Which Sister Is More Pious/Virtuous.?

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah..

Now i need your opinion.Which sister among these do you feel is more pious,virtouos or having more taqwa & why?

Case-A:
She's a sister who has been born in a muslim family.She knows all about hijab & wears it.However she breaks many hijab rule,befriends boys in school/college,takes part in dance competition & so on.

Case-B:
She's a sister who has been born in a muslim family.Nobody in her family wears hijab.She doesn't care much about it.However when she sees a religious person/attends religious functions she covers her head.

Case-C:
She's a sister who has reverted to islam.Knows all about hijab.Despite her desire to wear it she's unable to do that coz of her family members/job etc.Whenever she steps out of the house guilt harrases her mind.She always asks Allah for help.

Case-D: (Just the last one...don't get frustrated.:)..)

She's a sister who has been born in a muslim family.Unaware of the concept of hijab.Wears it because her mom asked her to do so.However sometimes she feels the urge to remove it so as to become a social butterfly.

Walaikumassalaam sister,

Case A : - What's the use of wearing hijab then, when she breaks the rules?? and dance competition? :O :p
Case B : - Its tantamount to not wearing it in first place. She shouldn't wear it just cox others will talk something (or) they will say something. She should wear it for Allah(SWT)
Case C : - The BEST. She wants to follow what Allah(SWT) has told her to, but due to certain circumstances she is not able too and the feeling of "guilt" - MashaAllah. Sincere repentance :) :)
Case D : - Ahhh.. Wears it cox of family tradition. Lack of Knowledge about deen/less curiosity to find out the reason why she is wearing it.. I would say comparatively lesser amount to taqwa.

For the cases you have mentioned, hands down CASE C is the winner.!! :SMILY346:

But personally - I am no one to comment about anybody's taqwa. Its between Allah(SWT) and the person. :)

Thankyou :)
Peace :)
Allah Hafiz :)

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah..

I'm putting below some of the cases of women regarding hijab.We come across these women everywhere.Maybe you have met/seen them all.Who knows?

Now i need your opinion.Which sister among these do you feel is more pious,virtouos or having more taqwa & why?

Case-C:
She's a sister who has reverted to islam.Knows all about hijab.Despite her desire to wear it she's unable to do that coz of her family members/job etc.Whenever she steps out of the house guilt harrases her mind.She always asks Allah for help.

Alright i'm done.What do you think?

asalaam aleykum;
Our dear sister in Islam;
Please allow me going for 'C' and because .
She always asks Allah for help.
:salah:

strive-may-i

Walaikum Ssalaam,

I gave it a thought. Then went away, and am back with the critics hat. Feeling courageous.. Ahem

Sister, to suit the thread title ....
There should be atleast one more category CASE-E to suit the thread title for completeness.

You could group the categories. i will be back once case-e is in :)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Walaikum Ssalaam,

I gave it a thought. Then went away, and am back with the critics hat. Feeling courageous.. Ahem

Sister, to suit the thread title ....
There should be atleast one more category CASE-E to suit the thread title for completeness.

You could group the categories. i will be back once case-e is in :)

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmathullah....

well lemme help my sis MuslimShadow to bring sisters in Case-E and i think those sisters in this category is more pious and virtuous.

CASE-E
She is a sister who was born in a muslim family and who doesnot wear hijab because that is what she learned from her families and society and she didnt gave a thought to it. But when she heard or read about the importnce and obligatory of wearing a hijab and also the punishment to be faced in the hereafter. She willingly and upon her own wish and for the sake of Allah she started to wear hijab modestly. And she begins to love it just to please Allah alone.

now i guess one more case can arise.

Case F:
She is a non muslim sister and who opposes hijab wearing sisters and with a feeling there is noo freedom for them.
But when she went deeper into it and was awakened by the beauty of hijab and how islam protect the women folk. She accepted islam just by knowing that and started to wear dress modestly.

i hope the case brother strive-may-i asked for belongs to any of this

jazakallah khairan :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Case C, because one day she'll wear it, and wear it better than the others, InshaAllah.

And Case E - you'll now find many Case E's in the world.

kalamazoo

asalaam aleykum wa Rahmatu Llah.

and that is WHY i like this forum,
OPEN MINDED people to discuss and share.

thanks.

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Ah well, such cases, these case are. That if i am not fair with the cases, against my name , would be filed a case!

So,
Case G:
G for Girl ... ?

Case-G:
None of above. God knows best, we dont judge. (Sine Allah Knows best about whats in the heart of every being!!)

Okay well since its about More Pious... And absolute standards are always good, lets order it?

Case G,
Case F/Case E,
Case C.
Case C is on the way to being Case F... So we need an intermediate

Case H:

Whenever Sister at 'Case-C' gets a chance, does not miss it.

That leaves out one more case (okay hold on... )
Case-J:

A sister, who simply knew its importance right from childhood, upholds it, leads by example and there are such ones also among us

So again correcting the order
- Case-G
- Case-J/Case-F/Case-E/Case-H/
- Case-C

And from the opposite gender, needless to say, Brother version should apply to me also. So each one of us is responsible for Case-'I'

May Almighty guide us, and give us the means , strength and community environment that facilitates Case-'I' ..... Ameen.

------------------------------------ updated -------------------------------

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Ah well, such cases, this case is. That if i am not fair with the cases, against my name, would be filed a case!

So,
Case G:
G for Girl ... ?

Case-G:
None of above. we dont judge, assign the case to God, Allah knows best. (Sine Allah Knows best about whats in the heart of every being!!)

Okay well since its also about becoming better... And absolute standards are always good to chase, lets order it?

Case C is on the way to being Case F... So we need an intermediate
Case J: Whenever Sister at 'Case-C' gets a chance, does not miss it. (Just almost there, InshaAllah )

That leaves out one more case (okay hold on... )
Case-H:
A sister, who simply knew Hijab (and modesty's) importance right from childhood, upholds it, leads by example ( and they too are among us )

So the preferred order would be
- Case-G (God)
-
Case-J/
Case-F/Case-E/Case-H/Case-C

And being from the opposite gender, needless to say, Brother version would apply to me. So each one of us is responsible for Case-'I'

May Almighty guide us, and give us the means , strength and community environment that facilitates each Case-'I'
(Individual) ..... Ameen.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum,

I dont know why I always feel the same way when people bring up such questions. Maybe because im case E.
My answer - its none of your business. Ranking a woman on what you see and what you think about her AS COMPARED TO OTHER WOMEN? for what? what does it matter to you? That is between her and Allah END!

kalamazoo

Asalamualykum,

I dont know why I always feel the same way when people bring up such questions. Maybe because im case E.

My answer - its none of your business. Ranking a woman on what you see and what you think about her AS COMPARED TO OTHER WOMEN? for what? what does it matter to you? That is between her and Allah END!

wa aleykum salaam.

as i understood what sister meant as "encouraging' the ones who did not put on-but wished and due to certain circumstances as such.

As the thread link below

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88010&p=571791#post571791

it is as a 'check list' so we could amend ours ways as far as we are alive.

:inshallah:

Shak78

Assalam alakium,

I find threads like this somewhat frustrating that some simply judge a woman on whether she wears hijab or not. They don't know the reason she does or does not, how she feels ect. The fact that they look at a Muslim woman whether she has hijab as the end all for a Muslimah needs to be addressed. No one has the right to judge other then Allah yet many men and women do that. Wearing hijab for a woman is not the end all be all for them.

strive-may-i

The Aayat referred by Brother Kalamazoo in http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88010&p=571791&viewfull=1#post571791 is way better, measure for a Moomin to follow:
"Most certainly those Believers have attained true success -1- who-2-perform their Salat with humility-3-who refrain from vain things-4- who spend their Zakat dues in appropriate ways-5-who guard their private parts scrupulously-6-except with regard to their wives and those women who are legally in their possession, for in that case they shall not be blame-worthy, but those, who go beyond this (in lust for sexual desires), shall be transgressors:-7-who are true to their trusts and their promises-8-and who strictly guard their Prayers-9-These are the heirs who will inherit Paradise-10-and dwell therein for ever-11" [Qur'an 23:1-11]

And,
Ibraaheem al-Harbee said,
‘I heard Ahmad (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal) say, ‘If you love that Allaah should keep you upon that which you love, then remain upon that which He loves, and the good is in the one who sees no good in himself.”

Umar (R) Said
"Bring yourself to account before you are brought to account. And weigh your deeds before your deeds are weighed."

May Allah guide us.

May be the thread title - 'Which Sister Is More Pious/Virtuous.?' needs a correction. Was it phrased thus just to seek attention?...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

First thing first. Hijab is mandatory. There is no going around on the subject. It is.

Now, let's cut out the nonsense of this thread. Let us make dua that the noor of Allah subhana taala be upon us and wish the same for our sisters and brothers.

Piety is a gift from the Creator. It can not be hidden as it is Light. It can not be faked as only that which is from Allah subhana wa taala is True.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

A thread really of notmyinterest 'cos of this pick and choose central idea here, but I thought I should post:

Give the sister a break you guys!

She clearly didn't just say which is pious,

case A: "Hijaabi"

and

case B: "Non Hijaabi".

She gave whatever reasons she could think of, for which people wrap a cloth round their heads. It's a good thing to discuss, many seriously don't know what a hijaab is or why should it be there. It's about how people judge these days. A girl in hijaab doing all sorts of haram thinks she's better simply 'cos she's wearing hijaab. And there she is, attacking others. This thread is trying to sum up importance of hijaab along with being a muslim and not:

Hijaabi=Muslim and everything is kufr.

So yeah, give her a break.

OP, way to go! May Allaah reward you for your intentions and for whatever good came out of this thread.

haya1

Asslamualikum wa rehmatulahy wa barakatohu
i will go for "C" because she knows that hijab is important and she is willing to wear it but just because of the society where she lives cant wear it.. so i think from all these cases in which all are born in muslim families.. she is best:)

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu..

sorry for the late response i was busy with my college classes.

Eveyone jazakallah khairan for your opinions and feedback.I respect each and every member's response.That's exactly what i was looking for.

Clarification : the question i posed here was which sister is more pious among the cases given below when and when only hijab is taken into consideration.Just the hijab.Forget the big picture.Most of the people here opted for case c.And look the one who doesn't even wear the hijab is the pious one.i didn't go for cases like E F or G because i wanted to give the message that a girl should not be jugded just by her hijab only.Many sisters said that and i respect that coz i understand.( duh..i'm a girl).

Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy you read my mind in advance.Thanks for the support.Brother strive i can't even get my own attention leave aside others.That's the only title i could think of at that moment hence i opted for it.If you want me change it then please suggest a new title.:):)

Anyhow ,I learn from others and from my elders.If anybody feels changes need to be made in the thread then i'm willing to change it.Just simply tell me where i made the mistake.

strive-may-i

...........I respect each and every member's response........... Respect when reflective and Disrespect when reactive. No, again am not pointing at anyone, it happens. And, May allah keep us calm in such moments... Ameen

.........when only ________ is taken into consideration.Just the ________Forget the big picture.
Forget big picture, leads to a broken plot which will never be complete. Its always good to have the big picture (intention) in mind and if its lacking, first ask, know and insist on the big picture. Agreed it takes effort, but its worth it. There are very few people, situations, which does not warrant asking the big picture question. The Hijabi question, is again because somehow we (as a observer, practitioners) forget or lack the Bigger picture of reality of life?
Lacking bigger picture:'When only Hijab(clothing) is taken into consideration, the person is left out. So what left to judge!' Right :)

Case-C
The flaw with Case-C support is that others would not know about such a person, unless privy to the reversion. So, even if a person was sitting next to you in the classroom, you would not know. The Case-H [always been Hijabi(modest)] is interesting because, what made this child end up being modest. Am not even suggesting Case-H was born in Muslim family, or maybe she was born in muslim family, which does not practise!. 'Many who revert' and 'few born in muslim family', tend to exhibit the trait right from childhood (dont conclude the 'many who revert' are more in count than the 'few born in muslim family'). We can only observe and be inspired by it. There was a research (yeah once again! but this time to portray negatively), and it was reported many who revert, had a spiritual bend all throughout their pre-reversion stage. Though Islam is for community also, the relationship between Creator and us, is direct.

I heard of a revert, who always liked to hear Quran when small, grew up, got job, reached middle age, and a sudden change, accepted Islam. And there was another, who was still being called by the non-muslim name, by the closest of friends, but was a revert for many many years, right from school! Hope, you get the drift...?

Clearly the thread responses see it either as 'End State' or 'Current State'
If its seen as state ie current state of person, then its a question of less preferred to more preferred..., giving hope for a better future. I keep out Virtuous/ Pious question because, Thats an end state and we are most likely going to be wrong if we decide to be the judge.

So yeah, give her a break.
Sister, no am not done yet... It looks like imitating by wearing Hijab (way one dresses) is culture in some place. Thats the conclusion we could arrive at?!

Brother strive i can't even get my own attention leave aside others
I lack and lag. Am not a judge. It was all about joining hands and covering all the possibilities.

A thread title, should be apt, even though not eye catching( I will stress on that ). We are conditioned by competitive mindset out there to always compare...? Hence one more, to unlearn maybe!

All, in the spirit of joining hands (and neither grabbing shoulders, nor clenched fists), How about the title 'Miss-Judged Hijabi's ?'...

Jazakallaahu Khairan.