Who is the reciter?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:bismillah:

:salam2:

I'm trying to work out the name of a certain Egyptian reciter. As well as not having his name, I don't have a recording of him. When I lived in Egypt (may Allaah allow me to return there), every other taxi driver would be tuned into a radio station with his recitation playing, so I'm hoping the brothers and sisters living in Egypt, in Cairo in particular can help me with this.

He's not one of the usual, more popular reciters known to non-Egyptians like Al-Minshaawee, Al-Husaree, `Abd Al-Baasit etc. I believe it is Mahmood `Alee Al-Banna, but need a confirmation!

So to those residing/spent time in Egypt, can you please help me on this one. On this radio station, I'd say that this unknown reciter and Al-Husari were probably the most popular on there.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Ok, I've answered my own question....

I changed the audio link above to a higher quality, more up-to-date one. It was indeed Mahmood `Alee Al-Banna I was looking for. What gave it away is that one of his characteristics is his qasr or shortening of the non-obligatory elongations when reciting.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Wa`alaykum us-salaam warahmatullaah

may Allaah allow you to return to Egypt agian and agian

i'm really sorry to meet you one time only

Really you have good son masha`Allaah

pls send my salam to Othman..i think he forget me :)

about rectier

:) Nice Reciter Masha`Allaah

Here also another link

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Quran&iw_a=view&id=145

<wasalam>

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

No problem, we'll meet again in future inshaa' Allaah. Uthman has forgotten most people (it's been 8 months), but he remembers Egypt and still observes the same mode of living and almost the same diet that he did over there lol. Alhamdulillaah, we hope to return soon.

So yeah, it is Mahmood Al-Banna that I'm thinking of?

Was-salaam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Wa Alaykum Assalam

you are welcome Akhi in any time..Really i'm happy you like come agian

even i'm Egyption didn't like Egypt

yeah brother i think you talk about Mahmood Al-Banna or Mohamed Rafe`at

<wasalam>

muharram23

Staff member
As-Salaamu alaykum

My friend that you met kashmiri in egypt "hamza" he cant wait to go back. What is your experience of Egypt? You were there only few months right? He was there a full year. I know in the beginning he couldnt wait to go back to USA but now he just cant wait to go to egypt. What is your guys upinon? How they treat brothers and sisters on sunnah there?

wassalam