Who are the HYPOCRITES of our time?

sky_012

:salam2:

i was listenning to surat al-munafequoon where the hypocrites of the time of Our Prophet Muhammad :saw: are described , like they made speeches and pretend to preach islam but inside they wouldn't beleive, they wouldn't like to go to see our prophet Muhammad :saw: so that he could ask forgiveness for their sins because they were too arrogant and in reality and didn't beleice that Our Prophet Muhammad :saw: is the messenger of allah SWT

but these days , who are the hypocrites? of course only Allah SWT knows what we hide in our hearts and if inside we are as pure and good as we pretend to be from outside

but if a person tells for instance to the others not to watch tv or not to listen to music and it happens some times to his person to watch as well, so it means this person is an hypocrite i think :confused:

i was thinking that we have to be very carefull in the way we present ourselves to others and the way we explain things because if for instance we talk well and politely , the person will think we are good person but they don't know how this person behaves with his family or How close this person is to Allah SWT,

sometimes people leave good impression on us but probably they are not close to Allah SWT, does that make them hypocrites?

jazak Allah Khair for replying if you managed to understand my question :confused:
:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
of course only Allah SWT knows what we hide in our hearts and if inside we are as pure and good as we pretend to be from outside

Assalamu Alaykum sister,

Well there you go. You answered the question in that statement. It is not for any Muslim to say which other person is a hypocrite or Munafiq. Only Allah, the most High knows what is in the hearts of a believer.

Also, we must be careful when using any of these sorts of labels.

A Munafiq in Shari'ah sense is different from the english translation that is always made i.e. "Hypocrite".

What you Stated is Not hypocrisy. If someone tells another person to do something and does it themselves, they are not Munafiqun (hypocrites). But, they are sinful for doing that.

There is a fatwa from the major scholars here>

Question:
If I am exhorting my brothers and I warn them against some sins, but I fall into these sins myself, am I to be considered a hypocrite? Please advise me, may Allaah reward you with good.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.​
You have to repent from the sins and exhort your brothers against them. It is not permissible for you to continue committing the sin and not to advise your brothers, because by doing this you are combining two sins. You must repent to Allaah from that, whilst also advising your brothers.

This does not make you a hypocrite, but it does place you in a category which is condemned as blameworthy by Allaah in the aayaat (interpretation of the meaning):

“Most hateful it is with Allâh that you say that which you do not do” [al-Saff 61:3]

“Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allaah) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, while you recite the Scripture! Have you then no sense?” [al-Baqarah 2:44]
From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/268.

The following is a Hadith which is Sahih (authentic) and agreed upon;

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
The Prophet said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.
1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.
2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.
3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.
4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."
(Sahih al Bukhari, Book 2)

(In the narration of Imam Muslim: “He prays and fasts whilst pretending to be a Muslim”)

The hypocrisy mentioned in this Hadith refers to minor hypocrisy, which is the hypocrisy in action; a person outwardly shows this, whilst inside they are the opposite of that. This is not the major hypocrisy; for major hypocrisy is when a person shows outwardly that they have faith in Allah, His Angels, His Prophets and the Day of Judgement, but inside they hide the opposite of what they show (as defined by the people of knowledge - according to Imam Ahmad bin Rajab Al-Hanbali).

We are all the Children of Adam, and none of us are perfect. May Allah forgive us all for any of our sins.

Wasalam.

sky_012

Jazak Allah Khair for the information i found the source and learnt more about that

May Allah SWT protects us from inner evil and seytan Ameen Ameen

i know it's a grave sin to call someone an hypocrite but all my posts even if they are put in a genereal way, they all concern myself ; i wanted to know if i'm in this category :confused:

it's all about sincerity and our inner intentions i can read everywhere

May Allah SWT Grants us sincerity in our hearts after giving us the greatest gift of faith , Ameen

:wasalam:

edit: ok i got the difference between hyprocrisy and the other "not doing what we preech"

rguyah

The matter of Hypocrisy is of very very high importance and is not something that should be brushed off. I recommend every to get "Characteristics of the Hypocrites" by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah.
http://onlineislamicstore.com/b8552.html
http://www.islamguide.dk/lux/product_info.php?Characteristics_of_The_Hypocrytes&products_id=469

30 Signs of the Hypocrites By Shaykh Aa`id `Abdullah al-Qarni
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif]
  1. Falsehood and Lying
  2. Treachery
  3. Showing insolence and licentiousness in argumentation
  4. Breaking one's promise
  5. Laziness in worship
  6. Showing off
  7. Lack of remembrance of Allah
  8. Hastiness in prayer
  9. Slandering those who give themselves freely to good deeds from among the believers and the righteous
  10. Mocking the Qur'an, the Sunnah and the Messenger, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam
  11. The protective oath
  12. Disliking to spend for the sake of Allah
  13. Desertion and abandonment of the Muslims
  14. Originating false rumours and causing sedition
  15. Finding fault with Allah's decree
  16. Bringing down the honour of the righteous
  17. Remaining away from the congregational prayer
  18. Causing mischilef while claiming to establish peace
  19. Outward behaviour contradicting what is in the heart
  20. Fear of unpleasant events, incidents and happenings
  21. False excuses
  22. Commanding the evil and preventing the good
  23. Tying one's hands back out of stinginess
  24. Forgetting Allah
  25. Denial of the promise of Allah and His Messenger
  26. Concern for the outward appearance and neglect of the innner condition
  27. Eloquence, long-winded speech, boasting and bragging
  28. Lack of understanding of the religion
  29. Not sinning in front of the people (due to fear of them) but showing boldness to Allah by committing sins in secrecy
  30. Rejoicing at the affliction of the believers with a calamity and being saddened at their being touched by joy and pleasure
http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/product_info.php?products_id=31
[/FONT]