What do YOU do on eid?

Abdul Malik

asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

Brother globalpeace Eid wont be the same without all the munch bro, u get me......Mans gotta eat. LOL

muhammad.abdullah

Assalam o alikum wr wbrkt

Well i guess this is going to be a really beautiful eid for me as i have been away from my family for 5 eids now and this time i am with them. Anyway, on eid ul adha, i attend the eid prayers, the earlies possible and then slaughter my animals with my own hands(This is the best part). Then i oversee the butcher as he butchers the animals into fresh meat. Then, the meat is distributed and one VERY INTERESTING FACT for all you guys, in my country we eat the head and lower legs of the gots too, i believe they are called trotters. We take the heads and trotters to a place where the hair on them are burnt in a furnace, we get them broken down into meat by the butcher and my my, what delicacy they are, yummy. In the end i end up being the tierdest person in the world but its worth it.

wasalam

janna123

:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
You're Eid sounds pretty fun. This will be my first Eid and I can't go to a Mosque or do anything but what I do on a regular day. My family's Christian while I'm Muslim, so I can't go to the Mosque and Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr are regular days :(
:wasalam:
salaam alayikumm,

my story is similar to yours too. I would love to go to eid prayer too, but i can't this time. I went to eid-ul-fitr prayer but i am off for winter break and I can't for this prayer. My parents are non-muslim too so it'll will be a regular day for me too.

Newmuslimah..

allmuslimsrequal

Salaam alikoum Happy Eid!!!

This was my first year celebrating. My best friend who lives in Egypt came to see me with her baby. It was my first time seeing her in years. We went to the mosque early for Eid prayers.
It is a great day to celebrate and be thankful for all we have, our family, friends, and our health. My husband told me that this Eid is a wonderful time to ask Allah (Swt) for repentance.

Then I spent the rest of the day cooking !!!

Happy Eid to everybody.!
-sis sara.