What is the symbol of Islam?

OmarTheFrench

Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhani said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, led us in the Subh prayer at Hudaybiyya after it had rained on us during the night. When he finished, he faced the people and said, 'Do you know what your Lord has said?' They replied, 'Allah and His Messenger know best.' He said, 'This morning My slaves have become divided up into believers and unbelievers. Those who said, "We had rain by the favour and mercy of Allah," believe in Me and reject the stars. Those who said that it was because of a certain star, disbelieve in Me and believe in the stars."'"

mr. ok

Symbolism

بسم الله الر حمن الر حيم

:salam2: my dear brothers and sisters (Muslims & non-Muslims).

A symbol is to represent something or someone. I think the symbol of Islam are the Muslims themselves. Personally, i think our women are the biggest symbol of Islam when they wear the Hijjab. To my wonderful sisters out there, wear the hijjab and represent Islam and be proud of it. Everything that we do should respresent Islam.

May ALLAH guide us and give us knowledge (comfort).

Allah ho akbar

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
salam. thnk you for all explanations, bt i have found a website of apostates ***** claiming that ALLAH (SWT) is a moon god(ALLAH is associated with the moon), that's why every mosque is symbolized with moon or crescent atop it. and it's also stated that "Islam is intimately connected with the moon. All its rituals are based on the sighting of the moon or on the moon calendar". then i realized that some of them are true(the symbol and sighting of the moon).

Wa alaykum Salam, these websites which are run by some nasty Jews and Christians who hate Muslims. They dont care about the truth so they lie.

Allah is the name of the one true God.

Allah the most high, was worshipped from before the time of Muhammad :saw: prophethood. He was worshipped by the Jews and Christians of Arabia under the same name and even before that at the time of Jesus and Abraham Allah was the name for God almighty. EVen if you go to the Middle East now, you will find the Christians using Arabic word for God, Allah. Do these stupid American thick skulled Christians think that the Middle East Christians are all worshipping a moon God? The Arab's ancestors were worshipping God whilst theirs were still eating people's hearts (Druids, you should look them up!).

So, whenever these people say dumb things like this, they also hurt their own people. But, this just shows how ignorant they are. All the people who attack Muslims are ignorant to Islam. Ignorance brings hatred, intolerance and arrogance.

The Mushriks (Pagans) of Makkah, also worshipped Allah. Allah being the one True God as was believed in by the Arab Christians and Jews, however the Mushriks also worshipped dozens of other Gods alongside Allah.

This statement about the moon god is not correct, and the Quraish Mushriks did not worship the moon. Rather the Moon was worshipped by the early Mesopotamians (Iraq/Iran).

Belief in Allah, the one true God, the creator of all that exists has been with humanity since the creation of Adam (may Allah's peace be upon him).

Wasalam

Karima

Asalamualikum,

This forum has been very reinforcing of the very way one is to believe in God/Allah.

No symbols, no signs, but a reminder in the moon and the stars and planets, when seen....WHO made them.

There are strong misconceptions from non-muslims that the muslims worship the moon.

May God/Allah direct their path to understanding what Islam is in all forms....submission and prayer.....all the way back to the prophets who tried to say the same thing over and over....It's the same message from our Creator.

There is NO GOD BUT ALLAH...and there is NO symbolism in Islam.
Only the word of Allah Quran and hadith of our beloved prophet Mohammad (sws) represents Islam. Anyone or anything else representing Islam other than what is confirmed by the Quran and Hadith will surely be misguided. All innovations is misguidance and all misguidance will surely lead to fire. May Alalh protect us all from amy innovation or following the ways of the misguided. Ameen

No symbols.....just our hearts and souls into total submission unto our God/Allah.

Ayep

Bad Idea

:salam2: bros and sisters

The reason why we Muslims cannot find a symbol that represents Islam will attests to the fact that our Prophet Muhammad:saw: had succeeded in conveying the the message of "La illaha illa Allah Muhammaddur Rasullullah".

We should not ask what is the symbol of Islam because we do not pray to any symbol or deity or idols. Having symbols will eventually lead to misguidance. Not only among non-Muslims but among Muslims ourselves.

See without even any symbols to represent us, Muslims are asking for one. Not a good idea.

Allah knows best
:wasalam: