What muslim women should wear in the summer?

alexandra

As'salammm alaykom wa rahamatu ALLAH dear brothers and sisters in islam.Here is Sarah(my muslim name) ur sis.As have u seen,i have a request to make.I'm a converted girl,i came to islam 1 month ago AL HAMDULILLAH and i need to know what muslim women should wear in the summer?...Should we wear even in the summer long clothes,long blousse?I ask this bcz i'm wearing everywhere i go long clothes and i want to know exactly how its right.One thing i need to mention,i practice sport,athletics.What shoult i wear when am running?......I'm sorry if idid wrong asking this but i'm a muslimah in a non islamic country.I will aprreciate it much if u can help me.

MAY ALLAH LIGHT OUR EYES TO HIS WAY,TO HIS PATH AND LIGHT OUR SOULS.

Ur sister in islam,SARAH

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
Wa'alaikum salam Sarah

Should we wear even in the summer long clothes,long blousse?

Most muslim are from tropical island, so there is no issue about long clothes in the summer, just wear thin fabrics such as cotton, etc (i'm not a girl so I'm clueless about type of fabrics) if you have light skin then it is recommended to wear long clothes to protect your skin from sun rays. More than 374,000 Australians are diagnosed with a non-melanoma skin cancer every year (the cancer council south australia)

What should i wear when I am running?
Last time i've checked there are many famous sports brand sells long sleeve/trousers. There even a hadith saying to the parents to teach their children how to swim, riding horses, wrestling. Yes the prophet encourages us to do sports.

I hope you will strong in eeman

Wassalam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2: sister,

MashaAllah it is a sign of strong faith that you are concerned that every act of yours should be in accordance of the will of Allah SWT. InshaAllah some sisters will be able to help you with this.

May Allah bless you :)

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumasalam wr wb dear sister Sarah :blackhijab:.....mubrook on ur reversion to islam! even am a revert....the criteria of how a muslim woman should dress applies in every climate sis....its jus that u can wear cotton provided its not too light i.e transparent....and as far as ur sports wear is concerned u can have a look at this site www.thehijabshop.com i hope insha Allah it helps uu...

take care sis....may Allah be pleased with u ameen.

regards,
ur sister Aishah :hearts:

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom sister. I live in Florida and cotton is definitely the way to go :) Long and loose should keep you comfortable, Insha Allah :)

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

the vast majority of Muslim scholars and jurists, past and present, have determined the minimum requirements for Muslim women's dress: 1) Clothing must cover the entire body, with the exception of the face and the hands. 2) The attire should not be form fitting, sheer or so eye-catching as to attract undue attention or reveal the shape of the body.

:wasalam: