Why can we talk here????

Nur Sarah

:bismillah::salam2: brothers and sisters...Please forgive me brothers and sisters here at turntoislam.com. However I am a bit confused. Islam teaches us not to mingle or communicate with the opposite sex other then family. But why is it that we can all communicate through here. I know there are no ill intentions present however are we not advised keep distance? I don’t mean to offend anyone however I am just confused. Please correct me if I am wrong?

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:bismillah::salam2: brothers and sisters...Please forgive me brothers and sisters here at turntoislam.com. However I am a bit confused. Islam teaches us not to mingle or communicate with the opposite sex other then family. But why is it that we can all communicate through here. I know there are no ill intentions present however are we not advised keep distance? I don’t mean to offend anyone however I am just confused. Please correct me if I am wrong?

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Sister, We are not not physcially in contact with each other. Kindly have a look at the types of contact:

1- Male person doing Imamat of Men and "Women".
2- Male professor to female students with Niqab.
3- Male shop keeper and female buyer

Muslim women and men are not allowed to communicate for secondary reasons, why? Because it does not put us into fitanah of attraction to opposite marriage and hence pervert relations.

Here on this website, sister or brother is going his personal address and all we know about each other is just age, gender and country/city name. And we just know about each other as Sisters and Brothers.

This is NOT a Datig site.

If you still are not convinced then better read the Islamic history about the brave women who used to fight along with the men in Islam. Please read the story of Umm-Ammarah (RA). She was even better in the Ghazwahs as compared to many male Sahabah Ikraam.

Only forbidden things are:

Visual of Men and Women
Voice of Men and Women
Physical interaction

Here on this site we dont have the above three.

wassalaam.
VE

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Where does Islam teach seclusion to that extent? Thats quite extreme, because the Men and Women would pray in the same Room i n the Masjid at the time of the Prophet :saw:, Aisha (R.A) Mother of the Believers would teach men from behind a screen etc. Various Scholars had female teachers, and women studied with male teachers. Sometimes it is necessity to talk to the opposite sex in the market or outside. To say this is not allowed (i.e. haram) would mean that if someone did do it are commiting a sin. So, it is not haram or not allowed. There is nothing wrong with using a forum such as this.

Of course, this doesnt mean that unrelated men and women sit together or alone. Or that they speak in inappropriate manner.

Wasalamu Alaykum.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Conversation – whether verbally or in writing – between men and women is permissible in and of itself, but it may be a way of falling into the traps of the Shaytaan.

Whoever knows that he is somewhat weak, and is afraid that he may fall into the traps of the Shaytaan, has to refrain from such conversations, in order to save himself.

Whoever is sure that he will be able to remain steadfast, then we think that it is permissible in his case, but there are certain conditions:

The conversation should not be allowed to wander too far from the topic being discussed; or it should be for the purposes of calling others to Islam.

They should not let their voices be soft, or use soft and gentle expressions.

They should not ask about personal matters that have no bearing on the matter being discussed, such as how old a person is, how tall he or she is, or where he or she lives… etc.

Other brothers (in the case of men) or sisters (in the case of women) should take part in the conversation or read the correspondence, so that the Shaytaan will find no way to enter the hearts of the people who are conversing or corresponding.
The conversation or correspondence must be halted immediately if the heart starts to stir with feelings of desire.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

NaXuS

W salaam sister

there r plenty of proof from Islamic history where Mominaat Muslim women have talk through to na Muhram males through their veil.

we should all be modest n all of us male brother should understand the purity of our sisters in faith.

jamilgame

Salam

This is not MSN or any sort of 1 to 1 chat service all ppl all over the world can see your messages, its gonna be kind of the same as saying brothers are not allowed to listen to a sisters if she was to call in to a talk show and ask a question. But if any1 thinks they may get lead astray by shaytan then we should always avoid inshallah.

bashaar

alslam alekom well i could write a book on this but ill stick to the point .Islam has freed women from being treated or looked at as objects however its important not to mix culture with what islam intended to do in case of women all that women not mixing and not talking to men nonesence is mostly a culture issue Islam finally set the rules in which case any brother talking to a sister is more interested in what she has to say and nothing else and if interest arises its probably in a good way and in what God permits us to do and there for women in islam are free and respected not isolated there is nothing in the qura'n that says other wise most of what i understood from what i red is for women to cover and for men to be respectful plus i am really not a fan of setting rules to protect someone from shaytan Islam has done that already inshalah my god guide us to the right way.

jamilgame

Brother as far as i always heared segeration is very important against non-muharram know one sed a brother to say seperate from a brother or a sister to another sister but we dont mix the two.

bashaar

ehehe brother i dont want to turn this thread into an endless argument and the mohrem rules are for when to cover although in some cultures that would mean when to disappear i have researched a lot of the sisters issues for my own knowledge and found out that most of the stuff out there related to the sisters are over the line a clear example to me is this
Previously, women were allowed for haj in groups without a mahram. Among most schools of thought it is accepted that a woman may travel with a group of trustworthy women or even with a trusted woman companion. There is also a view that a woman may travel by herself, provided the way to haj or ‘umrah is safe. The Prophet (s) is reported to have replied to a man who complained about highway robbery, "If you lived long enough you will see that a woman will travel from Hira (in Iraq) and will perform tawaf around Ka’bah, and she will have no fear except that of Allah."

The Qur’an speaks of the peace, security and freedom from fear at Makkah. "Behold, the First Temple ever set up for humankind was indeed the one at Bakkah (Makkah): rich in blessing, and a (source of) guidance unto all the worlds. (It is) the place whereupon Abraham once stood; and whoever enters it finds inner peace and freedom from fear. Hence Pilgrimage unto the Temple is a duty owed to Allah by all people who are able to undertake it. And as for those who deny the truth, verily Allah does not stand in need of anything in all the worlds" (Qur’an 3:96-97).

oh well the Saudi government do not allow it now even though the quran is very clear to say (by all people) not all men i truly think brother that the culture is playing a role here by being over protective because that culture has women issues some sisters may not do 7aj . God knows may he guide us to the right way inshalah.

Nur Sarah

Where does Islam teach seclusion to that extent? Thats quite extreme, because the Men and Women would pray in the same Room i n the Masjid at the time of the Prophet :saw:, Aisha (R.A) Mother of the Believers would teach men from behind a screen etc. Various Scholars had female teachers, and women studied with male teachers. Sometimes it is necessity to talk to the opposite sex in the market or outside. To say this is not allowed (i.e. haram) would mean that if someone did do it are commiting a sin. So, it is not haram or not allowed. There is nothing wrong with using a forum such as this.

Of course, this doesnt mean that unrelated men and women sit together or alone. Or that they speak in inappropriate manner.

Wasalamu Alaykum.

:salam2: please forgive my missunderstanding. its only that i had read one of the articles from this site that its haram for us to keep pen pals of the opposite sex and so forth. however my understanding is now leveled...and i apologize...and i take your explanation to heart. thank you brother:wasalam:

Nur Sarah

:salam2: thank you brothers and sisters for you knowledge and truth...i understand now..:blackhijab: :wasalam:

aseel

I find it very hard to make friends being a hijabi in my school, so i talk to people including men on msn. But one thing can lead to annother and conversations can get personnal.
I felt quite unatease talking to men on msn at first i do not speak(out of choise) to any man in person exept my teachers.
I made a good friend(male) on msn but this thread has got me thinking and i have just sent him one last mail to explain why i chose to no longer speak to him ! I am so happy i read this in time before things got to personal!

However this site is:"not a meeting place " I agree with that, and have never felt bad about posting .

But when it comes to male friends i do no think that platonic relationship is possible, but as most girls i forget this and think :" yeah he is so nice we talk about lots of things: islam, life , the weather....( and forget that we are just being sized up and sizing up for marriage....)

I am sure people do not agree so please let me know if i am too sinical

salaamalikum,
--

As far as getting personal, that should be minimal and as far as friendship, I think it all depends on your intentions. Friendship does not mean flirting or trying to get with a person--again it's what your intentions are. If you think it is your weakeness and think it will lead you to something else, then maybe it's not good for you.

And Allah Knows Best

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
:salam2:

When I was a kafr the person who gave me dawa was a female hijabi. Unfortunately we became very good friends and in the long run this caused us both a great deal of suffering. It is very dangerous to talk to anyone of the opposite sex without a mahram because one of the two parties will form new motivation for talking to the other. I am so scared when my University has a msa event because of the free mixing between the two and worry about running into shaytan. The first time I went to a msa event a woman greeted me in front of people I almost died of embaressment but then found out tha tthat is normal! We should all be very very careful.

hafz

Any one looking for friends

We are all here and anyone can send personal messages to each other.There are plenty of females on this forum so Aseel feel free to contact whom you please incl. myself we are sisters in islam and here for each other.