What to do when followed by secuirty in store?? Help! Plzzzz

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum ALL!!! :)

I have this one problem....

there's this store my sisters and me shop at savemart. And these security guards keep following us like we're gonna steal. I havent seen this only my sisters since they only go to stores mostly to shop for groceries. They've done this like 3 times, and we shop there ALL THE TIME.... it's pretty offensive

We're black Somali and Muslim, and wear hijab...so they probably see that as SUSPCIOUS??

Any help on what to do ? Similar experiences? Please share and help im pretty ticked off! I wanna go next time just to tell them off seriously!

Wa alaykum assalma!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

maybe they dislike blacks or muslims. or maybe there had been some hijabi women who stole frm their store. so they are suspicious. Allah knows best.

i think instead of replying in an angry tone (which can make them more arrogant), you can reply to them politely that you fear Allah and will not steal anything.

eg. i am a hijabi muslimah and i am not a robber. :)

stargazer

Clear Skies!
wa'alaikumussalam,

You should be patient and act modestly so in time it would convince them that you are not a robber and that muslim sisters never steal!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
well next ime they follow you look at them with a expression like:"you need something"

or best ignore and carry out normally:).....how long will they follow you for no reason:)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam sister,

I would advise you to not risk your or your sister's security the next you visit the grocery store. We don't know the intention of these men, why they are following and what are they upto.

Therefore, have some male companion accompany you when you go to the grocery store and it is better if you shopped elsewhere where you dont have men lurking and following you.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Brother in Islam expressed my concerns; so, I will simply agree with what he has said. I immediately had the same thought.

mabera

An advice from Allah

:salam2: This verse of glorious Qur'an is as if it was revealed for your own problem.
Allah (S.W.T) says
"Latublawunna fee amwalikum waanfusikum walatasmaAAunna mina allatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablikum wamina allatheena ashrakoo athan katheeran wain tasbiroo watattaqoo fainna thalika min AAazmi alomoori"

Q3:186 "Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs"

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Assalamu Allaykum ALL!!! :)

I have this one problem....

there's this store my sisters and me shop at savemart. And these security guards keep following us like we're gonna steal. I havent seen this only my sisters since they only go to stores mostly to shop for groceries. They've done this like 3 times, and we shop there ALL THE TIME.... it's pretty offensive

We're black Somali and Muslim, and wear hijab...so they probably see that as SUSPCIOUS??

Any help on what to do ? Similar experiences? Please share and help im pretty ticked off! I wanna go next time just to tell them off seriously!

Wa alaykum assalma!

i also done swecurity for a bit... all u have to do is complain and he's fired (seriously)

complain and he is fired, it's that simple..... i was told that many people (security guards) were sacked bcz of this...

see his name tag, get his name (serioulsy, just walk straight up to him, and ask him y he is following u around, he should answer - he may sound like a tough dude - but thts just his ego - if he doesnt answer u can see his name on his blue badge)

he can get fired for this....

go to the customer servicxe desk and ask 2 speak to the manager and explain ur problem... managers r usually always in on saturdays as satrdys r busy days...

aqeela01

Alhamdullweottproblem here in South Africa. I believe that there is a simple solution. If you are not trusted then take your business somewhere else where it appreciated. Tthrough continuing to shop there you are encouraging their discrimination. Take a stand through not giving them you business even if it means that you have to travel further to shop. Been stalked is horrible and no one deserves treated in the manner in which you are

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Dearest Sister aisha16,

Hope there's no more worries cuz all your questioned has got the solid answer from our brothers n sisters :) fear not my little sister, Allah is always be with you!!!
Guilt only comes from shaithan so what the worry ???

:tti_sister:May you lead happiness daily in your life~Ãmin!

Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

samiha

---------
Staff member

SubhanAllaah sis I know how you feel... I'm a niqaabi and so the other day a female security guard was stalking me -- in the library!! Of all places! So I was a bit frustrated, but since she was trying to seem discreet and looking ever so interested (while glancing at me) at books for elementary students and I was just waiting for a ride I decided to let it slide.

I've had it once in a mall too where one of the employees just hovered around me and my mum like a moth to light; when we tell her we're fine, she still hovers and interrupts our conversations as if we have no idea what we're doing.

But overall it's been fine alhamdulillah, and we haven't noticed anyone continuously following us in any specific store. So in your case I would do as some of the brothers suggested - in that either find a different place, or get a male mahram to come with you.

And if that is not possible, as I know some things can only be found or are only at good prices at certain stores, maybe you could get your male mahram to go with you once and if it still occurs then file a complaint to the manager of the store, indicating it is happening repeatedly and is making you feel very uncomfortable etc...

Allaah knows best, May He provide you with the best solution to your predicament

wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

If I was in your place, I would hand them pamphlets about Islam, give them contact addresses of nearby mosques and invite them sincerely to the Religion. It might seem weird, but that's what we did during our Islamic Awareness Week. Some people were so rude and arrogant, but we used to greet them with smile and give them candies.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala make things easy for you.

Walaykum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

aisha16

Thank-you all for the help!! :)

I think I know exactly what to do now. I just needed to get this thing sorted out, it was bugging me for a while...i hate discrimination!!! :p
JazaakAllahu khairan!!!! :D