What is a Muslim's Perfect Day?

dianek

According to my mother, who believes whatever some right wing christian fanatic tells her.....

a perfect muslim day is the day when 3200 American children will be slaughtered in their classrooms.....

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????? That someone would actually believe this and let alone preach it on the christian radio station. This kind of "hateful" speaking is so against even the majority christians. I was so upset with her that she believed the man when he said it......I cried and asked her if she really thought my muslim children, her grandchildren, would be pleased by such an act. she referenced this happening in Russia a few years ago where Islamic radicals attacked a school and killed the children.......I told her muslims would find that repulsive and a crime in islam and she said well Bin Laden would love it.......All she ever hears is his hateful words and said that she never hears moderate muslims stand up and rebuke bin laden.......this is why I can't tell her I am muslim.....and this is why I am going crazy....my husband on one side and her on the other pulling me apart. She told me that I am brainwashed and she never thought I was so stupid......

Thank you media for spoon feeding her this crap!

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam o rahmatallaho wa barakato sister.

According to my mother, who believes whatever some right wing christian fanatic tells her.....

a perfect muslim day is the day when 3200 American children will be slaughtered in their classrooms.....

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????? That someone would actually believe this and let alone preach it on the christian radio station. This kind of "hateful" speaking is so against even the majority christians. I was so upset with her that she believed the man when he said it......I cried and asked her if she really thought my muslim children, her grandchildren, would be pleased by such an act. she referenced this happening in Russia a few years ago where Islamic radicals attacked a school and killed the children.......I told her muslims would find that repulsive and a crime in islam and she said well Bin Laden would love it.......All she ever hears is his hateful words and said that she never hears moderate muslims stand up and rebuke bin laden.......this is why I can't tell her I am muslim.....and this is why I am going crazy....my husband on one side and her on the other pulling me apart. She told me that I am brainwashed and she never thought I was so stupid......

I feel what you're going through, not like i have been in a similar case before. but i dont know if you have tried, maybe you should tell her about who you really are, and even though the changes you still are her daughter. MAybe she thinks that you are taking your husbands side when she told you that you have brainwashed. who knows (allah knows) that the reason you belief this way, is because off you being a muslim. if your mother is a type of person that is up for a discussion, try having one with her. one after another will maybe give her a new look at islam, beside the media crap. pardon my language. God Bless, hope you and your family nothing but the best.
- Manal.

abdellah007

i do feel sorry for your mom. the media is the big problem nowdays.

i dont know how does she explain what isreal is doing there in palestine. they killed school children, elder people, they grapped the trees lands and houses.....

elhamdolilah as a muslim i dont blame all jews and chritians for what happening in isreal. there thousands jews in morocco. and tons of chritians coming for holidays.

may allah opens ur mom s heart ameen.

tell ur mom the perfect muslim days re

EID AL ADHA
EID ALFITR
RAMADAN
ARAFAT DAY

ETC...

and the greatest day will be when the ummah being gathered again.

sal12

Im very sorry to hear that. Maybe u should give her a few books on Islam. And also try to tell her to not judge Islam by looking at Muslims in the media (i know thats hard because everyone does it) but explain that a lot of Muslims today don't set the right example either because of a lack of education, or ignorance or because they've misinterpreted the Quran etc. You've probably tried really hard to convince ur mum that Islam isn't what she thinks it is so if she's not taking on board what ur saying maybe give her some books to read and if she doesn't want to read then maybe u should tell her you have reverted because that might make her want to read about Islam eventually even after she shouts and yells and becomes angry with u. So many reverts must have gone through the same thing as u but with patience and time it sorts itself out and also so many reverts had the same attitude towards Islam like ur mum does and reverted once they educated themselves about it. If all else fails make dua, in fact make dua anyway! Hope Allah makes this easy for u insha'allah!

dianek

thank you all! I told her not to go to other people to find out what real muslims think but to go to the source, read the qu'ran....she said she has read parts....the parts she has read in Christian literature to discredit it I am sure....I am going to give her a copy of the qu'ran and ask her to educate herself first and then have discussions with me..........I told her my in-laws (muslims) have never said one unkind word towards them or any American and that I know that they would cry blood if 3200 children were murdered ANYWHERE!!!! I can't fight her blindness. I was going to go to their house for dinner for Easter with the kids....but now I am thinking I can't face her....

dianek

i do feel sorry for your mom. the media is the big problem nowdays.

i dont know how does she explain what isreal is doing there in palestine. they killed school children, elder people, they grapped the trees lands and houses.....

elhamdolilah as a muslim i dont blame all jews and chritians for what happening in isreal. there thousands jews in morocco. and tons of chritians coming for holidays.

may allah opens ur mom s heart ameen.

tell ur mom the perfect muslim days re

EID AL ADHA
EID ALFITR
RAMADAN
ARAFAT DAY

ETC...

and the greatest day will be when the ummah being gathered again.

She believes Isreal belongs to the jews and they are defending themselves against suicide bombers......and oh poor jews they were murdered by the millions by Hitler......so what gives them the right I said to turn around and do the same thing to other people!

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

It seems she refuses to listen of what you're trying to say while her heart is filled with hatred.

What I suggest is wait till you tell her you're a Muslim to avoid being hurt in any way. Why? because of what I said in the above.

Make Dua for her and Inshallah may she accept you for who you are.

:salah:

abdellah007

She believes Isreal belongs to the jews and they are defending themselves against suicide bombers......and oh poor jews they were murdered by the millions by Hitler......so what gives them the right I said to turn around and do the same thing to other people!

from what you have just said i see your mom is not symphatising with jews
more than feeling hatred toward muslims . if we follow her logical thoughts then jews should fight germans rather than a nation in mideast.

please try to help your mom sorting things out. i hope she will accept the quran from you.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalah'Mualikum ,

It is really unfortunate your mother is not willing to open a dialogged with you, or even make an attempt to know our religion, it's history, culture, and traditions. What little knowledge of Islam she has, it is probably from word of mouth, talks shows (like you have said) or the mainstream media.
But there reports are limited to mentioning "Islamic jihadist just blew himself up killing blahb blah". (Such acts are always entirely political in nature and people who carry out those acts use religion to justify themselves, even though it is explicitly stated in the Quran that Suicide is forbidden and those who commit suicide will never enter paradise).

It seems though that is the only time our religion is mentioned in the media. Do you ever see any positive description of Islam? Or perhaps a documentary or anything similar that tries to explain our faith? Years ago I have seen one show on PBS, and since then I've not encountered anything.

That being said. You could tell her some simple facts about Islam that you know, perhaps buy her a book explaining Islam.
No Muslim will ever take delight in the murders of innocent civilians regardless of religious affiliation.
If your mother desired to peek a little into Islamic history, she would discover that Christians and Jews were never forced to convert, they lived side by side with rights many pepole do not enjoy as citizens in their own countries.
There are 20million Coptic Christians that lived in the Middle East. Couldn't the Muslim convert them or killed them if they wished to? There were thousands of Jews living in Middle East in Muslim countries, infact Jews under Ottoman Turks served as important merchants, and administrators. Where is the bloodshed? Muslims and Jewish scholars were translating works of Aristotle in Spain, when Europe was busy fighting each other. Where is the bloodshed? No disrespect to Christians or Christianity, infact the case can be made Christians history has been far more violent than Muslim history.
That being said, it is important for people of all religion to recognize conflicts and events through political perspective rather than blaming them on religions.

The rift between Muslims/Jews/Christians is a modern political development (with the exception of the crusades) rather than religious tensions. It has more to do with Colonial legacy and Intervening in Islamic lands than religion itself.

Shu'Aib

Shahzad

sister dianek, christian popes have aslways done this in the past and they are keeping up with it now as well. 'That is spearding hatred against islam, by each and every way. Why dont u show u mother, those parts where popes rape many girls, kills them etc. Try getting that from some where .

Rather than defending islam, show her wat chrisitians have done and are doing now

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Sister Diane,

May Allah ease your times of hardship, and guide your family to righteousness.

Tell your mother this:

Yet again, more innocents have been murdered by people claiming that their actions are in the name of Islam, people who in truth are far removed from the teachings of Islam and from the hearts of the Muslim people.

It is painful to hear about the death of innocents, whoever those innocents might be. It is repulsive to hear about senseless violence and bloodshed, regardless of who the perpetrators are and regardless of who the victims might be.

It cuts us even deeper when those who perpetrate such vile crimes have the audacity to publicly declare their acts to be in the name of Islam.

We condemn the killing of innocents because it is evil, because it is wrong. Our religion teaches us so. We as Muslims – who submit ourselves to Allah’s will in all of our affairs – cannot stand by and see our religion flagrantly violated and misrepresented by people committing the worst and most atrocious crimes in its name.

It is our duty as Muslims and Muslim scholars to not only condemn these atrocities, but to teach the people to understand how evil they are and how contrary they are to the teachings of Islam

We must stand with a united voice in our condemnation and be perfectly clear and frank in what we say. There should be no room left in anyone’s mind for doubt. It must be known that Islam is the religion of truth, of justice, of tolerance, and of the loftiest and most noble values.

These vile acts must stop.

It is the duty of all Muslims throughout the world to add their voices to the condemnation of terrorism and murder, until no one in the world can doubt that Islam and the Muslims are free from any association with such vile acts.

It is twisted reasoning for anyone to try and justify these murders on the basis of what others are doing to Muslims around the world. Evil deeds cannot be justified by the conduct of others. Those others are not our example. Our example is the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It is him we follow. It is his example we emulate.

He suffered the worst cruelties in Mecca. His followers were persecuted, tortured, and killed. The Muslims were expelled from their homes, boycotted economically, and starved. The Prophet (peace be upon him) lost his wife during the time of boycott and hunger that the Meccans subjected the Muslims to.

Ultimately, the Muslims were forced to flee from their homeland and seek refuge in Madinah.

During their time of weakness, the Muslims never perpetrated any injustice against their enemies. They endured in patience. Then, many years later, when the tables were turned, and the Muslims marched back into Mecca as a formidable and irresistible army, they declared a general amnesty and conquered Mecca without bloodshed.

During the intervening years between their expulsion from Mecca and their eventual return, the pagans of Mecca did not leave them in peace. They were constantly attacking the Muslims, building alliances against them, and doing everything in their power to wipe the nascent religion off the face of the Earth. On the eve of the Battle of Badr, where the Muslims were vastly outnumbered, the Prophet turned to his Lord and pleaded:

“O Allah, if this small band of people is destroyed, you will not be worshipped upon the Earth after today.” [Sahîh Muslim]

The pagans of Mecca were united in their hatred of Islam. They were a tribe, a single, large family. Their menfolk went forth to fight. Their elders advised them and reminded them of their honor and their duty. Their womenfolk incited them to go forth.

During the battle of Uhud, the wives of the Meccan soldiers, led by Hind, went out to the battlefield, beat inspiringly upon tambourines, and sang:

If you go forth, we shall embrace you
And spread out the cushions.

But if you retreat we will abandon you
With total disaffection.

Historians describe to us how their singing stirred up the Meccan army and incited them to fight in what was their greatest victory against the Muslims. During this battle, the Meccans mutilated the corpses of the Muslim casualties and showed no mercy.

However, it is in precisely such a historical context that the Islamic rulings regarding warfare – rulings preventing the killing of innocents and civilians – were set forth.

Ibn `Umar said:

“I saw the body of a slain woman during one of the battles of the Prophet (peace be upon him), so he forbade the killing of women and children.” [Sahîh al-Bûkhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Rabâh b. Rabî` said: “We were with Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) during a battle and we saw people gathered together. He dispatched a man to find out why they were gathered. The man returned and said: ‘They are gathered around a slain woman.’ So Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

‘She should not have been attacked!’

Khâlid b. al-Walîd was leading the forces, so he dispatched a man to him saying:

“Tell Khâlid not to kill women or laborers’.” [Sunan Abî Dâwûd]

It is also related that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

“Tell him not kill children or laborers.” [Sunan Ibn Mâjah]

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) would say the following words to his troops before sending them to war:

“Go forward in the name of Allah. Do not kill an elderly person, nor a small child, nor a woman, and do not exceed the bounds.” [Sunan Abî Dâwûd]

This is how we are to conduct ourselves with those who aggress against us in the heat of war. We are never to harm innocent people. It does not matter if those people belong to a nation that is transgressing against us and it does not matter what that nation might subject us to. We do not do such things. We are Muslims. We are the ones who meet falsehood with truth and repel evil with good.

This has always been our quality, and it still is the quality of the Muslims today. However, now we are being robbed of our history by a few people, an infinitely small minority, who are blackening the name of Islam with their crimes.

We as Muslims have gone through times of weakness before in our history. Our people were burned to death in their mosques during the Crusades. Whole cities were expunged of their human inhabitants. Genocide was carried out in many places. Then, when the tide of history turned and the Muslims retook the Holy Land, their clemency, forgiveness, justice, and mercy became the stuff of legend. Muslims to this day speak with pride about this.

When again, during the Mongol invasion, the streets of Baghdad ran red with blood and atrocities were committed against the Muslims the likes of which had never been witnessed in human history up to that time, the Muslims did not lose sight of their values. When victory was again theirs, they never conducted themselves in such a vicious manner.

For fourteen hundred years Muslims have gone through many periods of strength and weakness. In their moments of weakness, they suffered many a horrible defeat at the hands of some of history’s most vicious of enemies – in Spain, in Central Asia, in India, and elsewhere. Yet, for fourteen hundred years, the Muslims upheld their values and were an unparalleled example of humanity, justice, tolerance, and mercy.

That is, until now.

Our history is on the verge of being stolen from us by a small minority of people who do not and can never represent us. The history of the Muslim Ummah is being written right now. What is going on today is tomorrow’s history and it is not something that our children will be able to look back on with pride. However, it is not too late. We must stand up with a united voice as a single Muslim Ummah and condemn all acts of terror, all acts of injustice, and all acts of aggression against civilians, especially those acts that anyone would dare to perpetrate in Islam’s good name.

We can and we must salvage our history for our children and our posterity. They should be able to look back on our times with pride, and boast how the Muslims of our day and age, when faced with enormous challenges and injustices, upheld the values of Islam, maintained their honor and their ethics, and prevailed with justice, mercy, and dignity.

May Allah keep us steadfast on this journey to the hereafter.

Assalamu alaikum

abdulwahab

Brother
:salam2:

thank you sister for your thread

i no know aright how it is going , but we have to working too much

we need to be more opening mind and get media to show islam how is it

not like them show it

i think the big work it is upon new muslim like you sister dianek

you know how them thinking and you from there community

i hope your kids and new generations from americans muslim not arab or others living in usa i hope it the guide coming from inside that community

:wasalam:

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
A blind beggar's testament: 'He has never scolded me!'

n the corner of the marketplace of Madinah, was a blind Jewish beggar, who would cry out daily to all those who came near him," O my brothers, don't be near Muhammad! He's a lunatic, he's a liar, a sorcerer! If you are to be close to him, you will be influenced by him!"

No matter whoever approached him, the blind Jewish beggar will definitely not waste his chance to incite them to hate the Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam (peace be upon him)!
All kinds of curses would spew forth from the beggar's lips even though he had never known the Prophet personally!

The news about the blind Jewish beggar's daily cursing and badmouthing him came to the knowledge of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam!

Even then, the Holy Prophet Muhammad did not get angry and he ignored the blind Jewish beggar's insults against himself!

On the contrary, from that day onwards, at each morning, the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam visited the blind beggar and brought food for him!

Without saying a single word, the Blessed Messenger (peace be upon him) would feed the beggar with his own hand!

The blind beggar would chew the food being fed to him and eat contentedly. Once he was full, he'd express his gratitude without knowing that the one who had fed him was the Holy Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam!

The Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam continued to feed the blind beggar without fail each day till the day he died! Throughout his service to the blind beggar, he never identified himself to the blind Jewish beggar!

After the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam had passed away, no one brought food to the blind beggar anymore!

The blind Jewish beggar waited daily and was perplexed as to why the kind man did no longer come to feed him and provide for him as he had done all this while.

The blind beggar waited in vain for the kind gentleman who had never missed visiting him each and every morning all these while .
~~~
One day, the closest Companion of the Holy Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam, Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq @ The Truthful One, Radhiallahu Anhu (May Allah be pleased with him) visited the home of his daughter, Saiyidatina Aishah, Radhiallahu Anha (May Allah be pleased with her), the widow of the Blessed Messenger (SAW).

Abu Bakar asked Aishah, " O my child, is there any habit of my beloved (Prophet) that I have yet to carry on?"

Aisyah replied, " Dear Father, you are verily a follower of the Sunnah (Habits) of the Prophet and there is none that you have yet to do except for one deed only!"

" What is that?" asked Abu Bakar.

"Every morning, the Prophet of Allah will go to the end of the marketplace, bringing food to a blind old Jewish beggar who lives there and feed him by his hand," said Aishah.

The next day, Abu Bakar As Siddiq went to the marketplace with food for the blind beggar. Abu Bakar As Siddiq approached the beggar and started to feed him.

At the first handfull of food being fed to him, the blind Jewish beggar became angry and shouted out ," Who are you?"

Abu Bakar answered " I am the one who usually feeds you every morning".

"No! Don't you lie to me!" objected the blind beggar.

Abu Bakar was shocked, thus he asked" Why do you say so?"

Answered the blind Jewish beggar," Because when he comes to me, I always felt it easy to hold his hand and found it easy to chew the food he fed me! The man who used to feed me would make the food fine before feeding it to me!"

Abu Bakar As Siddiq could not hold back his tears anymore and he burst out crying and had to disclose who he actually was to the beggar.

"Verily, I am not the one who used to come and feed you. I am one of his Companions for the noble one is alive no more! He was none other than the Blessed Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam!"

"Muhammad?" asked the blind old Jewish beggar, totally shocked with what he had just heard.

"You mean to tell me that the one who came each morning without fail and fed me by his hand was Muhammad?" asked the beggar.

"Yes! It was Muhammad!" answered Abu Bakar.

Immediately, the blind old Jewish beggar wailed out in despair and cried so pitifully coming to realise that it was none other than the Holy Prophet who had been feeding him all this while.

"All these while!...all these while, I had been cursing him, I had been slandering him!

Not once has he ever scolded me ! He kept coming every morning to feed me! He is so noble!.." cried the old blind Jewish beggar as he wiped away his flowing tears on his cheeks.

The blind beggar reached out to Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq, the first Caliph of the Muslims and testified before him the Kalimah Shahadah :

'Ash har doo Allah ila ha ill lall Lah! Wa ash har doo anna Muhammad darr Rasulullah!' declaring that There is No God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah!

From that moment onwards, the blind old Jewish beggar became a Muslim.

from http://mahaguru58.blogspot.com/2006/11/blind-beggars-testament-he-has-never.html

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

About Beslan: The muslims did not directly slaughter the children, true that the children should not have been placed in such a compromised position in the first place, I accept that, but in reality the children died as a result of Russian military intervention at the wrong time and mis-handling of the entire situation.

You can read Shamil Basayev's response to what happened, even show it to your mother! I wish people would take a moment to understand what people are going through in Chehcnya, and like you said, stop being spoon fed rubbish by the media.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalamualikum dear sister Dianek,

The perfect day for the Muslims was or is.........

The Day Allah Perfected Our Religion Islam. (Allah's religion Islam.)

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

Give that answer to your dear mother. :)