where is my signature?

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum

When I am typing a reply to something my sig shows on the bottom when I "preview post", yet it never shows up (at least I can't see it). According to my User CP its there...

I'm confused...

Thanks!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullah,

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but your signature will only be view-able to non-members. When you sign in as a member, you can't view the signature.

Maybe the mods can clarify it better.

Not sure why, but your question brought a smile. :)

Was-salaam.

DanyalSAC

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullah,

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but your signature will only be view-able to non-members. When you sign in as a member, you can't view the signature.

Maybe the mods can clarify it better.

Not sure why, but your question brought a smile. :)

Was-salaam.

My signature is only visible to non-members? What on earth is the point in that? I never noticed until just now (I logged out and indeed, there be my sig. How odd).

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum brother Danyal,

Go to 'User CP' placed on the top of the homepage. In the 'User CP' left sided panel, select 'Edit options' under 'Settings and Options'.

If you scroll down, you will find the 'Thread Display options'. Tick the box that says 'Display signatures'. Then, 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page.

It should work InshaAllah. :)

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
^^BrotherinIslam, I don't think I've ever seen the members' signature when I sign in as a member.

Yeah, its quite odd, because I used to wonder what is it at the bottom of other's post that I view whenever I didnt sign in as a member. Then I realized its actually the signature (didnt know about it because I dont have any). Hmnn.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
^^BrotherinIslam, I don't think I've ever seen the members' signature when I sign in as a member.
:salam2:

Sister Aisya (see.. I got it right this time), I think brother Mabsoot by default has disabled the signatures from showing for members while signed in. This could be due to the reason that some members have quite elaborate signatures and on a discussion thread it would really look awkward. One wouldn't be able to quickly scroll down and see what everyone has said and the numerous signatures might not go well for the 'flow' of the thread. This has been done on many other forums by default btw.

If you want to view signatures while you are signed in, just try what I have mentioned in my previous post. It should show up InshaAllah.

DanyalSAC

Salaamalaykum brother Danyal,

Go to 'User CP' placed on the top of the homepage. In the 'User CP' left sided panel, select 'Edit options' under 'Settings and Options'.

If you scroll down, you will find the 'Thread Display options'. Tick the box that says 'Display signatures'. Then, 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page.

It should work InshaAllah. :)

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Thank you brother this worked!