Question: What is a Nasheed? Suggestions!

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
:salam:
I haven't heard anything ever since I left listening to music, which was around 2 years ago! Sooo, yeah, I wanted Hamd/Na'at suggestions that are free of music etc.! I'm not too sure about how to define 'the criteria'! Perhaps may be define the criteria as well in light of ahadith too! Also, what is nasheed? Are the words associated with the praise of Allah SWT or with the Holy Prophet Muhammad :saw:?
JazakAllahu Khairan!

P.S. They could be in any language, that way I'll learn the language too? :p But preferably in English!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I'd say go for Qur'an recitations. It's more refreshing and more rewarding.

However, here is one I like particularly. Mainly cause it has absolutely "no music" and by this I mean, no instruments, background hooo haaaa and hummmss which are so irritating and no beatboxing.

It is reported that one of the companions of Imam Ahmad recited the following poem to him. This caused the Imam to suddenly leave the gathering and enter his house where he could be heard reciting the first verse and weeping loudly. The students remarked that the imam cried so much that it was as though he would die.

BaraakAllahu feeki.

Seeking Peace

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I'd say go for Qur'an recitations. It's more refreshing and more rewarding.

However, here is one I like particularly. Mainly cause it has absolutely "no music" and by this I mean, no instruments, background hooo haaaa and hummmss which are so irritating and no beatboxing.

It is reported that one of the companions of Imam Ahmad recited the following poem to him. This caused the Imam to suddenly leave the gathering and enter his house where he could be heard reciting the first verse and weeping loudly. The students remarked that the imam cried so much that it was as though he would die.

BaraakAllahu feeki.
Assalam-o-Alaikum Sister...

lolxxx awww JazakAllah-o-Khair...you literally cracked me up lolxxx

"background hooo haaaa and hummmss "

lolxxx

Astaghfirullah...

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
My favourite nasheed of all time: Ghurabaa :) And there are many more ...

Also, there are munshids, who are Imaam's too, like Qutaibah Zuwayid who has a very nice voice for both Quran and nasheed MashaAllah. Unfortunately, none of his nasheeds are translated. At the top of my head, there is one that I've recently discovered from watching a series of Fahd Al Kanderi videos, it was in the background and it moved me a lot, I guess because the show is about those who memorise the Quran, as protectors of it, very touching ...

And this one, the meaning is amazing ...

Seeking Allah's Mercy, that was quite nice, very sharp.

Mahzala

*link removed*

Sorry folks, not sure if they are instruments, excellent poem though ... About the joy in remembering the actual joy of remembering Allah ... Hope I haven't confused you ...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalam-o-Alaikum Sister...

lolxxx awww JazakAllah-o-Khair...you literally cracked me up lolxxx

"background hooo haaaa and hummmss "

lolxxx

Astaghfirullah...
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

BaraakAllahu feeki=)

Those Anasheed that you are sharing, are they anything like Ahmad Bukhatir and Dawood etc's nasheeds? They are called nasheeds without music but it's quite misleading IMHO.

That fahad Al Kanderi series is so awesome. I've only watched one episode, the one with the madani blind kid in it. I really loved the show minus the annoying background voices tbh.Even though I didn't understand much that was being said (as it was all arabic) but it was still such a boost to my imaan.

I couldn't watch much because youtube is blocked in here and the series isn't uploaded on vimeo, sadly.

Mahzala

Seeking Allah's Mercy, they're not ones I frequently listen to, in fact, I don't really listen to nasheeds, I hear them in background videos and all ... But no, they have no music, just words ... I just liked the meaning of some, thus the share. And as for Ahmed Bukhaatir, Dawud Wharnsby and Zain Bikha, not really a fan to be honest, they've got a real presence on Peace TV and quite an audience too ... I'm more for depth when it comes to nasheeds, if they don't 'hit', I pass on them, and again, that usually comes when they're in the background of a show/programme. I'm not one who 'stores' nasheeds either, having said that, I see minimal wrong in it for those that do (I say this in comparison to listening to Quran).

Yes, that series is amazing, and like you, I don't understand the majority of it either, but its so inspiring and uplifting, and miraculous, to see the amount of people who are, day in, day out, engaged in attaining the rank of protecting the Quran, SubhanAllah, may Allah make us among them.