When Is The Ten Days Of fasting begining???

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum

Does anybody know when the Ten days of fasting will begin or even if i have missed it? its for the people that didnt go to Hajj right and can anybody please inform me about this fasting?

Jaza kallahu khair in advance :hijabi:

wa salam

muslimah-2k8

December 2008
6th-11th - Hajj Days (8-13 Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
7th - Day of Arafat (9th Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
8th - Eid al-Adha (10th Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
29th - Islamic New Year (1 Muharram 1430 H.)

The Astronomical New Moon is on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 16:55 Universal Time (i.e., 11:55 am EST, and 8:55 am PST ). This crescent moon is impossible to be seen anywhere in the world on November 27. On November 28, 2008, it is sightable in Australia, Part of Southern Africa, and South & Central Americas. In North America, on November 28, chances of visibility are very slim with naked eye (e.g., in San Diego, CA at sunset, the moon is only 3 degrees above horizon, and is setting 38 minutes after sunset). So if it is seen on November 28, Eid-ul-Adha in North America will be December 8 (Monday).
For North America, ISNA has decided to go with Saudi's announcement on Hajj such that the next day will be Eid-al-Adha, which is expected to be on December 8 (Monday), unless Saudi announced Hajj on December 6, and then Eid-al-Adha will be on December 7 (Sunday).

In UK, according to a Fatawa from Deoband, India, Eid-al-Adha is expected to be on December 8 (Monday), but most places in UK follow the Saudi announcement. According to sighting, in Australia, and IndoPak subcontinent, Eid-al-Adha is expected to be on December 9 (Tuesday), Insha-Allah.

source:http://moonsighting.com/1429zhj.html

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Sister...Inshallah they will begin on the 29th of November...

Just make sure you fast for *9 days*...because you cannot fast on a Eid day..it is haram...

and make sure that you concentrate most of your worship during the day because unlike Ramadhan..in this period it is the *day* time where worship is strongly encouraged..and make a lot of dua'a as well especially on *the day of Arafa*...

May Allah give you, me, and all of our brothers and sisters the chance to fast these days and earn their ajer to the fullest..inshallah..

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
December 2008
6th-11th - Hajj Days (8-13 Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
7th - Day of Arafat (9th Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
8th - Eid al-Adha (10th Dhul-Hijjah 1429 H.)
29th - Islamic New Year (1 Muharram 1430 H.)

The Astronomical New Moon is on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 16:55 Universal Time (i.e., 11:55 am EST, and 8:55 am PST ). This crescent moon is impossible to be seen anywhere in the world on November 27. On November 28, 2008, it is sightable in Australia, Part of Southern Africa, and South & Central Americas. In North America, on November 28, chances of visibility are very slim with naked eye (e.g., in San Diego, CA at sunset, the moon is only 3 degrees above horizon, and is setting 38 minutes after sunset). So if it is seen on November 28, Eid-ul-Adha in North America will be December 8 (Monday).
For North America, ISNA has decided to go with Saudi's announcement on Hajj such that the next day will be Eid-al-Adha, which is expected to be on December 8 (Monday), unless Saudi announced Hajj on December 6, and then Eid-al-Adha will be on December 7 (Sunday).

In UK, according to a Fatawa from Deoband, India, Eid-al-Adha is expected to be on December 8 (Monday), but most places in UK follow the Saudi announcement. According to sighting, in Australia, and IndoPak subcontinent, Eid-al-Adha is expected to be on December 9 (Tuesday), Insha-Allah.

source:http://moonsighting.com/1429zhj.html

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572

Asalamu alaykum jaza kallahu khairan sis i thought i missed it alhamdulilah thats a relief :tti_sister:

Thanks again:hearts:

wa salam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Sister...Inshallah they will begin on the 29th of November...

Just make sure you fast for *9 days*...because you cannot fast on a Eid day..it is haram...

and make sure that you concentrate most of your worship during the day because unlike Ramadhan..in this period it is the *day* time where worship is strongly encouraged..and make a lot of dua'a as well especially on *the day of Arafa*...

May Allah give you, me, and all of our brothers and sisters the chance to fast these days and earn their ajer to the fullest..inshallah..

:wasalam:

Asalamu alaykum sister iam confused now i live in england so do i start on Nov 28 or 29th i am not sure????

jaza kallahu khairan for your post i wasnt sure if it was 10 or 9 thanks i understand that part :hijabi:

Ameeen to ur dua inshallah i hope to fast and i hope ALLAH will accept it from us all and shower his mercy and forgiveness on us Ameen:tti_sister: