What do you do....

Cr1xus

Aslam Alykum, I am just wondering what everyone here does in their free time to keep busy and not sin? I mean, I live in Canada where if you go outside your bound to see some harem things no matter what you do. So I personally have gotten into bodybuilding. What do you do?:)

a_stranger

:salam2:

Try to have a good company , go with them to places with less haram .
Wherever you go say within yourself Allah is with me, Allah sees me.
Lower your gaze for the sake of Allah .
Fight yourself .
Remember we are in the time of trial whenever we go. May Allah subhanahu wa taaala give us more faith more strength to be a good muslems.
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaykum,

well, I hang out with friends---even if they're non-Muslim I try to keep it halal (go to restaurant to eat or watch a play). It is hard, Ima admit but keeping good company helps!

Cr1xus

Assalamu alaykum,

well, I hang out with friends---even if they're non-Muslim I try to keep it halal (go to restaurant to eat or watch a play). It is hard, Ima admit but keeping good company helps!

Really? I find it is better to stay away from friends...even the Muslim ones in my case. After high school I stopped talking to my friends, and have been becoming more religious. It's hard to trust anyone where I live.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Surprisingly yes! That is actually how I became practicing few years back----also you have a chance to influence other people when the strength of your Deen shines through. You cannot be lonely or isolate yourself from the society, you gotta have fun (halal fun). Try doing fun activities with brothers at the Masjid or something of that sort.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Aslam Alykum, I am just wondering what everyone here does in their free time to keep busy and not sin? I mean, I live in Canada where if you go outside your bound to see some harem things no matter what you do. So I personally have gotten into bodybuilding. What do you do?:)
~~~
:wasalam:
:salam2:

:ma:
Don't forget to Watch Makkah Live Online daily
by computer or mobile phone.

Link--->http://www.youtube.com/user/MakkahLive?ob=0&feature=results_main

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1iTKvKFjuQ[/ame]

A Beautiful gift from Allah swt.
Masha'allah!
Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Cr1xus

Cr1xus

Surprisingly yes! That is actually how I became practicing few years back----also you have a chance to influence other people when the strength of your Deen shines through. You cannot be lonely or isolate yourself from the society, you gotta have fun (halal fun). Try doing fun activities with brothers at the Masjid or something of that sort.

You're right, I think I might just do volunteer work at the Masjid or the Islamic school around my city. I think gender plays a big difference on the idea of going out with your friends. I think it is better for men to keep it to a minimum in this society. I know too many Muslim guys that do haram things lol .

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
^ salaam,

Bro volunteering is good! It is very important to get involved with the Muslim community. " I think gender plays a big difference on the idea of going out with your friends. I think it is better for men to keep it to a minimum in this society." It depends on who those friends are, if they're practicing---well, you got nothing to worry about. Your "hang out places" is mostly at the Masjid, playing some sort of sport, body building (I know many brother enjoy that) and whatever comes in between. You just gotta find people who like the same stuff.

Cr1xus

^ salaam,

Bro volunteering is good! It is very important to get involved with the Muslim community. " I think gender plays a big difference on the idea of going out with your friends. I think it is better for men to keep it to a minimum in this society." It depends on who those friends are, if they're practicing---well, you got nothing to worry about. Your "hang out places" is mostly at the Masjid, playing some sort of sport, body building (I know many brother enjoy that) and whatever comes in between. You just gotta find people who like the same stuff.

Ya but finding those friends around here is hard lol, even the ones that go to the mosque are sometimes the one's doing haram things. I'm not in a rush to do something "fun" really, the pain that is involved in bodybuilding is fun for me hahaha. The pain is much closer to pleasure than you would believe. Honestly I am only free for like 2 hours a day anyways, so I am keeping busy at the moment. I will get involved in the Muslim community some more Inshallah. Maybe they could use my muscles for something haha.:biggrin:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I work 2 jobs so not much time for haraam things.
I read a lot =)

Reading is FUN!! I cannot believe I forgot that....but then again I don't see reading as something that takes me outta of boredom;) It's one of my favorite things to do along with writing! I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah

Browse TTI...:)