what does it mean

uk brother

salaam to all, i was reading the quran translated by abdullah yusuf ali.im a bit confused with surah 38(sad) verse 74.................

'and i put my spirit into him'

also what does everyone make of the novel to be released called 'jewel of medina'. i think these people have nothing better to do.they need to get their own house in order before they started poking their big noses in other religions.thanks.

nam01

:salam2:

I dont know what the quotation means, but i read the prologue of the 'jewel of Madina' and it completely distorts the intentions of Aisha, peace be upon her, and should be allowed to be published.

The author is mixing religion with fiction as all we muslims know for a fact is what is in the quran, yet the author wrongly assumes certains events in aisha's life and causes great disrespect for the sahabas, labelling them to be women beaters, jealous and violent.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
salaam to all, i was reading the quran translated by abdullah yusuf ali.im a bit confused with surah 38(sad) verse 74.................

'and i put my spirit into him'

also what does everyone make of the novel to be released called 'jewel of medina'. i think these people have nothing better to do.they need to get their own house in order before they started poking their big noses in other religions.thanks.

:salam2:

Brother You mean Surah Saad (Surah 38) Verse number 72, not 74.
The verse in question reads ""When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." Quran 38:72
The above translation is by Abullah Yusuf Ali. It is not the same as you posted. You wrote "my spirit" when the verse reads "of my spirit"

There are many different was the translations translate that verse. A varient translation.
"So, when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him.''

It simply means Adam was created by Allah. We are all created by Allah. I'm not sure what's so confusing about it.
Allah is the source of life, and hence the Ruh (spirit) of Adam just like Isa comes from him. In the case of regular people like you and me, Allah The Most Exalted, sends down His Angel (s) (not sure who is the angel or there are more than one angel) to breath into the womb of the mother the spirit which was created by Allah, and thus we are born!
Likewise the clay figure of Adam A.S. was breathed into and it was given life by Allah.

Allah knows best.

Perhaps some one else can explain it better.

:wasalam: