Where to buy halal yeast

hopintobelucky

Assalamoalaikum,

I would like to buy some halal yeast but it isn't available in my place. Do you know where I can buy halal yeast so that I can make me some halal bread coz there isn't any halal bread available here either. Online shop would be just fine.

Thank you & may your day be filled with Allah's blessings:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Yeah in a supermarket sister. It is halal according to the Quran and Sunnah.

There is nothing wrong with eating bread made with yeast. The yeast (khameerah) that is added to the dough does not come under the heading of khamr (intoxicant) that is haraam, and does not have any effect of causing intoxication or languor, especially since cooking it with fire alters the yeast completely, so that it no longer has any effect.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked:

How should we respond to the ruling on the yeast that they put in flour to help leaven it and make it easy to cook, as some people say that it is khamr and it is not permissible to use it?

He replied:

My response to that is that there is nothing wrong with putting yeast in the dough for the purpose of leavening it, because this does not affect it at all. Moreover, I do not think that this yeast would cause intoxication if a person were to eat it. The basic principle concerning all foods and drinks and clothing is that they are permissible, unless it is proven that they are haraam, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He rose over (Istawa) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything”

[al-Baqarah 2:29].

So there is nothing wrong with putting yeast in the dough to leaven it.

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb (tape 70, side b)

And Allah knows best.

hudha

Yeast used in food (make bread) is not considered as haram, as they don't cloud or obscure the intellect. But when yeast is added to your food or drink in terms of intoxication then it's haram. :) everything that Allah created becomes halal & haram according to the purpose and intention. :dua:

hopintobelucky

Thank you for your replies. However I wish to clarify my initial question. I do know that it is permissable to use yeast but there is some yeast that is halal and some which contain some emulsifiers and other things which make them haram. The thing is that I can't find any halal yeast where I live.
Many thanks

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum, have you considered making your own starter for the bread? Depending on the type of bread you are baking, it seems like a great idea.

Paul Hollywood is perhaps the best baker to show how to make the best breads:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Thank you for your replies. However I wish to clarify my initial question. I do know that it is permissable to use yeast but there is some yeast that is halal and some which contain some emulsifiers and other things which make them haram. The thing is that I can't find any halal yeast where I live.
Many thanks

assalamu alaykum sister,

where do you live? Have you tried some dried active yeast?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

For bread yeast is not even needed. You need water, salt and flour. Mix them together and bake.

I have baked many times kind of bread.

:SMILY105: your Chef here

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
Salam alaykum

For bread yeast is not even needed. You need water, salt and flour. Mix them together and bake.

I have baked many times kind of bread.

:SMILY105: your Chef here

assalamu alaykum sister Chef mashallah,

do you cook it on a pan? Cause the one I make yeast free is on a pan.... please do share your recipes!!!! :) jazakillahu khayran

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Jazakillahu khayran sis! What about using some chickpea flour instead than eggs?