What is the disadvantage of sex before marriage

Maha*

True that. It also shows how the teachings of the Bible harmonize with Islam and how if these people take the time to actually read their book, instead of just listening to what chosen parts of the Bible are being told to them in church, they would see the truth. But Allah guides whom He wills. May Allah guide them all to Islam.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Brother, I did not yet read all the posts in this thread; however, I wanted to respond to this quickly. What is the disadvantage of sin? It robs you of Paradise. it is not the way of Islam. Sin is anything that is contrary to submission to the Will of Allah and Peace.

Permissible sexual relations bring closeness and great love and commitment to the individuals who have formed a union. However, the commitment to Allah requires that there be a commitment to the other person by way of marriage.

Also, there is diseases to numerous to mention. Here in The United States we say that when you have premarital and extramarital sex you are risking contracting the venereal diseases of every person with whom that person has had sexual relationships. There is the possibility of conception of a child. There are the psychological and emotional traumas which come from losing a loved one. There is the financial burden if that person does become impregnated. But, most of all, it blemishes your spiritual relationship with Allah and your spiritual brothers and sisters. We are called by our submission to Allah to a high code of conduct than that of the ego driven individual who is not in submission to Allah.

I am new to Islam; however, I am old and have "tried" much of my life to find the true path of submission to Allah.

I have read that The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Allahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem) has said "No house has been built in Islam more beloved in the sight of Allah than through marriage."

Studies have proven that married people live longer and happier lives than those who do not marry.

Other studies have showed that the human brain doesn't fully develop in humans prior to approximately the age of 21 or 22. The part of the brain that is the slowest in development is the part that warns us of mortal danger. The part of the brain that causes us to realize that a certain action may result in our demise. Which is perhaps one of the reasons why young people often die from risky behavior. You can draw your own conclusions as to how this factor can affect a person in regards to sexual relationships.

A person is view to be physically mature at puberty; however, this does not mean that they are ready for marriage. Rushd is extremely important in that a mature mind is better to allow for a successful course of action.

Al-Isra
And come not near unto adultery. Lo! it is an abomination and an evil way. (32)

Al-Noor
The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment. (2) The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers. (3) And those who accuse honourable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers - (4)

There are plenty of so called experts in Sciences and pseudo-sciences which claim that the old ways are wrong. Al Qur'an says:
Al-Araf
He whom Allah leadeth, he indeed is led aright, while he whom Allah sendeth astray - they indeed are losers. (178) Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful. (179)

There are many who are more knowledgeable than I am on what is and is not haraam in Islam.

But, the best advice is to seek out a person in your local Islamic Community who is well respected and learn from that person. If you are not Muslim, than become one and seek out an Islamic Leader of your local community. ;)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
what can a person do,if he/she had intercourses with his/her partner before marriage,reverted to Islam and continued to love the same person till now?Allah will punish him/her for fornication,even if he/she is new muslim and didn't know it?:astag:

arzafar

:salam2:
what can a person do,if he/she had intercourses with his/her partner before marriage,reverted to Islam and continued to love the same person till now?Allah will punish him/her for fornication,even if he/she is new muslim and didn't know it?:astag:

he/she has to repent sincerely. Allah (swt) is the most merciful and He loves those who repent sincerely. There are many hadith and ayah regarding this so im sure somebody else can contribute.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will attempt, Insha'Allah, to keep this simple. Sex is a beautiful part of marriage. It is an act of submission. It is a major component of intimacy. It is not intimacy. Marraige is the source of intimacy. Thus, sex without marriage is as empty as empty can be. You may have fun. You can have fun eating a candy bar. But there is no connection; no intimacy.
Marriage is communication between two souls. Sex is one of the many ways that husbands and wives communicate. It is yet another layer of the marriage bond. If there is no bond the layers of support tear away.
Allah subhana talla gave us the joy of sex under the umbrella of marriage. Without marriage sex is joyless..we become animals in heat.

Please forgive me if my wording appears to be in poor taste. I was simply trying to give an explanation that is easy to understand.