what is the meaning of hadith from sahih bhukhari Volume 3, Book 46, Number 717:

imroz5887

Assalamalekum
dear brothers/sisters i want to know about this hadith contain what meaning
---------------the Prophet got Juwairiya on that day this line whats saying i m unable to think what is the meaning of got

Volume 3, Book 46, Number 717:
Narrated Ibn Aun:
I wrote a letter to Nafi and Nafi wrote in reply to my letter that the Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives; the Prophet got Juwairiya on that day. Nafi said that Ibn 'Umar had told him the above narration and that Ibn 'Umar was in that army.
plz reply as soon as possible prove my thoughts wrong what in my mind thinking about holy prophet
alla hafiz

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

My dear brother don't let *!*!*!*!an ruin your love of the prophet (PBUH). There are certain websites that can influence such a negative of way of our beloved Prophet (PBUH). This is the full story of Banu Mustaliq:

It was Bani Al-Mustaliq who FIRST started, read the following.

News reached the Prophet (PBUH) on Sha'ban 2nd. To the effect that the chief of Bani Al-Mustaliq, Al-Harith bin Dirar had mobilised his men, along with some Arabs, to attack Madinah. Buraidah bin Al-Haseeb Al-Aslami was immediately dispatched to verify the reports. He had some words with Abi Dirar, who confirmed his intention of war. He later sent a reconnoiterer to explore the positions of the Muslims but he was captured and killed. The Prophet (PBUH) summoned his men and ordered them to prepare for war. Before leaving, Zaid bin Haritha was mandated to see to the affairs of Madinah and dispose them. On hearing the advent of the Muslims, the disbelievers got frightened and the Arabs going with them defected and ran away to their lives. Abu Bakr was entrusted with the banner of the Emigrants, and that of the Helpers went to Sa'ad bin Ubada. The two armies were stationed at a well called Muraisi. Arrow shooting went on for an hour, and then the Muslims rushed and engaged with the enemy in a battle that ended in full victory for the Muslims. Some men were killed, women and children of the disbelievers taken as captives, and a lot of booty fell to the lot of the Muslims. Only one Muslim was killed by mistake by a Helper. Amongst the captives was Juwairiyah, daughter of Al-Harith, chief of the disbelievers. The Prophet (pbuh)married her and, in compensation, the Muslims had to manumit a hundred others of the enemy prisoners who embraced Islam, and were then called the Prophet's in-laws. [Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/112,113; Ibn Hisham 2/289,290,294,295]

This was also narrated by Aasim bin Amr bin Qutada and collected by Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani in Fathul Bari (496/7).

Taken from http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/companion/04_abu_bakr.htm ..

The Banu Mustaliq, a branch of Banu Khuza'a occupied the territory of Qadid on the Red Sea shore between Jeddah and Rabigh. In 527 C.E. news was brought to Madina that the Banu Mustaliq in alliance with some other tribes were gathering to make a raid on Madina. The policy of the Holy Prophet was that the Muslims should not lose the initiative in such cases, and should take such tribes by surprise. Another aspect of the policy was that action against individual tribes should be taken before they could effect an alliance.

They were all eventually set free. Taken from http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/profile_story.asp?service_id=1110 ..

Although Juwayriyya was young and beautiful and of noble lineage, Prophet Mohamed (PEACE BE UPON HIM) was not thinking of all that, he was thinking of how to save her and all her tribe from an ignoble fate.

By marrying Juwayriyya, the Banu Mustaliq were able to enter Islam with honor, and with the humiliation of their recent defeat removed, and it was not necessary for them to embark on a war of vengeance that would have continued until one of the two parties had been annihilated.

All the booty that had been taken from the Banu Mustaliq was returned, and all the captives were set free, as soon as the marriage took place, for they were now the in laws of Prophet Mohamed (PEACE BE UPON HIM).

So, it was a noble cause the Prophet had in mind. He did all this to attain people's support, attracting their attention to his call and seeing different tribes responding to it, and these objectives were achieved. In light of this, the Prophet (PBUH) catered only for the interest of Islam and not self-prejudice or personal aspiration to satisfy any sexual desire as misconceived by orientalists and westerners.

The Prophet's marriage to Juwayriyah was graced and blessed by Allah, because of the sincerity that characterized the Prophet's act. Moreover, the intended objective was achieved as all the members of Banu al-Mustalaq, including Juwayriyah's father, embraced Islam.
But according to another story, which is more probable, after the arrest of his daughter, Haris the father of Hazrat Juwairiyah, approached the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) and asserted that "his daughter could not be made a slave, as she was the daughter of the tribal chief, and that she should be freed". The Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) said that "Would it not be better to leave the matter on the choice of his daughter". Haris then went to his daughter and told her that the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) had left the matter to her free will, and hoped that she would not bring disgrace to him. The prisoner replied that she preferred to remain in the services of the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam). Thereafter the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) married her. Ibn-i-S'ad in his 'Tabaqat', states that the father of Hazrat Juwairiyah paid her ransom amount, and when she became free, the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) married her. As a result of this marriage all the prisoners of war numbering about 600 were freed by the Muslims as they did not like that any member of the family in which the holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) was married, be made a slave

As for the issue of Saffiyah and her being widowed, the Prophet (peace be upon him) explained the situation to Saffiyah...

Here is Umm al- Mu'minin, Safiyyah, relates those moments when she hated the Prophet for killing her father and her ex-husband. The Prophet apologized to her saying, "Your father charged the Arabs against me and committed heinous act," he apologized to the extent that made Safiyyah get rid of her bitterness against the Prophet. (Al-Bayhaqi, Dala'il an-Nubuwwah, vol. 4, p. 230, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.166).

Even though it was her father and brother that got killed, she did realize and understand that it was their crime that led to their death.

Inshallah this story explains to you that our prophet (PBUH) behaviour and manners are so beautiful. The result of this story was the main objectives of our prophet (PBUH). They embraced Islam, and they were honoured by being our prophet's in-laws. Therefore, Banu Mustaliq started the conflict.

Please never listen about anything that could ruin our love for our prophet (PBUH), during my research, I found out that there is only one islamic website which answered this particular story and hadieth, and around 76 websites which explains this hadieth and this story negatively, and disrespect our Prophet (PBUH). They have won if we ever thought twice about the character of our prophet (PBUH). The life of the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Him) has been said by his wife, Aisha (May Allah (S) be pleased with her) to be like "a walking Qur`an", embodying the Laws of Almighty Allah (subhaana wa taalah).

References:

1. (Abdul Hameed Siddiqui, The Life of Muhammad PBUH, p. 42).
2. (Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, pp. 151-152).
3. (Ibn Kathir, Wives of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW),
4. http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/profile_story.asp?service_id=1110
5. http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/companion/04_abu_bakr.htm
6. [Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/112,113; Ibn Hisham 2/289,290,294,295]
7. http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/3/bestofcreation.htm

:wasalam: