What to do for fun?

BroNfaith

Peace!
:salam2:

What do you do to reward yourself after working hard or acheiving a goal in your life?

I'm asking this because I was used to watch football on TV, but I want to quit it because I've become so obssessed with it that it has become a fitna to the heart.

Suggestions are very appreciated. Jazakum Allahu khairan.

Shahzad

pray 2 rakaats salah for thanking ALLAH. Then it all depends upon u i.e. if u want to take ur family to dinner or bring the dinner at home. Go outing wid some of ur friends etc etc

BroNfaith

Peace!
pray 2 rakaats salah for thanking ALLAH. Then it all depends upon u i.e. if u want to take ur family to dinner or bring the dinner at home. Go outing wid some of ur friends etc etc
Thanking Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is a must. Well, I'm not married yet so I can't take any family to dinner. And since I've commited to Islam I've lost all the friends that I used to have, and if you let me go back in time I wouldn't change a thing. I've found my Lord to be better than all my friends combined together.

By my question I don't mean dunya goals (career, college, etc...) I mean the little fun that any human needs when they are living a life of worship. I'm not good enough in worship yet, but I'm struggling to be.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

you don't have to be married to take your family out, take you parents for dinner, take your brothers or sisters, go for a walk..

or you can all stay home and play some mind games...

Shahzad

yes, bomeshari is right. Take ur parents to dinner.

Brother, duniya isnt bad. Only duniya is bad when it takes u away from GOD. If u can make duniya to earn Aikhra, than its a blessing e.g. if u r earning good, u will not have to worry abt ur daily expenses etc etc which will result in more concentration in prayers. Getting me?

Oem Soufiane

Thanking Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is a must. Well, I'm not married yet so I can't take any family to dinner. And since I've commited to Islam I've lost all the friends that I used to have, and if you let me go back in time I wouldn't change a thing. I've found my Lord to be better than all my friends combined together.

By my question I don't mean dunya goals (career, college, etc...) I mean the little fun that any human needs when they are living a life of worship. I'm not good enough in worship yet, but I'm struggling to be.

Masha'Allah, May Allah swt reward you and give you commited brothers to help you with the deen and to build up your imaan and good deeds. For me, I like to take out my kids to the zoo, the forest or other places, but that is my thing, the forest is a nice way to reflect upon life and everything, even alone walking in the forest or a deserted beach is 'subhanallah great. Away from life for a bit, I love it. I wasn't really a quiet person before, just did it once and I really loved the quietness and feeling so small.

BroNfaith

Peace!
:salam2:

BoMeshary: You're right about my parents. Today, I told them that I will take them to Macca & Madina soon in sha' Allah :D (maybe next week :SMILY346:). My father is sick and can't go though, so it will be my mother only. May Allah help him and give him patience.

Shahzad: I agree, brother. We shouldn't ignore dunya, but without giving it more than it deserves. It's like a bus stop. We take the fuel we need only, as we will be moving to akhira pretty soon. May Allah strengthen our the faith, and help the muslim ummah.

Oem Soufiabe: May Allah reward you for the dua, thank you. Connecting with nature is really beautiful. We don't have forests over here though, we're in a desert. But alhamdulilah we have the beach nearby, but I don't know if there is fitna over there. I will have to check it out.

Thank you, everbody.

Salam,