what we must do when someone died?

assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters
we've a lot of Bida'a now, when someone died, I don't knwo what we must do, people come to tell us Inna lilah wa ina ilaihi raji'oun (sorry)
I just missed our father (grand father), we had 3 days for that, people came... it's existed in Islam??? and family want to do Sadakah after 40 days.. there's a lot of people who do that in Morocco, I think is a Bida'a..
please help me, I don't know what am going to do...
assalamu alaikum

misalat

:salam2:

this is just my point of view ... when a muslim dies, it's recomended that the body be burried soon enough without wating for long. it's sunah for other muslims to visit the family to say sorry, and help them whatever they can afford whether in material form or physical help like cooking food for them etc.
you or any other muslim can offer prayers for the dead person, but there should not be any specific days like 40 days - reading specific qurán etc. these are all bidáa - innovations and should be avoided.

Allahu A'lam ...

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAaikum,

I hope some learned brother/sister will answer.

Sadaqah by the children on the behalf of their parents is very good. what else should you do? Your good deeds and your charity will payback your father too who nutured and educated you that way that you are motivated to give Sadqah.

But celeberating the 3rd day after death , 7th and 40th is not in Islam. It has just become a bidah.

Wassalaam,
VE

assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters
we've a lot of Bida'a now, when someone died, I don't knwo what we must do, people come to tell us Inna lilah wa ina ilaihi raji'oun (sorry)
I just missed our father (grand father), we had 3 days for that, people came... it's existed in Islam??? and family want to do Sadakah after 40 days.. there's a lot of people who do that in Morocco, I think is a Bida'a..
please help me, I don't know what am going to do...
assalamu alaikum