who to tell your Dream about?

Zahwa

:salam2:
well. i have read at many places that we should always share our good dreams with someone who is a well wisher, pious and religious to avail benefits of the dream. but i get confused whom should we share our good dreams with. shoudl it be a friend , our parents or any Molana saheb. Once I asked one molana saheb about dream interpretation but he refused to tell anything.

another query is ; do we get benefits of our good dreams only when we tell someone about what we dreamt or the benefits are bestowed even if we dont share?

Plz help.

Made Sarah

Servant of Allah
Staff member
Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Sister, I'll sum up Ibn Hajar's opinion on how to del with good dreams: that person should praise Allaah for the good dream, first of all, then he / she should feel happy about it and talk about it to those whom he loves (but not to those whom he dislikes). So you can tell about it to your family, your good friends and so forth. Good dreams are glad tidings from Allah Subhanu Wa Ta'ala.

In what the the interpretation of dreams is concerned, it falls into various categories. Maybe the molana saheb was not sure about the category or he did not know how to interpret it, that's why he refused to talk to you about it. Allahu 3allim.

There's a saheeh hadeeth supporting the statement that towards the end of time, most of the dreams will be true. The Prophet Muhammad (SallaAllahu alayhi wasallam) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (Hadeeth Saheeh Bukhaari & Muslim).

So don't worry, as long as you have good dreams, praise Allah Subhanu Wa Ta'ala and share them with the ones you love, In sha Allah.