what does islam say about friendship?

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

In regards to Muslims or Non-Muslims?

Question:
What is the view of Islam towards friendship with followers of different religions

Answer:
Praise be to Allah;

Reply for this question would be the same as the reply to question #23325.

In addition, the following should be noted:

We should differentiate between good treatment of non-Muslims and befriending them.
We should differentiate between establishing a relationship with a non-Muslim for the purpose of da’wah (i.e. teaching him and inviting him to Islam) and befriending him for no valid Islamic purpose.
We should differentiate between establishing a relationship with a non-Muslim for trading and/or education reasons and befriending him, as friendship would mean deeper feeling of affection and fondness, comradeship, and being influenced by him.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

On my personal note :)

Surround yourself with people who will help you stay on the straight path. I mean I have non-Muslim friends but are they the ones I will run to in time of spiritual crisis? nope...I just find it easier to socialize with people who understand and practice the same as I do.

:wasalam:

Islam!!yay

ok

But not much muslims here in skool ....and muslims that i know are all gangsta ghetto type while im a normal type ......even my muslim friends are not acting as muslims ..so hanging out with them (my muslim friends)can also lead me to spiritual crisis.

uskupi

assalam alaikum ...Allah s.w.t has prepared very good reward for those who love each other in the name of Allah s.w.t ...so the friendship in the name of Allah is highly recommendable

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Alaykum,

Bro stay with people that are good Muslims, yes there are brother that think they are gangters, if u do stay with them please dont get influanced by there bad habits, be a good muslim and try influancing them to came back to Islam. always remeber that Allah s.w.t is always watch us.

If they do stop u from doing ur duty to Allah s.w.t then stay away from them u dont need friends t like that.

Hope this helped bro.