Whats your view on Evolution?

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamulaikum brothers and sisters, hope you are all in good health.
I have been reading up alot on Evolution recently and I also saw this documentary on History Channel called "How life began"... is there any brand new evidence refuting/going-against Evolution? (just curious). I'll put up a few links that I have read on Evolution:

Thermodynamics Falsifies Evolution
Five Major Misconceptions about Evolution

There is a few more, but I was wondering if anyone here has some good material to read on "Evolution" and whats everyones views on this matter.

By the way ~ is it natural for a Muslim to go through a "Doubt" phase? Because recently I have been getting doubts left and right and all true center. Is there any way to conquer this phase or just to get it moving along alot faster... because I don't like it <I need help :(>.

Walaikumasalam.

pcozzy

Assalamulaikum brothers and sisters, hope you are all in good health.
I have been reading up alot on Evolution recently and I also saw this documentary on History Channel called "How life began"... is there any brand new evidence refuting/going-against Evolution? (just curious). I'll put up a few links that I have read on Evolution:

Thermodynamics Falsifies Evolution
Five Major Misconceptions about Evolution

There is a few more, but I was wondering if anyone here has some good material to read on "Evolution" and whats everyone views on this matter.

By the way ~ is it natural for a Muslim to go through a "Doubt" phase? Because recently I have been getting doubts left and right and all true center. Is there any way to conquer this phase or just to get it moving along alot faster... because I don't like it <I need help :(>.

Walaikumasalam.

:salam2:

Remeber Allah subhanna wata3lla, has in many instances mentioned that we will be tested. So if you have this so called doubt phase be patient increase your good deeds. That is the first step. And ask Allah to guide you, which I will make duaa for you as well. This the before and after the first step.

Now, following your subject evolution "theory" , I myself feel that this is similar to when they non muslims used to believe the sky was held by pillars or the world was flat, in those days they had a lot of proof to support there theory. Yeah evolution, they have many theories that are directing them to think that way, but with time and Patience Islam always reveals to us the correct information and facts.

One last thing, know that television, in the west is a marketing tool. They bring these shows that make you feel wow, this has to be true. There in it to make money, it is all about the ratings.

http://www.youtubeislam.com/video/2264/Evolution-is-a-Joke

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Well i also had doubt about this matter also but when i watch some videos and read a book about evolution in islam i was more convinced than anything that Allah is the best Creator and one of his attributes is The Evolver and Allah has evolved creation in a way which is befitting his majesty. for example how Allah causes the embryo to evolve into different stages whereby it forms from cells into tissues and into flesh, organs, bones etc. this is evolution which is a miracle in its self subhanallah but i unfortunately have the book to reference but the video is on youtube just type evolution in Islam hope that helps and hope Allah strengthens you will strong imaan and makes us all of those with assured faith ameen :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

ssamios67

Evolution is Satan's deceit

Asalam Aleikum brother

I am a new Muslim having converted recently to the true religion. Go to the harun yahya website. They have plenty of articles on the deceit of evolution and how Darwin's "Theory" of evolution became the corner stone of many false ideologies such as Communism, Nazism, Zionist and of course Capitalism, which is now collapsing everywhere.

These movements all claim the Darwin's theory of "struggle of the fittest", is the very basis of their ideologies.

Google "harun yahya" and go to their website, and if possible brother download the "Atlas of Creation". There are 4 volumes and they are in .pdf format.

Don't let Shaitan fool you into believing this atrocity, No matter how nicely it is re-packaged on the "Discovery" channel.

InshAllah, god will lead you to the light of Islam, and show you the truth of this matter.

With love and peace brother :salah:

nounlu

I second that about Harun Yahya. Make sure to watch his documentary. The idea of evolution is against science itself.

Peace

Moataz G

did you mean by Evolution ' the darwinism'? because the concept itself has many misleading facts about the beginning of creation.

abu'muhammad

the below articles is good to understand the subject. I request you to read it thorough - InshaAllah.

Attachments

• 2ways.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 10

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I must say the responses have been excellent. In simple terms evolution was a theory used to exploit humans i.e slavery. It is as insidious as the New World Order.
I have read recently that the theories of even Einstein are being questioned. Funny how the world made him to be so much more.
The models used to understand the world without an understanding of the Creator are useless. What they lack is purpose and in the Holy Quran we are taught that there is purpose and design. It is His purpose and His Design is perfect.
Rabee zidnee ilman war zuqnee fuhman.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum Ali~
I just want to say something im doing major specialization in evolution and i never felt like evolutioin was against Islam ... people have a lot of misconception when ppl think of evolution they think humans came from apes but they misnderstand it that is just a theory based on the DNA .... and its just a theory Evolution is not about that. If you ask a evolutionist (like me) he will tell you that evolution is about studyiing how different things help species adapt to different environments. and if you study carefully your know how beautifully Allah (swt) made everything, things never happen without the help of Allah (swt) in evolution i find so much beautify of Allah (swt) things are so perfectly designed by him, the things like DNA replication errors that we think are so bad they actually help species sometimes who do you think makes that happen Allah obviously. can humans make that happen no, almost everytime we mess up a lil with the genes things go really bad totally hay wire, but when Allah (swt) wants things go great. Evolution is all about adapting to new environments we go thru stages and Allah swt made us go thru these stages and Alhumdulilah Allah tells us about evolution in Quran why do you reject evolution then???

there are many places i cud have a huge lecture on Quran and Evolution and the beauty of Allah swt thru evolution but i will list one verse.

Surah Nooh, 71 verse 14

مَا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا
"'What is the matter with you, that ye place not your hope for kindness and long-suffering in Allah,-

وَقَدْ خَلَقَكُمْ أَطْوَارًا
"'Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages?
أَلَمْ تَرَوْا كَيْفَ خَلَقَ اللَّهُ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ طِبَاقًا
"'See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,

Christians are rejecting evolution cuz as soon as u start reading Genesis you are given the idea how creation took place which is contradictory to science, I think we all should study evolution and Quran better and dont follow others.
I reject the theory that humans came from apes
If you guyz have any questions pm me or ask here i wud love to talk

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

at the end of the day its a theory - they have to believe in it like a religion

I believe in Islam

peace.

Salaam,

We shouldn't deny evolution in total because some things on earth do evolve. For example, a caterpillar turns into a butterfly (and o yeah those pokemon too!). However, this is not the case for humans & jinns because "God created man from an extract of clay" (23:12). Man was moulded into his present shape like a sculpturer moulds pottery.

In the unseen world, jinns are created from fire of hot wind (15:27) and from smokeless fire (55:15).

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

I believe Evolution was a theory or rather a plan hatched up from Shaytaan to make people forget or rather reject the the existence of Allah (SWT). That is how shaytaan get the people, making them believe Allah (SWT) does not exist and that is why Evolution was put there. So people could say I wasn't made from a clot like Allah said but from a monkey :astag: May Allah guide us to the right way and grant us Jannatul Firdous. Ameen.

And I'm not talking about caterpillars, I'm talking about sea creatures turning into land creatures and birds losing their wings, or land creatures getting wings, and humans coming from monkeys.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

I believe Evolution was a theory or rather a plan hatched up from Shaytaan to make people forget or rather reject the the existence of Allah (SWT). That is how shaytaan get the people, making them believe Allah (SWT) does not exist and that is why Evolution was put there. So people could say I wasn't made from a clot like Allah said but from a monkey :astag: May Allah guide us to the right way and grant us Jannatul Firdous. Ameen.

And I'm not talking about caterpillars, I'm talking about sea creatures turning into land creatures and birds losing their wings, or land creatures getting wings, and humans coming from monkeys.

brother just wondering does it say in Quran that land creatures and birds and all that they didn't evolve?
thanx :)

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
brother just wondering does it say in Quran that land creatures and birds and all that they didn't evolve?
thanx :)

Subhana'Allah! I never read it in the Qur'an where Allah (SWT) mentions that. I read in the Qur'an where Allah (SWT) states that he created organisms with two, four legs, and some that go about on their stomachs.

Let say evolution is real, it totally negates the Hawwa and Adam (AS) story. I mean think, they were not monkeys and they were the first people on Earth. Then there offspring Cain and Abel, monkeys? Honestly Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an he fashioned us from clay, he did not say we evovled from monkeys nor did the Prophet (AS) say that we did.

Therefore, I believe that it was a plan to take Allah (SWT) out of the equation and make us forget him. Alhamdullilah the plan failed on some people.

EDIT: And Allah (SWT) said He has PERFECTED our Religion and has left Nothing out, and surely Allah (SWT) speaks the truth ameen.

Allahu Alam

zeeshan159

Assalam-O-Alikum,
Allah SWT mentions in the Quran that he 'created' man not 'evolved' man in the best of forms. Allah's creation is perfect. It does not require modifications as man made things. Allah's creation can adapt to its surrounding environment by changes in the physiology. The very notion on which theory of evolution is based is wrong. By suggesting that the whole creation on this earth started from a uni cellular organism and then evolved over time to the most complex being (humans) is preposterous. Species do not change to other species. The basic physiology of each type of species has been determined at the time of its creation.
Wallah-O-Alam
Wassalam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Subhana'Allah! I never read it in the Qur'an where Allah (SWT) mentions that. I read in the Qur'an where Allah (SWT) states that he created organisms with two, four legs, and some that go about on their stomachs.

Let say evolution is real, it totally negates the Hawwa and Adam (AS) story. I mean think, they were not monkeys and they were the first people on Earth. Then there offspring Cain and Abel, monkeys? Honestly Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an he fashioned us from clay, he did not say we evovled from monkeys nor did the Prophet (AS) say that we did.

Therefore, I believe that it was a plan to take Allah (SWT) out of the equation and make us forget him. Alhamdullilah the plan failed on some people.

EDIT: And Allah (SWT) said He has PERFECTED our Religion and has left Nothing out, and surely Allah (SWT) speaks the truth ameen.

Allahu Alam

brother :) i told you that humans coming from monkeys that a total theory no real way to proove it just some ppl stress it out cuz they have to complete the chain but its not true as many evolutionist will tell you. humans are totally separate, but please help me here i think there is a story in Quran where one of the nations were turned into Monkeys right? So the scientist could be seeing so many similarities in monkey and human based on that Please help me out here but NO WAY humans came from any animal and we can see that.

Surah Nooh, 71 verse 14

"'What is the matter with you, that ye place not your hope for kindness and long-suffering in Allah,-

So Allah (swt) tells us he created us from diverse stages, thats simple and plain evolution thats wat it is about not monkey leading to man and all that please try to understand we all are evolving without evolving we wud die, we evolve by being immune to diseases and better adjusting to env. thats wat evolution is as i pointed out before
thx :)

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Don't worry about the monkey/ape stuff...it's all false....we have proof...there are still monkeys out there! :SMILY82:

Salaam,

Exactly. The theory of evolution states that creatures will adapt or die. So if we evolved from apes then there would be no more apes as they needed to adapt (become human) or die. So if they adapted to make us, why did they not die off? The ones that remained apes? This is the HUGE gap in the theory and why Darwin himself said there was a flaw to his theory.

I do not doubt we have the ability to adapt and even mutate helpful adaptations. (though most mutations are harmful) But to say we adapt to the point of changing species simply is wrong, and the science proves it.

Wasalaam

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
aslam o alikum Ali~
I just want to say something im doing major specialization in evolution and i never felt like evolutioin was against Islam ... people have a lot of misconception when ppl think of evolution they think humans came from apes but they misnderstand it that is just a theory based on the DNA .... and its just a theory Evolution is not about that. If you ask a evolutionist (like me) he will tell you that evolution is about studyiing how different things help species adapt to different environments. and if you study carefully your know how beautifully Allah (swt) made everything, things never happen without the help of Allah (swt) in evolution i find so much beautify of Allah (swt) things are so perfectly designed by him, the things like DNA replication errors that we think are so bad they actually help species sometimes who do you think makes that happen Allah obviously. can humans make that happen no, almost everytime we mess up a lil with the genes things go really bad totally hay wire, but when Allah (swt) wants things go great. Evolution is all about adapting to new environments we go thru stages and Allah swt made us go thru these stages and Alhumdulilah Allah tells us about evolution in Quran why do you reject evolution then???

there are many places i cud have a huge lecture on Quran and Evolution and the beauty of Allah swt thru evolution but i will list one verse.

Surah Nooh, 71 verse 14

Christians are rejecting evolution cuz as soon as u start reading Genesis you are given the idea how creation took place which is contradictory to science, I think we all should study evolution and Quran better and dont follow others.
I reject the theory that humans came from apes
If you guyz have any questions pm me or ask here i wud love to talk

To the Ayah Where Allah (SWT) says He created us in Stages, He means how we were created from the Nutfah and so on. Like it say in Surah Qiyama, Ayah 37-38:

37. Had he not been a sperm from semen emitted?

38. Then he was a clinging clot, and (Allah) created (his form) and proportioned him.

And the tafsir to Surah Nuh Ayah 14:

(While He has created you (in) Atwar (stages).) It has been said that this means from a drop of sperm, then from a hanging clot, then from a lump of flesh. Ibn `Abbas, `Ikrimah, Qatadah, Yahya bin Rafi`, As-Suddi and Ibn Zayd, all said this.

wa Allahu Alam