what the heck?

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Allah sent 124000 Prophets to the world time by time and place by place. It might not be very odd that Allah must have sent Prophet/s to American Continent, given that there was population at that time.

There are some signs of very old civilizations in the American continent.

Wassalaam,
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
isnt usa only discovered around the 16th century??? o_o

USA? sorry, there was no USA in 16th century, but American Continent was there which was not discovered by Columbus but some Muslims had already gone there long ago. And this is not my claim but written in the history book. People just cant digest that Muslims did something special, so their changed Muslim scientists names. Similarly they name columbus for discovering America and very few people who know history they know its just a hoax.

Wassalaam.
VE

apocalypse77

USA? sorry, there was no USA in 16th century, but American Continent was there which was not discovered by Columbus but some Muslims had already gone there long ago. And this is not my claim but written in the history book. People just cant digest that Muslims did something special, so their changed Muslim scientists names. Similarly they name columbus for discovering America and very few people who know history they know its just a hoax.

Wassalaam.
VE

really??mashallah..i only abt this today when u told me..i think i mustve been ignorant..hmm..care to elaborate me more and any sources of articles?im not being skeptic but i just wna aknow more :)

Karima

Asalamualikum,

You might find this article interesting. It is not about sending prophets to America....( what matters is that it does not matter where the prophets come from...but that we believe in God/Allah...which is the purpose of the prophets to proclaim God's word for us )

This is the article....about an American Indian Muslim......

My name is Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El and I am a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. I am known as Eagle Sun Walker. I serve as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.

There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people.

For most Muslims and non-Muslims of today, this type of information is unknown and has never been mentioned in any of the history books. There are many documents, treaties, legislation and resolutions that were passed between 1600s and 1800s that show that Muslims were in fact here and were very active in the comunities in which they lived. Treaties such as Peace and Friendship that was signed on the Delaware River in the year 1787 bear the signatures of Abdel-Khak and Muhammad Ibn Abdullah. This treaty detailes our continued right to exist as a community in the areas of commerce, maritime shipping, current form of government at that time which was in accordance with Islam. According to a federal court case from the Continental Congress, we help put the breath of life in to the newly framed constitution. All of the documents are presently in the National Archives as well as the Library of Congress.

If you have access to records in the state of South Carolina, read the Moors Sundry Act of 1790. In a future article, Inshallah, I will go in to more details about the various tribes, their languages; in which some are influenced by Arabic, Persian, Hebrew words. Almost all of the tribes vocabulary include the word Allah. The traditional dress code for Indian women includes the kimah and long dresses. For men, standard fare is turbans and long tops that come down to the knees. If you were to look at any of the old books on Cherokee clothing up until the time of 1832, you will see the men wearing turbans and the women wearing long head coverings. The last Cherokee chief who had a Muslim name was Ramadhan Ibn Wati of the Cherokees in 1866.

Cities across the United States and Canada bear names that are of Indian and Islamic derivation. Have you ever wondered what the name Tallahassee means? It means that He Allah will deliver you sometime in the future.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Muslims from Spain and West Africa arrived in the Americas at least five centuries before Columbus.

Introduction

Numerous evidence suggests that Muslims from Spain and West Africa arrived in the Americas at least five centuries before Co1umbus. It is recorded, for example that in the mid-tenth century during the rule of the Umayed Caliph Abdul-Rahman III (929-961), Muslims of African origin sailed westward from the Spanish port of Delba (Palos) into the “Ocean of darkness an fog.” They returned after a long absence with much booty from a “strange and curious land.” It is evident that people of Muslim origin are known to have accompanied Columbus and subsequent Spanish explorers to the New World.

The last Muslim stronghold in Spain, Granada, fell to the Christians in 1492 CE, just before the Spanish inquisition was launched. To escape persecution, many non-Christians fled or embraced Catholicism. At least two documents imply the presence of Muslims in Spanish America before 1550 CE. Despite the fact that a decree issued in 1539 CE, by Charles V, King of Spain, forbade the grandsons of Muslims who had been burned at the stake to migrate to the West Indies. This decree was ratified in 1543 CE, and an order for the expulsion of all Muslims from overseas Spanish territories was subsequently published. Many references on the Muslim arrival in the Americas are available. They are summarized in the following notes:

Historic Documents

l. A Muslim historian and geographer Abul-Hassan Ali Ibn Al-Hussain Al-Masudi (871 - 957 CE) wrote in his book ‘Muruj Adh-dhahab wa Maadin al-Jawhar’ (The Meadows of Gold and Quarries of Jewels) that during the rule of the Muslim Caliph of Spain Abdullah Ibn Muhammad (888 - 912 CE), a Muslim navigator Khashkhash Ibn Saeed Ibn Aswad of Cordoba, Spain sailed from Delba (Palos) in 889 CE, crossed the Atlantic, reached an unknown territory (Ard Majhoola) and returned with fabulous treasures. In Al-Masudi's map of the world there is a large area in the ocean of darkness and fog (the Atlantic ocean) which he referred to as the unknown territory (the Americas).

2. A Muslim historian Abu Bakr Ibn Umar Al-Gutiyya narrated that during the reign of the Muslim Caliph of Spain, Hisham II (976 -1009 CE), another Muslim navigator Ibn Farrukh of Granada sailed from Kadesh (February 999 CE) into the Atlantic, landed in Gando (Great Canary Islands) visiting King Guanariga, and continued westward where he saw and named two islands, Capraria and Pluitana. He arrived back in Spain in May 999 CE.

3. Columbus sailed from Palos (Delba), Spain. He was bound for Gomera (Canary Islands) - Gomera is an Arabic word meaning ‘small firebrand’ - there he fell in love with Beatriz Bobadilla, daughter of the first captain General of the island (the family name Bobadilla is derived from the Arab Islamic name Abouabdilla). Nevertheless, the Bobadilla clan was not easy to ignore. Another Bobadilla (Francisco), later as the royal commissioner, put Columbus in chains and transferred him from Santo Domingo back to Spain (November 1500 CE). The Bobadilla family was related to Abbadid dynasty of Seville (1031 -1091 CE).

On October 12, 1492 CE, Columbus landed on a little island in the Bahamas that was called Guanahani by the natives. Renamed San Salvador by Columbus, Guanahani is derived from Mandinka and modified Arabic words. Guana (Ikhwana) means ‘brothers’ and Hani is an Arabic name. Therefore the original name of the island was ‘Hani Brothers.’ [Click here for corrupted names of Arabic origin, such as those starting with Guad-, al-, Medina and others.]

Ferdinand Columbus, the son of Christopher, wrote about the blacks seen by his father in Honduras: “The people who live farther east of Pointe Cavinas, as far as Cape Gracios a Dios, are almost black in color.” At the same time in this very same region, lived a tribe of Muslim natives known as Almamy. In Mandinka and Arabic languages Almamy was the designation of “Al-Imam” or “Al-Imamu,” the person who leads the Prayer, or in some cases, the chief of the community, and/or a member of the Imami Muslim community.

4. A renowned American historian and linguist Leo Weiner of Harvard University, in his book Africa and The Discovery of America (1920) wrote that Columbus was well aware of the Mandinka presence in the New World and that the West African Muslims had spread throughout the Caribbean, Central, South and North American territories, including Canada, where they were trading and intermarrying with the Iroquois and Algonquin Indians....

Further readings:

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/mamerica.html

Wassalaam,
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:ma: im shocked and apalled..i cant beleive such things are still hidden and ignored by me :shymuslima1:

This is the media hypocrisy which does not let people know about the truth. Had CNN and Sky been under the ownership of Muslims, Had all world been Muslims, :D.

Wassalaam,
VE

apocalypse77

sometimes i really dont understand what they have against muslims..well, i do know the reason but sometimes i just dont see any logic..but oh well..

Karima

im shocked and apalled..i cant beleive such things are still hidden and ignored by me

You have not ignored anything....in fact, people have been 'ignorant', which is not a bad word....to use. If you knew this, you would have not ignored it...but be aware of it, and choose to accept it in your knowledge of information.

This web site has been an open door for learning the good that Islam has to offer. And this is just one more positive thing. Alhamdulilllah.

Mabsoot has been good to have this site for all of us to discuss, and most of all, learn what is important....to strive to live the straight path towards Allah.

Salam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
sometimes i really dont understand what they have against muslims..well, i do know the reason but sometimes i just dont see any logic..but oh well..

Brother, I am here to give you the logic (my own tiny logic) :

And Here's the problem with anti-islamists, If Islam says fight to diminish cruelty (and that is the way of God) and these anti-islimists immediately catch the word 'fight' and say Islam preaching hatered.
Now why does this above happen, Take an example:

Please carefully read the following conditions.
1- Given that a religion 'A' is the only true religion (way of life) acceptable to God.

2- It is told in this religion 'A' to fight and fight/kill those few infidels so that they cant harm manifold number of humans on earth.

3- Given that condition '2' is called the ways of God, then God asks people to fight in 'the way of God' and promises them the reward of fearless and eternal peacful paradise.

4- That religion 'A' covers the guidance on all the aspects of human living. It not only tells how to rule the humans, it not only tells how to behave in community and family but even it tells how to do daily little things in better way (even the minor looking things like manners of using washroom). While other religions dont cover many many aspects and are either theme based and are abstract, or they have human's intervension/curruption on them.

5- That religion 'A' Does not have any explicit sexual (literal or metaphorical, whatsoever) language in its scriptures while other some religions have.

6- That religion 'A' gives the most harsh punishments for the crimes which can be fatal for the society immediately as well as in the long run. So that religin 'A' stands the maximum resistent for the crimes and cruelty (by ordering capital punishments even considered very harsh by opposers of that religion 'A').

7- Given the condition '1', the devil will try his maximum to increase the hatered of that religion in the non-believers of religion 'A'. Also devil will try to decieve the believers of religion 'A' so that they weaken their faith (in that religion 'A').

8- That religion 'A' accepts some other scriptures to be from the Creator (God) but currupted by the Men with the passage of time, while that religion 'A' retains its scripture 100% intact alphabet by alphabet , to date.

9- Given that the '1' is true, i.e. religion 'A' is the only true religion of Creator, then all the evil forces will use their maximum energies to oppose that and decieve the people against that using what ever means such as Media Hipociry, Weaponary, False Allegations against them as well as declaring them terrorist on the basis of some decieved/weak believers of religion 'A'. While those evile forces commint terrorism by themselves, e.g. killing freedom of other nations in the name of 'freedom of speach' or 'democracy' or 'war on terror'.

10- Given the condition '1', i.e. that religion 'A' is the only true religion of God, it will ofcourse preach his believers to diminish cruelty by force, while this same religion asks not to take revenge as an individual, warn about the panalty of God for the believers who commint Un-Just acts. At the same time, this religion 'A' warns the believers of the order of death panalty if they kill any single human Un-Just. This same religion 'A' gives the respect to the females of its believers by telling them to cover their body while warning the men to lower their gaze if they coincidently happen to look at femals. That same religion 'A' orders the maximum capital punishment to the person who commits the worst crimes of humanity (and fat to society in the long run) such as rape, adultery, murder and theft.

11- That religion 'A' has its holy book having many signs for the people of wisdom including many scientific predictions which would only be known to Creator in the time if revelation of this religion. Those prediciton could only be scientifically known to man in very recent history such as 20th and 21st century.

Please have assumption of the condition '1' in your mind and brainstorm on all of the points.

which is the only religion having that?

Wassalaam,

VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Messengers to USA?

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

We find the following verse in the Qur’aan:

And every nation had a messenger; so when their messenger came, the matter was decided between them with justice and they shall not be dealt with unjustly (10:47)

Lets discuss the following questions, now:

1) How many messengers in total there were?
2) Where were they sent?
3) Was there one to each nation and people or multiples ones?
4) How long did they preach?

When we look at the Qur’aan and Hadeeth, we find that we have been not been given conclusive and detailed answers to these questions. Some messengers like Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Musa (Alaihis Salam), Isa (Alaihis Salam), Adam (Alaihis Salam), Ibraheem (Alaihis Salam), Younus (Alaihis Salam), Yaqoub (Alaihis Salam) etc. are mentioned in great details while others are mentioned in the passing.

We know that Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has given us all the details necessary for us to live our life in this world, so if these questions are not answered in great detail then we know that we will not be questioned about them by Allah (SWT) & they are not necessary for our salvation.

Your question specifically refers to USA? If you mean messengers to the region of USA then we have no conclusive answer.

However if your question refers to the people residing in the US now then your question can have many answers as the US today consists of diverse races and ethnicities as you are well aware of.

But you must be aware that white people are NOT the original people of USA.

why is Islam the dominant religion in some countries but not in others?
did Allah send a prophet to the USA?:girl3:

This is the media hypocrisy which does not let people know about the truth. Had CNN and Sky been under the ownership of Muslims, Had all world been Muslims, :D.

Wassalaam,
VE

i think all world been muslim its will be not possible because shaitan is also doing his job.

and i think to become hidayat from allah taála is not depending if we get the ownership of CNN and SKY , we all will get hidayat if we are the owner of hadith and quran in our life.
because those people who are searching the truth allah didn´t stop him to give hidayat.

media is a cause for all those unbelievers who dont want to accept the truth.

Globalpeace

Banned
Shaytaan's Promise!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Good thoughts, Brother.

Shaytaan promised Allah (SWT) that he will try his utmost to lead people away from Allah (SWT)'s path.

He has tools and media is one of them.

i think all world been muslim its will be not possible because shaitan is also doing his job.

and i think to become hidayat from allah taála is not depending if we get the ownership of CNN and SKY , we all will get hidayat if we are the owner of hadith and quran in our life.
because those people who are searching the truth allah didn´t stop him to give hidayat.

media is a cause for all those unbelievers who dont want to accept the truth.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

I found this article about a Native American Chief who came to London in order to present a certain petition to King George II in the 18th century. Notice his first name. This article was published in the Telegraph newspaper in London, and was written by Caroline Davies.

It had taken almost 300 years but yesterday the Queen helped the leaders of the Mohegans finally accomplish a mission begun by a tribal chief in the reign of King George II.

In the incongruous setting of London's Southwark Cathedral, she received a native American peace pipe and, more significantly, a copy of the petition Mahomet Weyonomon had tried, but failed, to hand personally to the king in 1736.

The Mohegans, not to be confused with the Mahican tribe of James Fenimore Cooper's 1826 novel Last of the Mohicans, had lost their lands to the tide of English settlers, despite being their allies against the French.

Mahomet left Connecticut to plead for royal help in protecting his hunting grounds but died from smallpox in his City of London lodgings. He was buried in the cathedral's grounds, where he was to lie in obscurity for 270 years.

Yesterday, after a request from the tribe which now numbers 1,700, the Queen attended a Mohegan funeral blessing and unveiled a memorial, carved from a granite boulder from the tribe's reservation to commemorate the life he gave for his people.

As trains rumbled on the bridge overhead, Bruce Two Dogs Bozsum, the ceremonial pipe-carrier and tribal chairman, and two other tribe members, blessed the memorial with the traditional "smudge", the burning of sage and sweet grass and offering of tobacco to Mother Earth to summon good spirits. Turkey-feather and wolf-head headdresses are not normally spotted at midday service, nor smoking allowed.

But the Queen watched good-humouredly as Chief Two Dogs lit the pipe and turned it to each of the four compass points – north for medicine, south for ancestors, east for new beginnings and west for "where all things end".

The small red stone pipe presented to the Queen was decorated with 300-year-old eagle feathers taken from Mahomet's headdress.

She was free, said Chief Two Dogs later, to use the pipe as she wished.

"It's her pipe. She could smoke it in a ceremony," he suggested, conjuring up an unlikely image. "When you smoke it, as the smoke goes through your lungs, you look to the sky and say your prayers to your creators."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...AVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2006/11/23/nmohican23.xml

You could also read the story on the BBC's website by clicking on the link below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6172062.stm

I'm not saying that the Native Americans who met Queen Elizabeth II are Muslims, since they evidently didn't follow the Islamic rituals of burial.

However, his first name [Mahomet] was the way our Prophet's [peace be upon him ] name was commonly spelled. This shows that Islamic names were not uncommon in Native American circles, and thus shows clearly that there were certainly some Native American reverts to Islam.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Undoubtably Muslims were here in N. America and had an impact. But if we want to split hairs, I believe that Norse raiders/explorers were the first "outsiders" to reach these shores.

Yes, there are American Indians who are Muslim.

Yes, there are Muslims living inside Vatican City.

There just aren't that many of them.

I find this European fascination with the "Noble Savage" ideal strange.
Yes, most Amerind tribes do have a knowledge of a "Great Spirit" who created and controls the world. However, they also tell tales of other spirits or gods, less powerful but more involved with humanity. Amerinds (who weren't forcibly converted to Christianity) really are not strictly monotheists. Remember, the Quaraish in Mecca also knew about Allah (swt), they just associated others with him.

F

fabs

The noble savage idea has been proven false as the natives still had tribal wars with one another, so thats correct.

As I've read if Allah sent thousands of prophets around the world since the beginning of time, then its probable they would have found their way to the Americas, however the fact that the Incas and Aztecs had a religion in no way remotely like Islam, I'm wondering about this. If anyone would explain this I'm open to listen.