White Box instead of Video? Means No Flash

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

If you see a white box or the videos do not appear on the website, then this means you do not have Macromedia Flash installed. This is a special program which allows you to see video/animation on internet

To have it work, download it from here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

yaqubkhan

THE STRANGER
AA BROTHER MASBOOT...
I WAS WONDRING IF WE CAN PUT THE VIDEOS FROM ISLAMICTUBE.NET ON HERE...??

WASSALLAM

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

No, there dozen such sites.. we can not add them all, its better if you look for the same video etc on youtube or video google.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I can see the videos posted in the official video section, but some member contributed videos are white boxed.

Bad uploading?

Mikaeel

I can see the videos posted in the official video section, but some member contributed videos are white boxed.

Bad uploading?
There can be some other factors that can cause some links not to show. If you notice a post with a video not showing, you might paste its link into this thread so one of the forum staff members can look into it.

I like those Linux penguins too!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2: geeks

haa, joking!

sometimes people dont make the youtube link thing properly, so it messes up.

maybe i can make it easier, but it is already not so difficult!

Mikaeel

Definitely not a geek on this end. Well, maybe not a geek on this end. :)

Have you looked into some of the recent Linux distributions? I use Ubuntu 7.10 and it is actually user-friendly. The days of using a Command Line Interface for everything are going away. The terminal still comes in handy, but you can do nearly everything in a graphical interface these days.

As for your video insertion code, I use the same code as you on my own sites and the only problem I've found is that some people get confused with what part of the video's URL to include in the BB code.

I really do appreciate the effort you've put into this site. Jazakallahu khayran!

funk999

:wasalam:

No, there dozen such sites.. we can not add them all, its better if you look for the same video etc on youtube or video google.

wow... no exception for an islamic site. I just made a joomla plugin for islamictube and have a mod almost complete for islamictube, its only a few lines of code. But i spose it be one too many here.