why i believe in islam?

nilab

:salam2:
:bismillah:

I have been asked to state why I believe in Islam. When I put the question to myself, the reply I received was, for the same reason for which I believe in anything else, that is to say, because it is the truth. A more detailed reply would be that in my view the central doctrine of all religions is the existence of God and man's relationship with Him, so that the religion that can succeed in establishing a true relationship between God and man must be true, and the truth of a faith is surely a sufficient reason for believing in it.

Islam claims that the Creator of this universe is a living God and that He reveals Himself to His creatures in this age in the same manner in which He used to reveal Himself in the ages past. This claim can be tested in two ways. God may either manifest His signs direct for a seeker after Him, or the seeker may come to believe in God by studying the life of a person to whom God has revealed Himself. As by the Grace of God, I happen to be one of those people to whom God has on many occasion and in a supernatural way revealed Himself. I stand in need of no further reason for believing in truth of Islam than that I have experienced the truth in my own person.

For the benefit of people who have had no similar experience, however, I proceed to relate the grounds which, in addition to my personal experience, have been the cause of my believing in Islam.

First of all, I believe in Islam for the reason that it does not compel me to accept all those matters the sum total of which is called Religion merely on authority, but furnishes convincing arguments in support of its doctrines. The existence of God and the nature of His attributes, angels, prayer and its effects, Divine decrees and their sphere, worship and its need, Divine Law and its benefits, revelation and its importance, resurrection and the life after death, heaven and hell -- with regard to every one of these, Islam has given detailed explanations and has established their truth with strong arguments to the satisfaction of the human mind.

Islam, therefore, furnishes me not only with faith, but also with the certainty of knowledge which satisfies my intellect and compels it to admit the need of religion.

Secondly, I believe in Islam as it does not base itself upon the experience of people who have passed away, but invites everybody to a personal experience of that which it teaches and guarantees. It claims that every truth can, in some manner or the other, be put to the test in this world, and it thus satisfies my reason.

Thirdly, I believe in Islam as it teaches that there can be no conflict between the word of God and the work of God, and thus resolves the supposed conflict between science and religion. It does not ask me to ignore the laws of nature and to believe in things which are contrary to them. On the contrary, it exhorts me to study the laws of nature and derive benefit from them. It teaches me that, as revelation comes from God and He also is the Creator of the universe, there can be no conflict between that which He does and that which He says. It invites me, therefore, in order to understand His revelation, to study His work, and in order to realize the significance of His work, to study His word, and thus satisfies my intellectual yearning."
:p
thank you
:wasalam:

Submitter

:salam2:

Powerful stuff!

My main area of interest is Islam and science - your third point. In this day and age with so many secular societies we're seeing an increasing number of athiests, and their main weapon against religion and God is science. They'll use science to attempt to disprove what Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc, believe, claiming there is no scientific evidence, or claiming the evidence goes against our beliefs.

What I have found after a little studying of science and religion is that Islam is the ONLY religion that complements all the latest scientific findings. Athiests say after all the latest discoveries in the 20th and 21st centuries they cannot accept there is a God. Yet if they were to open their eyes and actually read the Qur'an they would come to realise the truth of the greatest of all miracles.

Athiests use science as a weapon against religion, but as Muslims, the strongest defence we have against them is their own weapon: science! I feel science is the best way of convincing an athiest about the truth of Islam, hence my interest in it. Allah encourages us to seek knowledge and the more we learn, the more we come to realise the truth of Islam. Allah says:

And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that is in the heavens and on earth: behold, in that are signs indeed for those who reflect. (45: 13)

How many times have you read in the Qur'an Allah asking us to ponder and reflect? It's everywhere. And Muhammad :saw: said:

Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.

Anyway, todays lesson: seek knowledge and you will find the truth :)

N

norul

Assalamu Alaikum WRWB,

You have said it so beautifully and eloquently. May Allah bless you with more wisdom.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

This has been 'fresh air' of what Islam is all about. Thank you for your expressed thoughts of this.

May Allah bless you for this post....

mr. ok

:bismillah:

:salam2: my dear brothers and sisters (Muslims & non-Muslims).

What I have found after a little studying of science and religion is that Islam is the ONLY religion that complements all the latest scientific findings. Athiests say after all the latest discoveries in the 20th and 21st centuries they cannot accept there is a God. Yet if they were to open their eyes and actually read the Qur'an they would come to realise the truth of the greatest of all miracles.

Athiests use science as a weapon against religion, but as Muslims, the strongest defence we have against them is their own weapon: science! I feel science is the best way of convincing an athiest about the truth of Islam, hence my interest in it. Allah encourages us to seek knowledge and the more we learn, the more we come to realise the truth of Islam. Allah says:

And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that is in the heavens and on earth: behold, in that are signs indeed for those who reflect. (45: 13)

How many times have you read in the Qur'an Allah asking us to ponder and reflect? It's everywhere. And Muhammad :saw: said:

Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.

Anyway, todays lesson: seek knowledge and you will find the truth :)

mashALLAH, well said brother! I couldn't of said that better meself. You have made some real compelling points. Well done, brother! May ALLAH be pleased with you.

Best Regards,

Mr. Ok