What do We Follow?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Yes, it is very simple: we follow the Quran and the Sunnah, with the understanding of the early Muslims.

All of our actions should be in accompliance of these teachings. If they are not, then we dont do them and it is a sin to do Islamic actions that have no evidence from the original teachings of Islam.

please see this>

Following the right way

The Prophet :saw: told us>
"I urge you to follow my Sunnah and the way of the rightly-guided khaleefahs after me; adhere to it and cling to it firmly. Beware of newly-invented things, for every newly-invented thing is an innovation (bid’ah) and every innovation is a going-astray.”(Ahmad -sahih)

We should not seperate ourselves from other Muslims, we are still brothers and sisters, but we should speak out and tell people that they do something against the Sunnah or if they do Shirk (associating partners with Allah).

Those who try to adhere to the original teachings of Islam can never be the cause of splitting up the Ummah.

The Prophet :saw: said>

"My Ummah will not unite upon error." [Reported by at-Tirmidhee and Haakim - Sahih]

What is this Error?? This error are the people who do Shirk (associate partners with Allah) who do Bidah (innovate things into our perfect Islam).

The Prophet (May Allaah raise his rank and grant him Peace) is reported to have said:

"Islaam began as something strange and it will revert to how it began as something strange. So glad tidings of Paradise (Tuba) to the strangers" The people asked, "Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah?" He answered, "Those who are pious and righteous when the people have become evil." [Ahmad, ibn Hibban and others, sahih due to supporting evidences, see Badr al-Badr's footnotes to Abu Bakr al-Ajari, Kitaab al-Ghurabaa. pp.16-18]
Islam began as something strange

Muslims Are Strange: Strangers Strangeness Imam Ibn Al Qayyim

In another narration, after the Prophet (May Allaah raise his rank and grant him Peace) gave the good tidings to the strangers and he was asked who they were, he answered,

"A small group of pious people among a large group of evil people. Those who disobey them [disobey the pious people] are more than those who obey them". [Ahmad, at-Tabarani, and others. Hasan Hadith see Salman al-Awdah, Al-Ghuraba al-Awaloon, al-Damam: Dar ibn al-Jawzi, 1989, pp.37-39]

And in another narration:

"So give glad tidings to the few, those who purify, correct what the people have corrupted of my Sunnah." [Al-Silsilah of Sheikh al-Albani - Sahih]

The Prophet :saw: also said>

"Indeed those from before you from the People of the Book divided into seventy-two groups. And, indeed, this group (Muslims) will divide into seventy-three. Seventy-two groups will be in the Hellfire and one of them will be in Paradise. And it is the Jamaa'ah (group)."

And in another narration, he said: "Everyone of them in the Hellfire, except for one group that which I and my companions are upon."

Therefore, it is expressed by the Prophet :saw: that the Muslims will be divided into groups. This is inevitable. What we as Muslims do is make sure we are those who follow the original teachings and can be the ones who go to paradise. This is done simply by adhering to the original Islam. As Muslims we should always remain humble and try our best to be good Muslims. Those who only take from the Quran and Hadith.

The Companion of the PRophet :saw: Ibn Mas'ood (radhiyallahu Anhu) said: "The Messenger of Allaah drew a line for us and then said: 'This is the Straight Path of Allaah.' And he drew lines on the left and right of it, and then said: 'These are paths of which there is not one except that there is a devil upon it calling towards it.' Then he recited the statements of Allaah ( Surat-ul-Ana'aam [3:153]) : 'And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow (other) paths for they will separate you away from His path." An authentic hadeeth recorded by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee.

In authentic hadith, The Prophet :)saw:) said to his daughter Fatimah:
"Indeed, I am for you a blessed Salaf." [al-Bukhaaree, number: 2652]

"How excellent a Salaf I am for you." [Muslim, number: 2450]

also he :saw: said>

and is authentically reported on the authority of `Umran Ibn Husain (ra ), that he said: "Allah's Messenger (
saws.gif
) said: "The best of my Ummah is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them." `Umran (ra ) said: "I don't know if he mentioned two generations after his, or three." "Then after you," continued the Prophet (saas ), "there will come a generation who will testify without being called upon to do so and they will be treacherous and untrustworthy. They will swear oaths, but they will not fulfill them and obesity will be seen in them." (Narrated by Muslim)

The Prophet :saw: also said> "The best of people is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them (i.e. the salaf... the first three generations of Muslims)." [Reported by Bukhari and Muslim- Mutawaatir. Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha - Shaykh Al Albaanee declares it Hasan in Saheeh Al Jaami' no.3288].
When he was asked which was the correct and acceptable way of understanding Islam, the Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) replied by saying: "That which I and my companions are upon."

Abdullah ibn Masood (radiAllaahu anhu) is reported to have said:

Stick to the group (Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah), for Allaah's Hands are with the group...majority of the group are those who dissented from the group. The group is that which complies with the truth even if you were on your own. [Igaathat-ul lahfaan, by Imaam Ibn ul-Qayyim raheemahullaah (1/69)]

All of the early scholars of Islam followed the way of the early Muslims (the Salaf Salih) in understanding religion. Early scholars such as Imam al-Awzaa'ee, who died 157 years after the Prophet's emigration to Medina, said: "Be patient upon the Sunnah, and stop where the people (i.e. the Salaf) stopped, and say what they said, and refrain from what they refrained from, and follow the path of your righteous Salaf; for verily, sufficient for you is what was sufficient for them."

Imam ath-Dhahabi said: "It is authentically related from ad-Daraqutni (a scholar from approximately 1,000 years ago) that he said: There is nothing more despised by me than 'ilmul-kalaam (innovated speech and rhetoric). I (adh-Thahabee) say: The man never entered into ’ilmul-kalaam, nor did he enter into argumentation (i.e. philosophy), he did not delve into that. Rather, he was Salafee (a follower of the early Muslims)."

Imam Dhahabi (rahimahullah) was one of the greatest and most reknowned Scholars of Hadith this world has ever known!

One of the famous schools of jurisprudence is named after a Great Salafi scholar of Islaam, Imaam Abu Haneefa (raheemahullaah). Regarding adherence to the Salafi methodology, Imam Abu Haneefa (raheemahullah) said:​
"Adhere to the narrations and way of the Salaf, and beware of newly invented matters (in religion), for all of it is innovation." [Sawnul-Mantaq wal-Kalaam (p. 32) of As-Suyuti]

Imaam al-Asbahaanee (raheemahullaah) said:​
"The sign of Ahlus-Sunnah is that they follow the Salafus-Salih and abandon all that is innovated and newly introduced into the Deen." [Al-Hujjah fee Bayaanil Mahajjah 1/364]​

O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. If you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.
[Quran 4: 59]

[SIZE=-0]And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Quran), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allaah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islaamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allaah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided [Quran 3:103]
[/SIZE]
So, it is of uptmost Importance that ALL Muslims Unite towards one thing, the Pure Islam. That is the Islam that is not based upon our own thoughts and desires, NOR the ideas of various Imams, Mystics, Gurus!! Politicians, Kings, Family or Parents.... But the Quran - The authentic Hadith and the early Pious Muslims. The Salaf Salih.

It is the Quran and Hadith that explain what is true way to Follow Islam. It is upto you whether to do that.

Some Links for further reading>

Achieving Tawheed and its promised reward

The Origins of Shirk Author: Shaikh Naasir ud-Din al-Albaani
An Introduction to the Salafi Da'wah

The Saved Sect

The Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah

The Correct Creed

Following the right way

The Advice of 'Umar ibn Abdul-'Azeez Concerning the Sunnah and Following the Salaf

Characteristics of the Victorious Group: Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah

Justification for following the Sunnah

Foundations of the Sunnah by Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

True Adherence to Islaam
Islam began as something strange

Muslims Are Strange: Strangers Strangeness Imam Ibn Al Qayyim

amjaddamen

brother
:salam2:

What do Muslims Follow?

Now I understand
1. Quran
2. Sunnah

Is there anything else we follow?

dear brother :those our original principles , but i have aquestion:are we (ordinary muslims) able to derive rulings from those origions ? i doubt it
so we need to follow the explination of qura,n and sunnah for the rightous and smart muslims ( like four imams and others )