What has happened to our faith?

jimcate

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I am a new revert to Islam of 16 weeks. I pray at work on all my breaks during the work day. There is a muslim brother and a muslima sister at work who have been muslims all their lives-yet they do not pray at work on the breaks. This saddens me a bit as I try to look up to those muslims who grew up in the faith. I continue to pray at work, but I would like it better if this brother and sister would pray at work on the breaks as well. What has happened to the faith?:astag:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

The problem is that most muslims dont know there faith very well - I was one of them as i was born in a muslim family who dont practice, to certain extent some people who dont know the faith properly see it as a cultural label then the truth, thats the main problem, people dont know what the culture is and what the religion is.

Others just know but they dont want to pray because they proberly havent read the Quran - You'll be suprised and how many muslims know the quran off by heart but dont know the meaning.

And dont forget that the Prophet (PBUH) warned us about this - that the Umma will have problems - I think we can all see the problems.

The key is just to be good and help people understand Islam - thats what we can do - Insha'Allah things will get better.

Ukht2

salm brother
i am reverted too, so i had your same experience and i really know how u feel..i think, when we became muslim we exspet all muslim pray on time,they say salam even they don`t know u, they dress according the islamic code (men,woman),etc... insteed is not like that! well, the answer that i geve to myself is we embras islam for Allah,for our Lord not to folllow our neibour muslim friends becose as human person they are not perfect! but if we see them doing a mistake we must tell them! so brother becose the pray is the most important thing in islam ,gently u can remind it to your collegue.. i hope u get my point sorry 4 my english but it is not my first language...hav good time salam sister Ukht2

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alikum

assalaamu alaykum sister. i`m gonna tell u something that u didn`t know before and expect u to understand it. first i `m born Muslim. when u see a born Muslim person don`t expect them to be so close to Islam just because they r born. they were raised in Islam but they them self didn`t accept Islam in their heart inorder to be a Muslim u accept Islam knowing that no one is making u do it whether u r born or not. am not saying that all born Muslims don`t accept Islam am saying that some of them don`t realize how lucky they r to be a born Muslim. what matters is how u accept Islam being a born Muslim or not is not what matters. the day you accept Islam is a brand new day for u. coz ALLAH(SWT) has forgiven u all that u did.

the more u accept Islam the closer Ur to ALLAH.

:wasalam::tti_sister:

Abel213

May Allah increase our zeal! These times have been mentioned in the Hadith as forerunner to Judgement Day!