Video White, Welsh and Muslim (documentary)

Gr8virtue

Omer Williams and his brother Stuart are both Welsh Muslims. They have converted to Islam and are part of a growing UK trend.

Stuart and his convert wife Kate are expecting their first baby, believing their child will be the first white Welsh-born Muslim. Omer's wife Shereen, meanwhile, experiences Islamophobia first-hand on the streets of Cardiff.

Part-1
[yt]laMYfD5UlHI[/yt]

Part-2
[yt]iPBPhp1zqKs[/yt]

Part-3
[yt]SfbVGAh5DP8[/yt]

Ibn Uthaymin

Mashhallah this is excellent. I was born in Swansea so its nice seeing people from there accept Islam.
walilla - hil - hamd

hana*

i think islamophobia is really bad in england, i dont know about wales though. two of my friends used to live in england and people would swear at them on the streets merely for being muslim. the first time i felt islamophobia was when i went to manchester to visit my aunt and i got all those 'stares'. then in heathrow airport a few years back, two english women made nasty comments to my little sister because she wore hijab, but i never heard them. alhamdulilah its not like that in scotland.

ManchesterNick

Mash'Allah! This is a great story :)

Sure, Islamaphobia has been rife in England and Wales but from what I've seen community relations are really improving as Islamic integration is expanding outside of the traditional Islamic cultures. Again, it's up to us Muslims to set an example to show that Islam is the truth by demonstrating a better way of life. The influences of organisations such as the EDL are really a last ditch attempt to reverse the growing Islamification of Britain.

Scotland is great for Islam, especially Glasgow and Dundee.

hana*

Mash'Allah! This is a great story :)

Sure, Islamaphobia has been rife in England and Wales but from what I've seen community relations are really improving as Islamic integration is expanding outside of the traditional Islamic cultures. Again, it's up to us Muslims to set an example to show that Islam is the truth by demonstrating a better way of life. The influences of organisations such as the EDL are really a last ditch attempt to reverse the growing Islamification of Britain.

Scotland is great for Islam, especially Glasgow and Dundee.

yeah im just thinking, all these attempts to make people hate islam in the Uk and yet people like you become muslim :) and you are absolutely right, we as muslims have a massive role to play to change modern day thinking of islam. theres a growing population of converts in glasgow, they are amazing people. i wish i could set up some daawah organisation to tell the non-muslims about islam.

hana*

sadly there is also alot of islamophobia in Australia aswell.

i love how stupid some of the public is when they swear and make fun of muslims, they all seem to think they do it for attention when its not true.

when i saw that thread about Switzerland i was beginning to think its becoming like that there too.

the problem is though is that they don't like Mosques. the reason why there is more being built is because there are more people that are interested in Islam and they all can't get to a mosque or prayer hall.

i also remember seeing someone mention on here that they live in Ireland and they can't get to one. Im not sure if it was TTI or another website :S

i don't know who that was though.

you are right, we need mosques to cater for the growing population of muslims. although there are several mosques here in glasgow, we have been trying 10 years to get a mosque in our area as there are so many muslims now. however, the council and residents oppose it and then they go build a church, which is empty most of the time. theres even a synagogue and nope no mosque

hana*

no wonder i want to spend more time in Scotland.

England is awful now, not all of it is but i am sick and tired of the trouble makers that just want to bully others because their beliefs are not the same.

i use to get bullied because i never spend my life on the streets vandalising things and swearing.

you must be the only sane person in the whole of wigan :)

people here hang around the streets and at shopping centres with absolutlely nothing to do, thankfully in my area its quiet

ManchesterNick

i mean i wish to do it full time like have conferences and lectures telling people about islam :)

Ah right fair enough! Actually a pharmacist once gave a lecture a couple of years ago about Islam and creation in a debate with a humanist. Alhamdulillah he was a very good speaker! I'll ask brothers at the Masjid tomorrow who he was as they were there at the lecture too.