Which surahs have you memorised?

booya

:salam2:
I have been very lazy in memorising surahs and inshaAllah I will start memorising again (and encouraging you brother and sisters to come along).

I have yet to learn to read Arabic/Tajweed, but I have memorised a few surahs. Obviously my pronounciation is not perfect, but I try as best as I can to follow the reciter. The website that is VERY helpful is http://www.transliteration.org.

So far I have memorised: Al-Fatihah obviously :D, Al-Ikhlaas, An-Naas, Al-Maun, Al-Falaq, An-Nasr, Al-Asr, Al-Kawthar, Al-Kafirun. InshaAllah I'll memorise more surahs so I can get more focus and not get bored with the same surahs when I do salaah:salah:.

Any suggestions for easy surahs to add?

When I first learned I chose surahs that are short, but later I realize that the short ones do not always mean they're easy. I enjoy memorising Al-Maun although it's not that short because I like the meaning. Please advise if you have any tips.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum

MashaAllah your intention that you wanna memorise is already rewarded insyaAllah.

You may start memorizing Juzu' 30 sincr they're all short surahs. After memorizing that you may want to try Surah Al-Mulk, Al-Waqiah or Surah Yaseen.

Memorizing the Holy Book of Allah needs a lot of patience. Its like building a house. The foundation has to be firm. And finally, your intention has to be only for Allah.

May Allah enables you to memorize His Book for His sake. Ameen.

fada_all

salam alikum wa rahmatu allah taala wa barakatuh,

its seems intertesting to me too , im in fact alhamdoluallah memorising the short surah from childhood , yet im trying hardly insha allah to memorise the long ones

frankly memorising the holy Qur'an seem at first a ha

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,I started memorizing the shortest surats,but I took awareness that longer surats are maybe easier to memorize.open your Quran in arabic language and open the Quran in the language you speake.if you uderstand the meaning of verses in your language,it will be easy to memorize it in arabic.I did so and I memorized surat Ar-rahman complitely.now it is printed in my heart,I know also surat az-zalzala,al-kafirun,ayat maryam,ayat kursy,the 35 first verses of surat al-baqara,an-nas,al-falaq,-al-maoun,al ikhlas,al-asr,al-kawthar,an-nasr,at-takwir,al-qadr...but I still have a lot to do.

fada_all

salam alikum wa rahmatu allah taala wa barakatuh,

its seems intertesting to me too , im in fact alhamdoluallah memorising the short surah from childhood , yet im trying hardly insha allah to memorise the long ones

frankly memorising the holy Qur'an seems at first a hard task that need much more paitence ,yet as you start you enjoy it so much masha allah:ma:

arzafar

wait till you reach 104) Sūrat Al-Humazah

It is short and seemingly easy but i just cant seem to retain it.

believer4life

soul searching...
unfortunatley for all of my 16 years of existence i memorised surat nas to mursalat, but now i'm slowly forgetting everything because ther is no good (i mean i have'nt memorised or learned anything in my most recent quran class) quran classes where i live.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it's impossible to forget the words of Allah,cause they are printed in your heart.if you read more times a poem maybe you'll memorize,but after some time you'll forget it,but the Quran is something that goes beyond our intentions,so don't give up.let your mind always be on training,and in sh Allah you'll be able to keep each word of Quran,you can do it alone too!Me I'm Italian,but I little by little studied arabic language,read Italian translation of Quran4 times and learnt everything alone.no teacher gave me any aid,cause my intention to learn it is too strong to wait that someone else could help me.don't give up

dian

Assalamualaikum,
Masha Allah. You do great job, may Allah reward you. I memorize Al qur'an too. I started from juz 30 then juz 29 now I am memorizing juz 28. From my experience, if you memorize qur'an, just use one mushaf and don't change the mushaf. the writing in alqur'an will be remembered by your memory and if you change mushaf your memory will be confused. Listen to recitaton of qur'an ( from mp3). it helps very much. And if possible learn arabic. It makes a lot easier to memorize if you understand what you memorize. I learn arabic. And since I understand Arabic I memorize Al qur'an faster than before.
Hope you continue to memorize till you remember 30 juz. I hope I can do it too.
Wassalam.

4mMadara2Amina

As Salam Alykom :)

Hmm as I am just a beginner and Arabic is not my language either English not for now I have memorised those surahs : Surah al-Fatiha, Surah al-Ikhlas, Surah al-Kafiroon, Surah al-Falakh, Surah an-Naas, At tashahud (wish I said corectly) and also Darood Ibrahimi. Now INSHALLAH am going to learn Dua-kanoot =)))))))))))):tti_sister: