what we can do

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i am not a formal scholar of islam neither do i make that assumption, but i do like educating the non-muslim on certain issues that i definitely know about. one great islamic teaching is that a muslim should never speak in the name of islam when he is unsure of a particular ruling. very often i come across many people that do their very best to try to tarnish the image of islam, the funny thing is that during their time trying to discredit islam, they usually end up seeing all the sense that islam makes. islam has humbled many arrogant people.

i bring these things up because i hear so many misinformed people when it comes to islam. when they talk bad about polygamy or women wearing hijab etc. when i have the opportunity to explain these things to them they totally see things in a different light. although i haven't gotten a shahadah out of them, it is apparent however that they now think differently of islam. there is now a respect for it that wasn't there before.

it is our duty as muslims to help multiply the ummah or to at least inform the non-muslims about the truth of islam. however, i remind myself before i remind you all, that the best dawah is to live a truly islamic lifestyle. islam when practiced properly, and observed by non muslims; has the power to soften the hardest hearts and cause unbelievers to accept islam with open arms. so we need to follow the great example of our prophet Muhammad (saws ) and this will change the minds of those that hate us inshallah.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Jazakallaahu Khayr for sharing your experiences. May Allaah swt bless you for your effort in educating the non-Muslims about our religion ameen. That's one thing every Muslim should do.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

JazakAllah brother for your efforts to correct the image of Islam.

May Allah bless you and all of us with his Mercy.

Wassalaam,
VE

:salam2:

i am not a formal scholar of islam neither do i make that assumption, but i do like educating the non-muslim on certain issues that i definitely know about. one great islamic teaching is that a muslim should never speak in the name of islam when he is unsure of a particular ruling. very often i come across many people that do their very best to try to tarnish the image of islam, the funny thing is that during their time trying to discredit islam, they usually end up seeing all the sense that islam makes. islam has humbled many arrogant people.

i bring these things up because i hear so many misinformed people when it comes to islam. when they talk bad about polygamy or women wearing hijab etc. when i have the opportunity to explain these things to them they totally see things in a different light. although i haven't gotten a shahadah out of them, it is apparent however that they now think differently of islam. there is now a respect for it that wasn't there before.

it is our duty as muslims to help multiply the ummah or to at least inform the non-muslims about the truth of islam. however, i remind myself before i remind you all, that the best dawah is to live a truly islamic lifestyle. islam when practiced properly, and observed by non muslims; has the power to soften the hardest hearts and cause unbelievers to accept islam with open arms. so we need to follow the great example of our prophet Muhammad (saws ) and this will change the minds of those that hate us inshallah.