Wheres the Unity?, Piety Vs Culture

Ferrari1981

Ok someone just randomly asked me a question and to be honest I aint gotta clue how to answer so I leave it to you folks!

Need some info: where to be directed?

"Whats the chances of a pious Pakistani boy marrying a pious Gujarati Surti girl (UK), (according to some sources) apparently surtis look down on Pakistanis and that South Africans are more open minded on this matter, what do you think?!?"

People say if you get rejected you should quit and marry your own kind, but why? Anything is attainable if you work for it, nothing is impossible. Dreams are there to give you an idea about what you want/need in the future so why give up on them if one nation says no, wheres the unity in Muslims today...

Responses so far:
Toronto, ON
my opinion, it doesnt matter if the boy and girl are pious, man its this stupid cultural boundary for guji's, u only marry another guji.. thas what thier parents say.. iunno if any1 else has it any dif, but my guess is that there is very lil chance of a pakistani of marrying a guji, only way it can happen is if the parents are open mindded or u really impress them.

UK Memi
to a certain extent i agree with Toronto, ON, it is just a cultural thing. but i wouldnt generalise to say that all surti's look down on pakistani's wen it comes to marriage because i hav seen guji's getting married to pakistani's and parents r fine with it. it depends on individual families and what they value more - their piety or their culture.

London Dedat
I say it's a bit of both...... my dad has given me free reign to marry whomever I choose (as long as he's muslim of course). My mother says you should marry your own kind... Maybe I have the best of both worlds...

More responses to come...

najbc

I believe Pakistani boy marry a pious Gujarati Surti girl has the same chance as he or she would have if marrying a person who is from their nationality. I do not know if it is pity or culture but I think it depend on the two people. let is be honesty, our parents tell us to not do things and sometimes we do, so I believe if we truly love someone we will marry them no matters what anyone say as culture or parents. The parents will accept as long as the person is Muslim or is willing to become Muslim. So, maybes the decision has nothing to do with pity or culture but the preference of the person regardless of how they were raise or what they were taught. The heart does what is good for it, so it has its own power. You know in life we fight for what we can, :SMILY286:so my parents will not let me marry someone else from other nationality is crap and an excuse to get out. Do not stand there and tell me you never did not something stupid that your parents were against it. Every parents wants their kids happy and it does not matter how much they hate their kids decision, they will be okay with it as long as it makes the kids happy. so stop using your parents or culture believe as an excuse and step it up to take responsibly for your action