing this everyday. I did what he told me and feel happy that I am reading the quran everyday and hoping that a lot of deeds will go to my account in the hearafter. After all we are all working hard to making that account full and reducing our sins. It is not easy going to heaven because we make everyday mistakes so we need to do good deeds so Allah Subhana Watala will have mercy on us and will put us to Janah. Allah (S.W.A) says in the quran: "Nay- whoever submits his whole self to Allah And is a doer of good- He will get his reward with his lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve". (surah Al-Baqarah Aya 112)

Right now, I would feel really bad if I don't read the quran for a day.
One way we can fight the shaytaan is by reading the quran.

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
Salaam!

:salam2: ...:ma: everyone is working hard memorizing!! Insh'Allah!

At the moment I'm memorizing some aya from Surah Al-Ahzab. I know v.34 & 35 at the moment,(v.35 has got a particular place in my heart,Allahu alam).Then I'm learning hearing it from "Shuraym"....that's it! I feel the happiest person in the world :ma:

Then,once I learn as much as I can I will start to complete Juzz amma....
... :inshallah: